Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Do U give MONEY to BEGGARS on the STREET

Started by IRISH KAM, February 07, 2017, 11:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
This is true. White N. Americans come here, snort too much blo, drink too much Guaro, and become homeless. A brown skinned Tico or Latino would have way more class. Seriously.

Costa Rica has lots of beggars and they are locals, not expats. Even the ones that claim to be foreigners are not.

http://www.puravidatravels.com/costa_rica_travel_tips.shtml">http://www.puravidatravels.com/costa_ri ... tips.shtml">http://www.puravidatravels.com/costa_rica_travel_tips.shtml

Beggars - As with any major city San Jose has it's fair share of beggars and hustlers. Most of them I have found to not be very aggresive and a simple no tengo dinero (I don't have money) will send them on to the next pigeon. There are some that have much more elaborate schemes. One guy walks around with a plastic bag with a US passport in it saying he's an American and lost his money and he just needs bus fare to get home. I've run into the guy at least 10 times and it's always the same pitch

http://www.puravidatravels.com/costa_rica1/thumbnails/108-0857_IMG_jpg.jpg">

http://amcostaricaarchives.com/2012/02/the-professional-beggars-appear-to-have-returned/">http://amcostaricaarchives.com/2012/02/ ... -returned/">http://amcostaricaarchives.com/2012/02/the-professional-beggars-appear-to-have-returned/

To scam money from tourists it helps to sound like you came from New Yuork or Chaagago. Plus you need a sad story.

One fellow who patrols the streets near Hospital Calderón Guardia sounds like a U.S. citizen. He says he is. He said he is from New York and came to Costa Rica to buy property in Tamarindo. It just so happened his friend lives in San José and on his way from the friend's house to his hotel his taxi driver stole all his belongings, including suitcase and passport. He is left penniless and has to get to the American Embassy to report his unfortunate dilemma. He needs just a little cash.

I encountered a con artists like that in Panama and CR. They need to do more research about the places they pretend they are from if they want any success at all.

Twenty Dollars

My be true in parts of S.J. Not in the Guanacaste. Most poor country folks. As I say mostly white N. Americans. Regarding scams and rip offs? Yep, part of life here. It can easily be avoided, by not giving those a chance at it, and being assertive. Herman you told me last year, you loved here? Lots of Canadians here now. Even the crooked Pres. here has half a brain.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My be true in parts of S.J. Not in the Guanacaste. Most poor country folks. As I say mostly white N. Americans. Regarding scams and rip offs? Yep, part of life here. It can easily be avoided, by not giving those a chance at it, and being assertive. Herman you told me last year, you loved here? Lots of Canadians here now. Even the crooked Pres. here has half a brain.

I have already proven that is a scam by locals. It happens all over the world too. I can't believe you actually fell for it.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My be true in parts of S.J. Not in the Guanacaste. Most poor country folks. As I say mostly white N. Americans. Regarding scams and rip offs? Yep, part of life here. It can easily be avoided, by not giving those a chance at it, and being assertive. Herman you told me last year, you loved here? Lots of Canadians here now. Even the crooked Pres. here has half a brain.

I have already proven that is a scam by locals. It happens all over the world too. I can't believe you actually fell for it.

Fell for what?

IRISH KAM

Fell for what?

Apart from that Lil brown Boy who ya claim is ya *COUGH* .....Gardener .

The scam ya Fool . What dya think HERMS talkin aboot !
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Anonymous

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"

Fell for what?

That is one of the oldest scams locals still use that target ignorant foreigners.

TD reminds me of a Korean guy I was drinking with in Singapore who told me that most prostitute customers in Korea were white foreigners because he some in the foreigner ghetto of Itaewon buying hos. :crazy:

Aryan

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I live in a poor country. Rarely do I see a homeless person or someone asking for $$. I have once or twice, and they were white English speakers.

:roll:

This is true. White N. Americans come here, snort too much blo, drink too much Guaro, and become homeless. A brown skinned Tico or Latino would have way more class. Seriously.

Fuck off Semen you Jew loving greaseball.

Aryan

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My be true in parts of S.J. Not in the Guanacaste. Most poor country folks. As I say mostly white N. Americans. Regarding scams and rip offs? Yep, part of life here. It can easily be avoided, by not giving those a chance at it, and being assertive.

How the fuck are you 'assertive' when you're 72 years old and 5 ft 4 ?   ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I live in a poor country. Rarely do I see a homeless person or someone asking for $$. I have once or twice, and they were white English speakers.

I have been all over CR including where he lives. It is crawling with CR kids begging and their parents or bosses are not seventy year old white American and Canadian foreigners either. Save his bullshit for people that have never travelled.

IRISH KAM

I have been all over CR including where he lives. It is crawling with CR kids begging and their parents or bosses are not seventy year old white American and Canadian foreigners either. Save his bullshit for people that have never travelled.

TD / SEMEN lives in Costa Ebola not Costa Rica .

Just thought id let ya know feller .  :pop:
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"

Fell for what?

That is one of the oldest scams locals still use that target ignorant foreigners.

TD reminds me of a Korean guy I was drinking with in Singapore who told me that most prostitute customers in Korea were white foreigners because he some in the foreigner ghetto of Itaewon buying hos. :crazy:

So did you buy a condo here? Better yet, a time share?

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My be true in parts of S.J. Not in the Guanacaste. Most poor country folks. As I say mostly white N. Americans. Regarding scams and rip offs? Yep, part of life here. It can easily be avoided, by not giving those a chance at it, and being assertive.

How the fuck are you 'assertive' when you're 72 years old and 5 ft 4 ?   ac_lmfao

How's that scramble egg brain doing? Seriously dangerous shit. Is it over for now Lad?

Anonymous

I was thinking about it, but I would rather buy more land and expand my farm operations here. We might spend winters abroad(possibly CR), but I want to be here on my farm the rest of he year.

Twenty Dollars

I was thinking about it, but I would rather buy more land and expand my farm operations here. We might spend winters abroad(possibly CR), but I want to be here on my farm the rest of he year.

Might be a plan? I don't know how you handle the winters up there. Lots of people spend the winter here. Actually a pretty friendly group right in my neighborhood, that come and go.