The best topic

Replies: 10496
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:36:10 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Had a margarita at the local Mexican joint, and I KNEW they were strong, but man, they were extra strong last night for Cinco de Mayo. I only had one, but had to sit in the parking lot and sober up before driving lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I am descended from a line of musicians.

I am the end of THAT road.

:sad:

I wanted to learn how to play the saxophone..

That was a long time ago.

Never too late to learn something  ac_smile

When my children are finished their education and on their own, I want to go to university and get an undergrad degree..

That is my goal..

I'll probably be over fifty when I enter university as a first year student.

ac_wot

Why wait though? It might inspire them to go to college too  ac_smile

Dont feel bad, Im in my 40s and about to try and get my GED lol. I've never needed it, but companies are cracking down on wanting to see some kind of diploma.

I won't have the money to be a full time student until my son finishes his education and is working and on his own.

Blazor

When my children are finished their education and on their own, I want to go to university and get an undergrad degree..

That is my goal..

ac_wot

Dont feel bad, Im in my 40s and about to try and get my GED lol. I've never needed it, but companies are cracking down on wanting to see some kind of diploma.

I won't have the money to be a full time student until my son finishes his education and is working and on his own.

I thought if you had a child, you could get more grant money or something?

Anonymous

That is my goal..

ac_wot

Maybe for unemployed single mothers with no assets.

Bricktop

You have no interest to play anything? What did they play?

My great grandmother played piano very well. My brother learned bass. Other than that, we mostly love to listen lol.

They played guitar.

My grandfather was a virtuoso who travelled to Hawaii and learned the Hawaiian guitar. He was renowned in the UK for bringing the instrument into the mainstream.

My father was less accomplished but still a respectable guitarist for his day...that was the era of "big bands", where the guitar was just another instrument rather than the front line it is today.

I've tried learning piano and my head just doesn't work that way. I cannot work left and right hand independently.

I can manage a tambourine, and that's about it.

Anonymous

That is my goal..

ac_wot

ac_dunno

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

That is my goal..

ac_wot

Maybe for unemployed single mothers with no assets.

You're prolly right.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

You have no interest to play anything? What did they play?

My great grandmother played piano very well. My brother learned bass. Other than that, we mostly love to listen lol.

They played guitar.

My grandfather was a virtuoso who travelled to Hawaii and learned the Hawaiian guitar. He was renowned in the UK for bringing the instrument into the mainstream.

My father was less accomplished but still a respectable guitarist for his day...that was the era of "big bands", where the guitar was just another instrument rather than the front line it is today.

I've tried learning piano and my head just doesn't work that way. I cannot work left and right hand independently.

I can manage a tambourine, and that's about it.

Thats pretty cool. Nothing wrong with a tambourine, but ya know what we need..... more cowbell....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ozscsz4jRX7xuQE/giphy.gif">

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGKfc0gwXshqA80/giphy.gif">

https://media.giphy.com/media/CMtBKBCUL2tvG/giphy.gif">

Gaon

That is my goal..

ac_wot

I hope you cross that off your bucket list some day.
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Fiddlin' night at the brewery  :35ivrxd:

Lil nervous, I might be doing that song I been practicing. I feel like it aint perfect, but hopefully the others will drown me out some lol. After some liquid courage I'll be fine Im sure lol.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Fiddlin' night at the brewery  :35ivrxd:

Lil nervous, I might be doing that song I been practicing. I feel like it aint perfect, but hopefully the others will drown me out some lol. After some liquid courage I'll be fine Im sure lol.

Just keep the rhythm. That covers a lot of mistakes. Always has for me. I play loud and sing loud and mistakes just kinda get drowned out...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

Just keep the rhythm. That covers a lot of mistakes. Always has for me. I play loud and sing loud and mistakes just kinda get drowned out...LOL

Thanks lol.

Something else dawned on me the other day. I had only been playing the A part and then the B part, and stopping. This week I started playing ABABAB, more like the song. Never sounds the same lol. Well, mostly the A part does, but a transition on the B part keeps getting me.

Anonymous

Thanks lol.

Something else dawned on me the other day. I had only been playing the A part and then the B part, and stopping. This week I started playing ABABAB, more like the song. Never sounds the same lol. Well, mostly the A part does, but a transition on the B part keeps getting me.

You are making progress.

Blazor

Thanks lol.

You are making progress.

That I am  :thumbup:

Oh man, I got to play that song tonight!!! You have know idea how stoked I am right now hahaha. They said I did real good. The guy on the fiddle I know, I hadnt seen since before I started playing, he said he was no where near the level I was at 3 months and was proud of me. I shocked a lot of folks. Oh man Im so happy right now  ac_dance

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!  :35ivrxd:

Who wants to dance  ac_dance  ac_dance  ac_dance

(I did that a lot lol)

Anonymous

Thanks lol.

You are making progress.

That I am  :thumbup:

Oh man, I got to play that song tonight!!! You have know idea how stoked I am right now hahaha. They said I did real good. The guy on the fiddle I know, I hadnt seen since before I started playing, he said he was no where near the level I was at 3 months and was proud of me. I shocked a lot of folks. Oh man Im so happy right now  ac_dance

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!  :35ivrxd:

Who wants to dance  ac_dance  ac_dance  ac_dance

(I did that a lot lol)

Very good Blazor, I'm very happy for you.