Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

The TBC Welcoming Committee

Started by RW, December 18, 2016, 03:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Oberon"Gee, no wonder we get slapped for being anti-social.

Telling people to die...didn't you get rather upset that Renee wasn't timed out for wishing you dead?  My memory on that is rather fuzzy.  Hrm....

Tell kiebers to do something about that post. Fash took away my edit privileges. :sneaky2:

Good.  It should be edited.

You see why I should have my edit privileges back?

RW

Telling people to die...didn't you get rather upset that Renee wasn't timed out for wishing you dead?  My memory on that is rather fuzzy.  Hrm....

Tell kiebers to do something about that post. Fash took away my edit privileges. :sneaky2:

Are you fucking kidding?

Sorry that was a typo.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Are you fucking kidding?

Sorry that was a typo.

If I was still able to edit posts, I could remove the offensive portion of Shen Li's post.

RW

:oeudC:

And that's why you lost your editing privileges.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

You did not leave her with a lot of choice. What you were doing with the edits was just about the worst thing a mod could do to a forum.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

You did not leave her with a lot of choice. What you were doing with the edits was just about the worst thing a mod could do to a forum.

Exactly.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

What's fair is fair. I am not going back through 350 pages of posts to see how many "fuck off and die" or "foad" there are. It's a slang expression that has been around longer than the internet as we know it has been. If the admin wants to clean these things up she can advise me and I will work on it. until then.....it will stay.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

I'm not sure how poking Oberon turned into some issue on modding or post editing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm not sure how poking Oberon turned into some issue on modding or post editing.

I told dsm to foad.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"What's fair is fair. I am not going back through 350 pages of posts to see how many "fuck off and die" or "foad" there are. It's a slang expression that has been around longer than the internet as we know it has been. If the admin wants to clean these things up she can advise me and I will work on it. until then.....it will stay.

Thank you sexy. :wink:

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"I'm not sure how poking Oberon turned into some issue on modding or post editing.

I told dsm to foad.  ac_biggrin

I know :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"What you were doing with the edits was just about the worst thing a mod could do to a forum.

I brought this up ages ago, but nobody listens to a word I say (not that I care)...

Modding 101:  If a post needs to be "edited," this means you either remove some, or all, of the post.

You don't replace it with anything else.

And I have also posted this here before, which I will post once again:

QuoteReddit CEO admits modifying Donald Trump supporters' posts

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-25/reddit-ceo-admits-changing-trump-supporters%27-posts/8057998">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-25/r ... ts/8057998">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-25/reddit-ceo-admits-changing-trump-supporters'-posts/8057998

Angry White Male

Quote from: "SCOUSE"She was a bitter hate-filled blob of pus..... What actually was her problem?

She was a fat pig, and her only way to "lash out" at society was via anonymous internet forums.

It's too bad she had to become that way though, as she was quite well versed and knowledgeable about some things that I also had interest in.

Wulf

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"She was a bitter hate-filled blob of pus..... What actually was her problem?

She was a fat pig, and her only way to "lash out" at society was via anonymous internet forums.

It's too bad she had to become that way though, as she was quite well versed and knowledgeable about some things that I also had interest in.

More from the king of irony.  :laugh3:

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Oberon"He loves to run with the fox and hunt with the hounds.

Which is fine...all power to him if that's how he gets his jollies.

As long as he doesn't ask to be taken seriously when he talks about this and other forums. The fact is he gives no fuck for any of them other than to provide a platform for his sparkling repartee.

In that context, he is highly disingenuous
and not unlike Dinky Diana in hiding behind a personna as a form of mockery.

i get where you're coming from. and to an extent, you're spot on.... i know yall have had issues with VF.... but i wasn't a part of that and i have no bad blood with either place.... if anyone here with an issue against me, is strictly of their own design. i have no interest in drama whatsoever and i don't feel any need to use a message board as a beach-side shower and wash out all the proverbial sand from my vagina.... i'm here to be entertained. thats all. as for being 'disingenuous'.... yeah.... i suppose i could be read as such.... but its only because i realize how offensive my opinions are and i do my best to keep them to myself.... as i said, i'm not here for drama and fighting.... i'm here for jokes and to kill time....