The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

US government to become Buffy the Troll Hunter

Started by Frood, September 02, 2016, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-499571-combat-online-trolling/">http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend ... -trolling/">http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-499571-combat-online-trolling/

Because they hate the competition.  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-499571-combat-online-trolling/">http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend ... -trolling/">http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-499571-combat-online-trolling/

Because they hate the competition.  :laugh3:

I am cynical about government too.

Frood

Whenever they wage a war on something or someone, it's to eliminate the competition. War on terrorism, war on drugs, war on poverty.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Whenever they wage a war on something or someone, it's to eliminate the competition. War on terrorism, war on drugs, war on poverty.

You won't find me defending government actions..

The only time they want anything to do with me is when it is an election and they only my vote..

One thing though, in the future try to keep the politics in it's sub.

Frood

Sorry. Thought the online troll side of it was more a general forum interest.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sorry. Thought the online troll side of it was more a general forum interest.

You're right, it's more general interest stuff..

I am just saying that I try to keep the politics in it's sub.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sure

Thank you..

It would be nice to see something else in there besides Gay Boy Roberto's anti Trump gossip and Herman responding with anti Hillary gossip.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Whenever they wage a war on something or someone, it's to eliminate the competition. War on terrorism, war on drugs, war on poverty.

It is poking fun at the stupidity of government. While I am not a libertarian, this speaks loudly why smaller government is better government.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It is poking fun at the stupidity of government. While I am not a libertarian, this speaks loudly why smaller government is better government.

Big government, small government, I am cynical about politicians.

cc

The qualities required to win high and low office rule out good people

Sadly. that's how the game works in most every democracy

Mate and I have seen it all from the inside as several of our family (mostly my mate's family) made it to and near the top  .... from Mayor of Brantford (my grandfather and a wonderful exception to the rule - played a huge role in getting Canada Health Care in) ... to his children being Federal and Ontario Cabinet members  ... one cousin's hubby was Premier of Ontario for several years and a gal cousin was Ontario Health Minister recently for some time until the current leader (or whatever) took over  ... one uncle literally ran a Prime Minister, he was chief bagman for Mulroney and alone caused the Pearson Airport scandal in the 90s that Cretin  used as a prime tool to get elected

there are more, most (not quite all)  are not nice people
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"The qualities required to win high and low office rule out good people

Sadly. that's how the game works in most every democracy

Mate and I have seen it all from the inside as several of our family (mostly my mate's family) made it to and near the top  .... from Mayor of Brantford (my grandfather and a wonderful exception to the rule - played a huge role in getting Canada Health Care in) ... to his children being Federal and Ontario Cabinet members  ... one cousin's hubby was Premier of Ontario for several years and a gal cousin was Ontario Health Minister recently for some time until the current leader (or whatever) took over  ... one uncle literally ran a Prime Minister, he was chief bagman for Mulroney and alone caused the Pearson Airport scandal in the 90s that Cretin  used as a prime tool to get elected

there are more, most (not quite all)  are not nice people

That is amazing Daisy May..

My father was persecuted and imprisoned in Taiwan as a young man in the late sixties and early seventies for his opposition to Chiang Kai Shek's dictatorial rule..

My family was passionate about politics, but no more..

Taiwan now is fully democratic, has civil liberties and a free press, but my father is as cynical about politics there as he is here..

Maybe there is a connection between being comfortable and cynicism towards our elected leaders.

cc

Your father is a very brave man ... and dedicated to what he believes is right .. to be admired

Sadly democracy is no better than the people who get elected to office ..... and good people getting elected is rare

From my "inside" observation and everything I have seen outside of that has made me I firmly believe what I said above - "The qualities required to win high and low office rule out good people"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"Your father is a very brave man ... and dedicated to what he believes is right .. to be admired

Sadly democracy is no better than the people who get elected to office ..... and good people getting elected is rare

From my "inside" observation and everything I have seen outside of that has made me I firmly believe what I said above - "The qualities required to win high and low office rule out good people"

I've said it here many times and I will say it again. Universal suffrage is STUPID!!

cc

Yes, it's pretty much  the inmates running the asylum via voting

I also believe that the only possible good rule would be from a "benevolent dictator"

I'm open to offers and support   ac_smile