The best topic

Replies: 10496
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:36:10 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Beautiful pictures Blazor.

Thank ya mam  ac_drinks

Wasnt much water this year, so I didnt take as many pics, but this one was from last year  ac_smile

http://www.ballsgohere.com/uploads/8eef64a944.jpg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

My campsite is literally to the right in that pic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"My campsite is literally to the right in that pic.

A tent and a sleeping bag?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yeah, like in the earlier pic I posted. The tent is a two man, which is pretty much one person and their stuff comfortably lol. My sleeping bag is rated for 30 degrees. I also use a thin foam military pad underneath for a lil extra comfort these days, but its thin lol.

I have other tents and zero degree sleeping bags, but the other is what I take when Im backpacking cause its lighter to carry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Yeah, like in the earlier pic I posted. The tent is a two man, which is pretty much one person and their stuff comfortably lol. My sleeping bag is rated for 30 degrees. I also use a thin foam military pad underneath for a lil extra comfort these days, but its thin lol.

I have other tents and zero degree sleeping bags, but the other is what I take when Im backpacking cause its lighter to carry.

I see Blazor..

Do you hike in carrying everything on your back or do you have an atv?

Blazor

I see Blazor..

Do you hike in carrying everything on your back or do you have an atv?

I carry it all on my back lol. Usually around 25-30lbs, not too bad, and my pistol on my hip. When I get to the end of the gravel road, I hike about a mile and a half up the mountain. Its a 7 mile loop off the Apple Orchard Falls trail that I also posted pics of in here. Most go up one side and come down the same, but I go up the rarer steeper side, so I dont see but a couple people when Im there coming down the trail. Surprises them when they see me lol.

Anonymous

I thought it would be heavier than that especially with food.

What wildlife do you see there?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought it would be heavier than that especially with food.

I dont take a lot of food, and most is dehydrated. Like my dinner I like is usually this Hawaiian chicken with rice, I just boil some water and add to it. I'll take tuna for tuna sammiches, and bacon jerky for breakfast. The pack is much lighter coming down too lol. I learned can food is heavier. Also putting liquor in a flask instead of keeping it in the bottle is lighter lol. I learned how to manage weight better after the first time I done it, first time was maybe 35lbs or more.

Up there I dont see a whole lot, just squirrels, maybe snakes, seen some tree mice, they were cute lol. Heard howling before, would guess coyotes. Deer are a lil lower but not up there. Did I ever tell you my bear story? Thought I did lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought it would be heavier than that especially with food.

I dont take a lot of food, and most is dehydrated. Like my dinner I like is usually this Hawaiian chicken with rice, I just boil some water and add to it. I'll take tuna for tuna sammiches, and bacon jerky for breakfast. The pack is much lighter coming down too lol. I learned can food is heavier. Also putting liquor in a flask instead of keeping it in the bottle is lighter lol. I learned how to manage weight better after the first time I done it, first time was maybe 35lbs or more.

Up there I dont see a whole lot, just squirrels, maybe snakes, seen some tree mice, they were cute lol. Heard howling before, would guess coyotes. Deer are a lil lower but not up there. Did I ever tell you my bear story? Thought I did lol.

No.

Blazor

No.

:ohmy:

Everybody loves this story and I love telling it lol.

Ok, I've always camped at campgrounds, and after watching some Survivorman episodes, I decided I wanted to do some backpacking. This was prolly close to 10 years ago. I figured my first trip I would do a trial run of 3 days, and do the Apple Orchard loop, camping at one spot, going around, and camping at another spot. First night went great, its the spot I always backpack to now that I posted pics of. Got a lil bored that night and made some funny ass Bear Grylls impersonation videos lol. The next day I made it around to the 2nd camp spot. Was fetching wood, picked up one log, and about the time I felt the sting, was the same moment my eyes seen all the bees that were under the log lol. I took off running. When I stopped they were on me, so luckily I had cow hide gloves on and I started grabbing them all off me. Well they swarmed my gloves, so I Judo chopped the gloves off and took off faster than Forest Gump lol. I got away and waited to go back and grab my wood pile, I wasnt leaving it lol. So I have a good night, next morning around 8 am, I hear something heavy running down the mountain. Im in a one man tent, which looks like a coffin pretty much. Im thinking "oh boy, a deer is gonna run through my camp site". It gets closer and I think its gonna run right by the tent. Next thing ya know, its run right up to my tent to the point that a leg hits my tent, and then it swipes at my tent twice. Thats when I realize its not a deer, and the swiping it literally like two feet from my face. All I can see is the shadow. I grab my pistol, and holler at it AAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Half scared and half trying to scare it lolol. It worked, it left, but I never heard it leave. Bear are super quiet when they walk. I waited one minute and counted to 3 then unzipped my tent real quick and peeped out, gone. After that, I got a bigger tent cause I musta looked like a snack to him lol, and I got a bigger pistol. Everyone thinks Im crazy for going up there in bear country, but I go every year, I love it  ac_smile

Anonymous

That was a tense experience Blazor.

Twenty Dollars

Very cool amigo. I like camping, or anywhere away from traffic and peeps.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"That was a tense experience Blazor.

Damn right it was  :laugh:

Was one of the top 3 scariest moments in my life.

Blazor

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

:thumbup:

Camping away from civilization is my FAVORITE thing to do. Sadly I only get to go once a year these days.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

:thumbup:

Camping away from civilization is my FAVORITE thing to do. Sadly I only get to go once a year these days.

I like the challenge of cooking too. Bacon n eggs in a frying pan over the camp fire, or a fresh Trout from the stream.  Used to take my dog Kona with me. She'd love it too.