News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I'm so sad that Mary Tyler Moore has passed away....

Started by JOE, January 25, 2017, 03:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "Yeah Right"I'm surprised Joe hasn't created 5 threads in politics blaming Trump for her death.

I was going to warn everyone not to say that

Toooo late

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "RW"I hope the whole damn lot of you start some threads.  This place is slow as molasses.

Darn. That's even slower than Oberon's erection capabilities.

Getting stale there Dink.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "RW"I hope the whole damn lot of you start some threads.  This place is slow as molasses.

Darn. That's even slower than Oberon's erection capabilities.

Getting stale there Dink.

Try washing it out with some vinegar and water?  :001_tongue:
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke Show

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANvMAyXuQpI

Anonymous

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"So sad about Mary Tyler Moore.

:sad:

Farewell, Mary Tyler Moore....

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMYRJqgRHlM

Anonymous

Shit Joe, pull yourself together. You are kind of like a man you know.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"Shit Joe, pull yourself together. You are kind of like a man you know.

Admittedly, I had to hold back the tears today, Herman after hearing that 'Mary' died.

And I don't cry or show my emotions very often. Not even at funerals.

I know it seems silly to you, but it's almost as if a part of me died.

I never knew this person, nor met her, but nevertheless, it saddened me for some reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Herman"Shit Joe, pull yourself together. You are kind of like a man you know.

Admittedly, I had to hold back the tears today, Herman after hearing that 'Mary' died.

And I don't cry or show my emotions very often. Not even at funerals.

I know it seems silly to you, but it's almost as if a part of me died.

I never knew this person, nor met her, but nevertheless, it saddened me for some reason.

Of course it is silly for a guy to mourn a celeb. But, you are a little light in the loafers.

Berry Sweet

Imo...people are quite tools...why be sad when a celebrity passes?  Majority of them are assholes or bitches...not many have done much to improve the quality of the world or change lives...the only one I could give real credit to is Princess Di....the rest are just fluff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Imo...people are quite tools...why be sad when a celebrity passes?  Majority of them are assholes or bitches...not many have done much to improve the quality of the world or change lives...the only one I could give real credit to is Princess Di....the rest are just fluff.

I don't want my children looking up to actors and singers.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Imo...people are quite tools...why be sad when a celebrity passes?  Majority of them are assholes or bitches...not many have done much to improve the quality of the world or change lives...the only one I could give real credit to is Princess Di....the rest are just fluff.

Good for you Fashy.  Cant look upto that fakeness.  #1 thing im teaching my kid right now is body image and fakeness on social media....gosh, it must be so hard to be a kid today, cause they are so gullable and easy to target....everything sells to youth.

The mannequins at the mall are anorexic, images of models in magazines are photoshopped...all about image and its all fake...I had her sit down and watch you tube clips on how they photoshop famous people and make them look perfect, and how they are not...no one is perfect..

...im trying to teach her about media and how they can twist everything and make it seem like something else..and for her not to be a sheep and fall for everything....always do your research!.....This world is somethibg else!   Its so hard to try teach kids this stuff! And they need it!  Cause no one else is gonna trach it to them...no one else is gonna protect them....im not letting this world take my kids mind...not gonna happen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Good for you Fashy.  Cant look upto that fakeness.  #1 thing im teaching my kid right now is body image and fakeness on social media....gosh, it must be so hard to be a kid today, cause they are so gullable and easy to target....everything sells to youth.

The mannequins at the mall are anorexic, images of models in magazines are photoshopped...all about image and its all fake...I had her sit down and watch you tube clips on how they photoshop famous people and make them look perfect, and how they are not...no one is perfect..

...im trying to teach her about media and how they can twist everything and make it seem like something else..and for her not to be a sheep and fall for everything....always do your research!.....This world is somethibg else!   Its so hard to try teach kids this stuff! And they need it!  Cause no one else is gonna trach it to them...no one else is gonna protect them....im not letting this world take my kids mind...not gonna happen.

Fakeness is the key word Berry..

Actors and singers take us away from our real lives for a little while..

But, they really don't do much for society, they are totally self absorbed and all too often they are not even close to being as smart as they thinks they are.

Berry Sweet

Oh for sure Fashy...they're just regular people.  A lot of them go broke too...they dont know how to balance their bank accounts and live ridiculous lives.

Fake is right...plastic surgeries, designer clothes, nice cars, flagy bing...inside they are total losers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Oh for sure Fashy...they're just regular people.  A lot of them go broke too...they dont know how to balance their bank accounts and live ridiculous lives.

Fake is right...plastic surgeries, designer clothes, nice cars, flagy bing...inside they are total losers.

And they all think we the people should be consuming less while they live a life of extreme indulgence.