The best topic

Replies: 10390
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:17:10 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

Did you know...?

Started by RW, November 23, 2016, 05:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

French was the official language of England for over 600 years.

Anonymous

Nintendo was originally a trading card company.

http://cdn.lifebuzz.com/images/6203/lifebuzz-08bf069641cee044858c7003edb27c31-limit_2000.jpg">

JOE

Those must be very collectible.

But the gum in them must be hard and unedible by now.

Quote from: "Fashionista"Nintendo was originally a trading card company.

http://cdn.lifebuzz.com/images/6203/lifebuzz-08bf069641cee044858c7003edb27c31-limit_2000.jpg">

Angry White Male

Quote from: "JOE"But the gum in them must be hard and unedible by now.

I'd say!  They started making them in the 1890's...

shin

If you ingest more than 1000 mg/kg of chocolate, you'll die of theobromine poisoning.

Anonymous

6.A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day. Good night!

Angry White Male

That's why I run a waterproof sheet-cover.  Not because I have occasionally pissed the bed the odd time, but for these exact reasons, Fash.  PLUS!  My manufacturers warranty against sagging, etc., is void without the cover.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"That's why I run a waterproof sheet-cover.  Not because I have occasionally pissed the bed the odd time, but for these exact reasons, Fash.  PLUS!  My manufacturers warranty against sagging, etc., is void without the cover.

Is it plastic and does it make sleeping feel unnatural?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Is it plastic and does it make sleeping feel unnatural?

Yes, it's like a vinyl.  When I bought my relatively expensive Kingsdown King-Sized, I was told that any apparent staining will void the warranty, and I must use one.

Of course, you don't have to use it...  However, they can easily tell if it's stained by ANY matter, and then the sagging warranty simply goes Kaput.  They're not forcing you to use it.

I don't notice it, since it's a quality piece...  Lined with cotton on the "top" side.  To aid with "breathability," I have a relatively thick cotton mattress "pad" that I place over the cover...  You can find these in any good sleep shop.  Fits like a fitted sheet, but is actually a relatively thick underlay, so to speak.

I fit that, and then fit my regular sheets on top of everything!  Do this, and you would not be able to tell the difference.

That's just how I roll!  I keep my warranty, and if something gets spilled/sweat/piss the bed, no worries!

Anonymous

Every year 16 million gallons of oil runs off pavement into streams, rivers, and eventually, oceans in the United States. This is more oil than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez.

Angry White Male

People forget just how much they sweat at night.  Most people sweat buckets at times, during bad dreams, etc.

That shit soaks right in also.  Just look at your pillows over time.

Pillows are relatively cheap to replace, but a mattress is not.  I only buy real down pillows, and they're still easier and cheaper to replace than a mattress!

Anonymous

The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.

Annie

Did you know it's impossible to lick your elbow?  How many of you just tried to lick your elbow?  :roll:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

Bricktop

Did you know that a baby Echidna is called a puggle?

http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647bf3970b01a73d69a644970d-800wi">