The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

War of Northern agression.

:laugh:

We don't have old memorabilia like that..

Taiwan was part of the empire of Japan for fifty years..

They wanted to change the identity of Taiwanese.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"War of Northern agression.

:laugh:

We don't have old memorabilia like that..

Taiwan was part of the empire of Japan for fifty years..

They wanted to change the identity of Taiwanese.

Thats what us Southerners called it, because thats what it was. It was a war to force us back into the tyrannical union. They were making too much money off us through higher taxes. That war was not over slavery, but thats what they teach the kids. In fact the north owned more slaves than the south, did not have to free them for a while after the war, they bought them and sold them to the south, and the freed slaves from the south that went up north found that they had it better off in the south because the north treated them poorly, like outcasts.

I dont know a lot of y'all's history lol, but I learn through some movies.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

QuoteWar of Northern agression.

That's what Beijing refers to the WW2 with Japan.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I believe it!!!

Just from the kung fu movies I've seen that revolve around that era and are based on true stuff, I believe it. I root for the Chinese every time I watch those  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I believe it!!!

Just from the kung fu movies I've seen that revolve around that era and are based on true stuff, I believe it. I root for the Chinese every time I watch those  :laugh:

Not entirely true. China says they defeated imperial Japan.

Blazor

Japan did not win against China though right? Like, Japan took over major cities and won the first war, but the folks in the countryside rebelled against Japanese forces, and made them give up their conquest in second war. Right?

Anonymous

Japan did not win against China though right? Like, Japan took over major cities and won the first war, but the folks in the countryside rebelled against Japanese forces, and made them give up their conquest in second war. Right?

They conquered territory, set up the puppet regime Manchkuo,  but did not control the whole nation. Meanwhile, China was fighting a civil war too.

The USA defeated Japan.

Blazor

They conquered territory, set up the puppet regime Manchkuo,  but did not control the whole nation. Meanwhile, China was fighting a civil war too.

The USA defeated Japan.

This is all very interesting to me. Did the USA only get involved with Japan after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?  And what was the civil war over?

Anonymous

The USA defeated Japan.

This is all very interesting to me. Did the USA only get involved with Japan after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?  And what was the civil war over?

Yes, the attack on Pearl Harbor and the attack on American controlled Philippines ten hours after that.

The civil war in China did not officially start until Japan's surrender, but in reality it started twenty years earlier between Chiang Kai Shek's Nationalist regime and Soviet backed Mao's communists.

Mao won of course and Chiang Kai Shek along with well over a million loyal followers fled to Taiwan and established the Republic of China in exile.....Taiwan still uses that title today.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Yes, the attack on Pearl Harbor and the attack on American controlled Philippines ten hours after that.

The civil war in China did not officially start until Japan's surrender, but in reality it started twenty years earlier between Chiang Kai Shek's Nationalist regime and Soviet backed Mao's communists.

Mao won of course and Chiang Kai Shek along with well over a million loyal followers fled to Taiwan and established the Republic of China in exile.....Taiwan still uses that title today.

I had also heard that Pearl Harbor was instigated, because American elites wanted to get in on the war (profit).

Ah ok, so nationalists vs communists. I dont ever remember being taught Chinese history in history class, very little if any. Mostly a bunch of false propaganda stuff about over here. US civilians were tricked into nearly every war, but ya dont learn that til later on your own.

Anonymous

I had also heard that Pearl Harbor was instigated, because American elites wanted to get in on the war (profit).

Ah ok, so nationalists vs communists. I dont ever remember being taught Chinese history in history class, very little if any. Mostly a bunch of false propaganda stuff about over here. US civilians were tricked into nearly every war, but ya dont learn that til later on your own.

I've heard the oil embargo placed on Japan was the instigation..

The history taught even today in Taiwan is a lot of KMT era propaganda, though it has changed a little.

Blazor

I've heard the oil embargo placed on Japan was the instigation..

Yup, partly what I read about too.

Blazor

I swear sometimes I wonder if Im being watched on here lol. I get on an app/website called theChive, and sometimes shortly after I post something here, I see something similar there! Like I mentioned Army of Darkness earlier, now there is a thread on Army of Darkness there!  :signes-smileys-emoticons174:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I swear sometimes I wonder if Im being watched on here lol. I get on an app/website called theChive, and sometimes shortly after I post something here, I see something similar there! Like I mentioned Army of Darkness earlier, now there is a thread on Army of Darkness there!  :signes-smileys-emoticons174:

The Chive is a treasure trove for memes.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"
The Chive is a treasure trove for memes.

I love it  :thumbup:

I save a few each day and send to friends lol.

The babes aint bad either  ac_lovestruck