The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

ATTN: Iron Horse Jockey

Started by Angry White Male, January 13, 2017, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

A buddy of mine lives fairly close to a busy track that runs freight 24/7 here, with numerous crossings nearby.

He's convinced some conductors make more of a racket in the middle of the night with the air horn than others do.

My opinion was that I couldn't see why some would do that, but I suppose it's a possibility.

So, is his hunch correct?  Can a conductor make excessive racket with the horn should he desire to?  Or are the horn blast lengths and timing strictly regulated and controlled?

Anonymous

I thought this was going to be another thread about his wife's caboose.

ac_blush

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"A buddy of mine lives fairly close to a busy track that runs freight 24/7 here, with numerous crossings nearby.

Obviously if you live close to the tracks you gonna hear the train.

Complaining about that is just as dumb as vancouverites who live in condos right next to the sky train....

...if you dont want the noise, then dont live there....duh!

Angry White Male

Berry Sweet

Yeah a horn in the middle of the night...blah blah...

Berry Sweet

Theres a lot of drunks and druggies in that area....they could be on the tracks...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Theres a lot of drunks and druggies in that area....they could be on the tracks...

How do you know what area it is?

Anyhow, I'm sure a drunk lying on the tracks would bring a non-stop horn blast, until he was hit.

Nonetheless, this is an answer that Iron Horse can answer.  It is doubtful that you could, Berry, but thanks for the effort...

Let's just wait for Iron Horse to answer my OP.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"A buddy of mine lives fairly close to a busy track that runs freight 24/7 here, with numerous crossings nearby.

He's convinced some conductors make more of a racket in the middle of the night with the air horn than others do.

My opinion was that I couldn't see why some would do that, but I suppose it's a possibility.

So, is his hunch correct?  Can a conductor make excessive racket with the horn should he desire to?  Or are the horn blast lengths and timing strictly regulated and controlled?

Everything we do is strictly regulated by Transport Canada through the Canadian Rail Operating Rules. The rules with whistles and horns at crossings are clear unless there is an agreement with a municipality that changes it.

Oh and it's the engineer that sounds horns and whistles not the conductor.

Angry White Male

Thanks for the response.  That's what I sort of figured.  

Perhaps because the horns sound louder in the middle of the night leads him to believe some Engineers are "fucking around" with the horns in the middle of the night (excessive length blasts, etc) just for fun...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Thanks for the response.  That's what I sort of figured.  

Perhaps because the horns sound louder in the middle of the night leads him to believe some Engineers are "fucking around" with the horns in the middle of the night (excessive length blasts, etc) just for fun...

I live near CP Keith yard in Calgary and there are some home owners here who think that too.

Angry White Male

Maybe they did back in the olden days?  Back when the conductors could jam their lunchboxes onto the deadman's switch, put their feet up, and take a little snooze...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Maybe they did back in the olden days?  Back when the conductors could jam their lunchboxes onto the deadman's switch, put their feet up, and take a little snooze...

No, I think some of my neighbours just like to complain.

Berry Sweet

I could give a shit about the trains....I sleep soundly anyway.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I could give a shit about the trains....I sleep soundly anyway.

Ya, 'cause all the Zopiclone you gobble down!

So much so, that Doktors are starting to only hand out 10 at a time, like the one today!

Thanks a lot, Berry.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I could give a shit about the trains....I sleep soundly anyway.

Ya, 'cause all the Zopiclone you gobble down!

So much so, that Doktors are starting to only hand out 10 at a time, like the one today!

Thanks a lot, Berry.

Think of my hearing...think about why I dont hear trains while im sleeping...hello...