The best topic

Replies: 10502
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 02, 2024, 10:39:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Luther and the boys were great.

And another good chop as usual. ac_drinks

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
 ac_blush

Notice how the bottom 2 guys on the right are trying their best not to look up  :laugh:

I don't blame them....Excellent job.....LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
 ac_blush

Notice how the bottom 2 guys on the right are trying their best not to look up  :laugh:

Kiebs, how the fuck are ya stud?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blazor"That was the only one that had rusted/missing metal that contained the bushing that I know of. All the others the bushings are cracked pretty bad.

Damn, that is pretty bad...  Wonder if polyurethane bushings would be a worthwhile upgrade, if you plan on keeping Jeep for a while?

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li"
 ac_blush

Consuming tequila when you asked.....LOL  

Quite the entertaining evening.....

Came home and went straight to bed...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
 ac_blush

Consuming tequila when you asked.....LOL  

Quite the entertaining evening.....

Came home and went straight to bed...LOL

Any special occasion kiebers?

kiebers

Normal Wednesday date night Mexican food and Margaritas except brother-in-laws birthday is today so we took him out last night and had one of his cousins and husband join us for a birthday dinner.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Blazor"That was the only one that had rusted/missing metal that contained the bushing that I know of. All the others the bushings are cracked pretty bad.

Damn, that is pretty bad...  Wonder if polyurethane bushings would be a worthwhile upgrade, if you plan on keeping Jeep for a while?

Im hoping that the Jeep lasts a long time, I love that thing lol. I've had it for 11 years, its an '03, got 245,000 miles on it.

The way I hear it, most poly bushings will give me vibrations. I looked into it, and I been replacing all rubber with rubber. Motor mounts, trans mount, did those a few months ago. The trans mount the tranny shop put on back in the fall when they replaced my tranny was awful. It wasnt all rubber, and was hard, gave me awful vibes. As far as the control arms I bought all 8 arms with rubber bushings installed already. After this, I gotta track down another vibe the tranny shop caused, think its in one of the driveshafts. Feel it at high speeds and gets worse the faster I go. After that, its on to boss level, lift kit lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"Luther and the boys were great.

And another good chop as usual. ac_drinks

Thank ya sir  ac_drinks

Blazor

Thanks man, got the thong chop ya wanted lol  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Normal Wednesday date night Mexican food and Margaritas except brother-in-laws birthday is today so we took him out last night and had one of his cousins and husband join us for a birthday dinner.

Hell yeah, sounded fun lol  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Normal Wednesday date night Mexican food and Margaritas except brother-in-laws birthday is today so we took him out last night and had one of his cousins and husband join us for a birthday dinner.

That sounds like a wonderful evening kiebers.

ac_smile

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blazor"Im hoping that the Jeep lasts a long time, I love that thing lol. I've had it for 11 years, its an '03, got 245,000 miles on it.

The way I hear it, most poly bushings will give me vibrations. I looked into it, and I been replacing all rubber with rubber. Motor mounts, trans mount, did those a few months ago. The trans mount the tranny shop put on back in the fall when they replaced my tranny was awful. It wasnt all rubber, and was hard, gave me awful vibes. As far as the control arms I bought all 8 arms with rubber bushings installed already. After this, I gotta track down another vibe the tranny shop caused, think its in one of the driveshafts. Feel it at high speeds and gets worse the faster I go. After that, its on to boss level, lift kit lol.

That's high mileage...

Poly will transmit, but won't rot out.  My Kenworth still has greasable shackle pins, but that isn't seen on regular vehicles anymore.

And maybe they installed the drive shaft out of phase?  The shaft must be "in phase," where one U-joint cancels out the other....  Should be easy to check visually.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Blazor"Im hoping that the Jeep lasts a long time, I love that thing lol. I've had it for 11 years, its an '03, got 245,000 miles on it.

That's high mileage...

Poly will transmit, but won't rot out.  My Kenworth still has greasable shackle pins, but that isn't seen on regular vehicles anymore.

And maybe they installed the drive shaft out of phase?  The shaft must be "in phase," where one U-joint cancels out the other....  Should be easy to check visually.

Its mostly highway miles. I also heard with it being a Jeep, that the poly will cause other components to fail eventually, but you're right that they bushings themselves will last lol.

Out of phase, I've heard that before, but do you mean this...

The tube end of the drive shaft has an end yoke welded to it, that holds two of the four bearing caps in the joint assembly. The female part of the slip and stub assembly also has two ears that hold two caps of the joint assembly. These ears, the front and the rear, MUST be parallel, or in phase, otherwise, the joints will not be working together, but rather, against each other, and vibrations, along with damage to the joint, shaft, the differential or transfer case can result.

So it could be as simple as rotating one? Think I saw that mentioned in the FSM when I was looking.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Blazor":roll:

Shake it Bricktop!  :laugh:

http://www.ballsgohere.com/uploads/3c8c53ae05.jpg">

:roll:
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!