The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

As Pot Prices Plunge, Growers Scramble To Cut Costs

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2017, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "RW"Thee should be no chemical use.

These mass growers are going to fuck it up.

They know it will just create a market for "organic" and the prices should go back up.

It should be organic.

Today's organic or 75 years ago organic. They are different...LOL

Food items that are classified as "organic", to me, should be classified as "Chemical Free". Pot could be the same way. Marketing baby, Marketing.....LOL

I don't care how it's marketed, it shouldn't have chemicals on it - period.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "shin"I figured that the mass legalization would lower prices eventually.

I used to toke years ago. I think I'm currently on the fence about whether it should be widely available.

I'm not anyone's Father, but I wouldn't suggest anyone under 18 use it, although I did. It can change the way you think permanently, and this can be a double edged sword for people who are still developing.

On the other hand, if there were more truthful education spread through mass media about it, fewer people would smoke tobacco and drink alcohol. I think marijuana is ultimately a safer option than these and other drugs.

I hope they both disappear too.

The government of Ontario had tobacco revenue alone in 2012-2013 of $1.15 billion. I cannot find figures for alcohol sin taxes.  I would like to see marijuana legalized and taxed too. I am a smoker and a drinker, but sin taxes make much more sense than taxing income. The problem with sin taxes is that if governments get too greedy it creates a contraband market as we have in Ontario with cigarettes.

Alcohol and tobacco do pay a lot of bills provincially and federally, no question about it.

I don't care iron horse jockey, they are both destroy people.

Some people are helped by marijuana.  You can't say the same of tobacco use or alcohol as we use it.

Meet Charlotte:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9qkYLtAhSQ
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Montel Williams and I have the same symptoms.  Here's his opinion on the drug:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJjvxgb0XGw
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Thee should be no chemical use.

These mass growers are going to fuck it up.

They know it will just create a market for "organic" and the prices should go back up.

It should be organic.

Today's organic or 75 years ago organic. They are different...LOL

Food items that are classified as "organic", to me, should be classified as "Chemical Free". Pot could be the same way. Marketing baby, Marketing.....LOL

My husband and I used to fall for that deliberately misleading label on food and pay more.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I figured that the mass legalization would lower prices eventually.

I used to toke years ago. I think I'm currently on the fence about whether it should be widely available.

I'm not anyone's Father, but I wouldn't suggest anyone under 18 use it, although I did. It can change the way you think permanently, and this can be a double edged sword for people who are still developing.

On the other hand, if there were more truthful education spread through mass media about it, fewer people would smoke tobacco and drink alcohol. I think marijuana is ultimately a safer option than these and other drugs.

The government of Ontario had tobacco revenue alone in 2012-2013 of $1.15 billion. I cannot find figures for alcohol sin taxes.  I would like to see marijuana legalized and taxed too. I am a smoker and a drinker, but sin taxes make much more sense than taxing income. The problem with sin taxes is that if governments get too greedy it creates a contraband market as we have in Ontario with cigarettes.

Alcohol and tobacco do pay a lot of bills provincially and federally, no question about it.

Some people are helped by marijuana.  You can't say the same of tobacco use or alcohol as we use it.

Meet Charlotte:

I know people that smoke it strictly to cope with pain. But, I'm on a lease supervising a workover and I can see a the derrickhand and floorhand smoking up right now.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

Meet Charlotte:

I know people that smoke it strictly to cope with pain. But, I'm on a lease supervising a workover and I can see a the derrickhand and floorhand smoking up right now.
I was NEVER much of a pot smoker and I grew up in awesome, cheap weed country.  I use it to manage pain - the same pain Montel Williams has.  To think someone would deny me access to a drug that works pisses me off.  People shouldn't have to suffer due to other people's ignorance.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I really dislike the idea of legalizing mood altering substances..

But, I too know that marijuana and opiates have medicinal purposes..

I don't know.

ac_dunno

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"I really dislike the idea of legalizing mood altering substances..

I don't know.

ac_dunno

Do you know how many mood altering substances there are?  Caffeine is a mood altering substance in additional MANY MANY legal drugs.  To say one is okay and another one isn't for no real reason doesn't make sense.
Beware of Gaslighters!

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't care iron horse jockey, they are both destroy people.

I want you to know that I respect your views, Fash. It seems like you've known someone whose life spun out of control due to substance abuse, and I can relate to that.

While it does have medicinal properties, I think more people use it to self medicate in a way that leads them beyond healing and hovers on emotional and physical dependence. However, it's not for me to say how other people choose to live, though, as long as they don't negatively affect others in proximity to themselves.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"I really dislike the idea of legalizing mood altering substances..

I don't know.

ac_dunno

Do you know how many mood altering substances there are?  Caffeine is a mood altering substance in additional MANY MANY legal drugs.  To say one is okay and another one isn't for no real reason doesn't make sense.

I think people in your situation would benefit from using it medicinally, but as I type this I'm kind of wondering where do we draw the line on who can use it and who can't? Freedom is one thing, but there are some benevolent reasons we have laws and restrictions in effect.

I think it does have side effects that can outweigh the benefits. As a person who might or might not use it regularly, how much would you say is too much to use over any allotted period of time?

RW

I can say for a few drugs I take and have taken that the side effects outweigh the benefit but I wouldn't include marijuana on that list.

I think with any drug, you start with the lowest amount possible and work up from there.  I honestly don't know what my upper limit would be as I've never reached it.

After hours of rolling around in bed and having a hot bath I've decided to use some marijuana to get rid of the severe pain I have in my legs.  Maybe then I can sleep.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

I don't know.

ac_dunno

I think people in your situation would benefit from using it medicinally, but as I type this I'm kind of wondering where do we draw the line on who can use it and who can't? Freedom is one thing, but there are some benevolent reasons we have laws and restrictions in effect.

I think it does have side effects that can outweigh the benefits. As a person who might or might not use it regularly, how much would you say is too much to use over any allotted period of time?

Does a person really need to be drunk or high all the time?

That's pathetic.

RW

I don't know.

ac_dunno

That's pathetic.

If a person is in a lot of pain, being "high all the time" might be a better option.

What I find "pathetic" is denying people drugs that help them.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I don't know.

ac_dunno

That's pathetic.

If a person is in a lot of pain, being "high all the time" might be a better option.

What I find "pathetic" is denying people drugs that help them.

I do not think she will ever see mary jane as having purpose besides recreational high.

RW

That's just ignorant.

I had the choice between morphine, oxycodone and marijuana to treat my pain.  Two are highly addictive opiates that leave me unable to function and the other is marijuana.  It's a no brainer for me.   The only thing I can't do while using marijuana is operate a motor vehicle, which I can't do on the other two either.

I assume you've toked a few spliffs in your day Hermie?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Print
User actions