The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Chinese Complain About Rising Sinophobia

Started by Gary Oak, February 12, 2013, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

The Chinese are the most racist of all nationalities actually. Chinese activities against Canada and Canadians are becoming more apparent now the the percentage of sworn enemies of Canada and Canadians has risen so substantially

I notice that he isn't complaining about chinese spying againt Canada. He's not complaining about chinese racism against whites natives Japanese east Indians. I notice that he isn't complaining about the influx of chinese that support Chinese efforts to take over Canada and subjugate Canadians. Maybe he should complain about the increase of Canadians understanding how CHinese hate Canadians and want to take over Canada

I think they know if everybody understands the truths about who the QING represent in their oaths and rituals and that their goal is to take over Canada and subjugate us then we might demand another head tax and it would be justified. What about their Canadianophobia ? for example they way they get so paranoid about white people speaking cantonese and a file bing made on each one and chinese jumping over each other to be a minder of someone who speaks cantonese. A minder doesn't get kudos for saying the one they are minding is a good guy, they get kudos for information that can be used against them . These false friends are to be avoided. They will always find a reason to justify their actions against someone. Chinese men are not extremely racist ? This David Wong knows about the FAN QING FU MING oath and very likely not only supports it's aims but has taken it as well. What do they expect a Canadian to think once they realise what so many Chinese are up to ?

Vancouver residents sense rise in anti-Chinese sentiment in Canada

[all of Canada actually, Canadians are not idiots they know whats hapenning, see polls]

by CARLITO PABLO on FEB 7, 2013 at 3:28 AM

STORY

David Wong says Chinese people are once again being singled out.

POLL

Do you think anti-Chinese sentiment is on the rise in Canada?

Your vote was recorded.

YES 54%

88 VOTES

NO 36%

58 VOTES

UNSURE 10%

16 VOTES

CHINESE PEOPLE AROUND the world will welcome theLunar New Year on Sunday (February 10), but some Vancouver residents are sensing a rising tide of Sinophobia in Canada.

It's a feeling that has stirred up memories of historical wrongs, like the head tax of 1885 and the Chinese Exclusion Act, which replaced it in 1923 and shut the door on Chinese immigrants until 1947.

It's a foreboding that has come out of such things as a Nanos Research survey for CBC in October showing that Canadians see China as the greatest threat to Canada's national security, ahead of Iran. There's widespread opposition to the Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement inked by Ottawa and Beijing. There's also a lot of hostility to a Chinese state-owned corporation's $15.1-billion purchase of the Calgary-based oil-and-gas company Nexen Inc.

Here in B.C., China figures prominently in debates about the construction of new pipelines to carry oil and fracked gas destined for Asian markets. It doesn't help that for years, Vancouverites have accused Chinese people, both local and abroad, of snapping up Vancouver properties and making homes in the city unaffordable.

David Wong wonders why there's so much "rhetoric" around the now-delayed plan to hire around 200 workers from China to work in a coal mine in northern B.C. The Vancouver architect pointed out that there is silence regarding the federal government's plan to increase the annual quota for young workers from Ireland by 1,000, to 6,350, in 2013. Starting in 2014, the number of spaces for temporary Irish workers will rise to 10,000.

"The Chinese are just an easy group to single out," Wong, author of the 2012 book Escape to Gold Mountain: A Graphic History of the Chinese in North America, told the Georgia Straight in a phone interview.

As chair of the Canadians for Reconciliation Society, Bill Chu successfully campaigned for an apology from the City of New Westminster for its past anti-Chinese policies. Chu also wants the B.C. government to acknowledge the province's role in discrimination against early Chinese settlers.

According to the Hong Kong native, the dislike of Chinese people has only lain dormant and is apparently being roused by recent events. "Anti-Chinese sentiment has never really gone away from B.C.," Chu told the Straight in a phone interview. "Historically, it was there."

Labour unions played a key role in the formation of the Asiatic Exclusion League that rampaged during Vancouver's anti-Asian riot of 1907.

But Jim Sinclair, president of the B.C. Federation of Labour, doesn't see anti-Chinese sentiment as being on the rise.

"I don't believe that," Sinclair told the Straight by phone. "I don't think this is about Chinese. It's about foreign ownership of our country."

Sinclair emphasized that the labour movement opposed the Chinese acquisition of Nexen in the same way that it fought the attempted takeover by Australian mining giant BHP Billiton of the Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan. He added that the B.C. Fed has called for a moratorium on the recruitment of all temporary foreign workers.

Joey Hartman is the president of the Vancouver and District Labour Council. She's not seeing any evidence of an increase in anti-Chinese views either. What she perceives is the "attention" being paid to China as an economic force. It is "catching people by surprise", Hartman told the Straight by phone.

Focusing on the flap over the Chinese coal miners, historian Jim Wong-Chu noted that "in some ways, it's a throwback, like it or not".

"Every once in a while, this kind of thing rears its head and people that have these underlying feelings sometimes will become more vocal," Wong-Chu told the Straight in a phone interview.

University of Manitoba academic David Camfield stressed that recent events should be understood within the context of Canada's record in dealing with early Chinese immigration.

"All this racist history has left its mark on Canadian society, and it affects how people interpret these issues today," Camfield, an associate professor of labour studies, told the Straight in a phone interview. He noted that the perceived re-emergence of Sinophobia is "probably true".

Odinson

Is some1 afraid of those little chinese men?

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"Is some1 afraid of those little chinese men?

lol, it seems that way doesn't it.

Last time I checked they were afraid of us.

Asianman pumps into one of us and looks up "sry sir i didn´t mean to do that" and we are like "ROAAAAR". ;)

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"
lol, it seems that way doesn't it.

Last time I checked they were afraid of us.

Asianman pumps into one of us and looks up "sry sir i didn´t mean to do that" and we are like "ROAAAAR". ;)

I didn't know you bumped into constipator? :lol:

:lol:

Gary Oak

This term sinophobia insinuates that alarm at what Chinese activities are going on against Canada and Canadians and alarm at Chinese Canadiscams support of these activities is some type of psychological disorder. It might not be politically correct but it is common sense and they know that if we understand what they are doing and understand them that they deserve to be despised

Romero

An irrational fear and hatred of an entire group of people is indeed a psychological disorder.

Read your article again. Sinophobes like you have been hatin' and fear mongering since the frigging 1800's. Yet after all this time, Canada has only become a better place thanks in part to our Chinese Canadians.

"They deserve to be despised."

No. That was your decision.

Gary Oak

One billion dollars a month to Chinese spying Canada loses and a large number of them support it for example.....Romoron

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We have BIGGER problems.

Not to paranoid fools like Gary. He not only believes the antichrist is coming he is certain he will be Chinese.

Gary Oak

It is a well proven fact that muslims are a disaster for any country who makes the mistake of allowing them to immigrate however this topic is about this misnomer called sinophobia

Laughing Out Loud

Former Chineses spies have reported that China has more than 1000 spies in Canada, more than in any other country outside China. The Canadian government fears that the Chinese have stolen considerable business and industrial secrets from the country. The cost to Canadian companies has been between $50 and $150 billion. The issue in Canada is also worse than the U.S. and Europe, according to experts, because the country does not have corporate espionage laws.

Washington released a scathing report about the cyberespionage threat posed by China's Huawei Technologies Co. The expanding telcom giant simply "cannot be trusted to be free of foreign state influence, according to the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. The report suggested Huawei and the billions of dollars worth of Internet-infrastructure equipment that it sells could facilitate the ongoing onslaught of sophisticated computer network intrusions that originate in China.

Gary Oak

For each spy they have thousands who will tell them whatever they can

Anonymous

Sinophobia isn't an easy thing to define...who decides what it is?

If it means discrimination or hate crimes against Han Chinese people anyone would call that sinophobia..

If it is harsh criticism of China's policies on Taiwan, Falun Gong or the South China Sea then I would be considered sinophobic myself even though I am Taiwanese..

One can freely criticize China as I do all the time and not be a "sinophobe".

Gary Oak

I wonder why no Chinese are complaining about rising Chinese Canadiscams hatred of Canadians ? I wonder why no Chinese are complaining about Canada losing ONE BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH TO CHINESE SPYING ! ? I wonder why no chinese Canadiscam is complaining about Chinese efforts to take over this country ? I wonder why no Chinese CAnadiscam is complaining about Chinese heroin smuggling ?

Romero