Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

2016-2017 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, October 27, 2016, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

NHL starts up again tonight after a three day break.

Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

Woohoo! Good job, boys!

[/video]

TORONTO — Colin White and Jordan Greenway scored early power-play goals and Joseph Woll made 25 saves to help the United States beat Canada 3-1 on Saturday for the top spot in Group B in the World Junior Championships.

Jeremy Bracco also scored for the United States (4-0-0), set to play Switzerland in the quarterfinals Monday in Toronto.

"We kept our game simple and did what we had to do," Greenway said. "Our forwards, our defensemen, everyone was blocking shots when they had to. We have great chemistry playing defense as a team."

Greenway plays at Boston University, White and Woll at Boston College, and Bracco for Kitchener in the Ontario Hockey League.

"This was a tough road game to play and I'm proud of every one of these guys for the effort they gave to get the win," said coach Bob Motzko of St. Cloud State. "We've been happy with our team for a while now, but tonight we overcame adversity and played with a lot of fire. We haven't won anything yet, though. We'll enjoy this tonight, but starting tomorrow it's time to turn our attention to the playoff round."

Thomas Chabot scored on a 5-on-3 power play for Canada (3-1-0).
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

We play Switzerland tomorrow. Pfftt. That will be a picnic. Switzerland, to me, does not produce the cream of the crop of hockey players. I like their Swiss cheese though. Hehe.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

The USA wins the gold medal at the world juniors defeating Canada 5-4 in a shootout..

Canada wins the silver and Russia the bronze.

@realAzhyaAryola

That was incredibly awesome, Fash! Woohoo!
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"That was incredibly awesome, Fash! Woohoo!

I didn't see the game, but I heard Canada had the lead throughout most of the game.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Woohoo! The guys in red are hosting the guys in white! Washington 1, Montreal 0. Go Caps Go!
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Bell Centre, site of the very recent and stunning defeat of Canada to the USA for gold in World Juniors Championship. I'm sure emotions are still fresh and raw and now the Canadiens may lose to the Caps? Uh oh.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Woohoo! The guys in red are hosting the guys in white! Washington 1, Montreal 0. Go Caps Go!

Will Montreal make the playoffs this year Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

At this point, Fash, they could end up in the playoffs because they are currently number 5 in league standings.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"At this point, Fash, they could end up in the playoffs because they are currently number 5 in league standings.

The Habs are one of husband's favourite teams after Calgary.

Anonymous

Calgary is losing two to zero against the New Jersey Devils.

@realAzhyaAryola

Here's the top 5 teams at the moment, Fash:

Columbus Blue Jackets

Washington Caps

Montreal Canadiens

Minnesota Wild

Chicago Blackhawks
@realAzhyaAryola