Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Leftover Women......what a waste

Started by Obvious Li, February 23, 2013, 05:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

instigator

seoogay will never have a family unless it's a gay one adopting a gay child apprentice.

children raised by gays are in the same league as m*ongrel

Anonymous

Quote from: "instigator"seoogay will never have a family unless it's a gay one adopting a gay child apprentice.

children raised by gays are in the same league as m*ongrel

Still fantasizing about gay men you  little Vietnamese twit? You and Gary Oak should get a room.

Odinson

Quote from: "instigator"leftovers here are called m*ongrels or foreign horndog prey.

you know the type.

The vietcong here are called milk-cartons.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "instigator"leftovers here are called m*ongrels or foreign horndog prey.

you know the type.

milk cartons?

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"

you know the type.

milk cartons?

Meaning small sized.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
milk cartons?

Meaning small sized.

They don't get any smaller than constipator.

True that.

Odinson

They don't get any smaller than constipator.

True that.

Could he get a woman in Finland?

I doubt it. Other than finnishmen, finnishwomen mostly go for swedish or norwegianmen.

Odinson

And Instigator is not really a flagship of asianmen.

Kala

milk cartons?

Meaning small sized.

That is most Asian men.

Big Wave Dave

Quote from: "Obvious Li"I wish i was young and single again....

China's 'leftover women', unmarried at 27

By Mary Kay Magistad PRI's The World, Beijing

Over 27? Unmarried? Female? In China, you could be labelled a "leftover woman" by the state - but some professional Chinese women these days are happy being single.

Huang Yuanyuan is working late at her job in a Beijing radio newsroom. She's also stressing out about the fact that the next day, she'll turn 29.

"Scary. I'm one year older," she says. "I'm nervous."

Why?

"Because I'm still single. I have no boyfriend. I'm under big pressure to get married."

Huang is a confident, personable young woman with a good salary, her own apartment, an MA from one of China's top universities, and a wealth of friends.

Still, she knows that these days, single, urban, educated women like her in China are called "sheng nu" or "leftover women" - and it stings.

Huang Yuanyuan (front right) and a fellow "leftover" colleague, Wang Tingting, at their radio station in Beijing Who are you calling "leftover"? Huang Yuanyuan (front) and her colleague Wang Tingting

She feels pressure from her friends and her family, and the message gets hammered in by China's state-run media too.

Even the website of the government's supposedly feminist All-China Women's Federation featured articles about "leftover women" - until enough women complained.

State-run media started using the term "sheng nu" in 2007. That same year the government warned that China's gender imbalance - caused by selective abortions because of the one-child policy - was a serious problem.

National Bureau of Statistics data shows there are now about 20 million more men under 30 than women under 30.

"Ever since 2007, the state media have aggressively disseminated this term in surveys, and news reports, and columns, and cartoons and pictures, basically stigmatising educated women over the age of 27 or 30 who are still single," says Leta Hong-Fincher, an American doing a sociology PhD at Tsinghua University in Beijing.

Census figures for China show that around one in five women aged 25-29 is unmarried.

The proportion of unmarried men that age is higher - over a third. But that doesn't mean they will easily match up, since Chinese men tend to "marry down", both in terms of age and educational attainment.

"There is an opinion that A-quality guys will find B-quality women, B-quality guys will find C-quality women, and C-quality men will find D-quality women," says Huang Yuanyuan. "The people left are A-quality women and D-quality men. So if you are a leftover woman, you are A-quality."

If you are in the market for a quality 30 year old woman China is a good place to be. Compare that to the overweight, thin-lipped headcases in Canada?

Obvious Li

nah dave.....i stopped comparing 20 years ago.......

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"nah dave.....i stopped comparing 20 years ago.......

Is it just me or does Dave strike you as a real jerk?

dave may or not be a jerk...but he is definitly portraying him self as a jerk.....he sounds like a lot of fob whities that land in asian countries without the proper respect and appreciation of what the culture offers....

Odinson

Odinson

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"nah dave.....i stopped comparing 20 years ago.......

dave may or not be a jerk...but he is definitly portraying him self as a jerk.....he sounds like a lot of fob whities that land in asian countries without the proper respect and appreciation of what the culture offers....

Women?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Women?

no......women with certain traits, skills, goals, attributes, body type, looks, hair style, skin color, understanding, abilities and aspirations.....you find no where else on the planet......if you do not know this you are a boy