The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Artsy Fartsy Time

Started by Ms.Min, June 19, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I am naturally nice, gregarious and affable.

RW has just encouraged me to make those attributes more prominent.

RW

Yeah.  I encourage him to be himself.

Voila!  The nice guy I've told you all about emerges.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

Took you long enough :P
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, have you done paint nite in Calgary?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

I recently found out that there is one of those wine and paint art studios not far from me. I should probably check it out some time. I could get all fucked up on a $7 bottle of white zinfandel and paint naughty pictures. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I am naturally nice, gregarious and affable.

Now if she could just encourage you to get rid of the awful Chris Tucker sig.

Somebody is going have a seizure if they stare at it for too long.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I turned signatures off thanks to that :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I turned signatures off thanks to that :)

Good idea, that's much better.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"I am naturally nice, gregarious and affable.

Now if she could just encourage you to get rid of the awful Chris Tucker sig.

Somebody is going have a seizure if they stare at it for too long.  ac_toofunny

"All night long...all night...all night..."

Ruby Rod ROCKS!!!

@realAzhyaAryola

Hello, Renee. Anything that comes up that is an opportunity to take your mind from the matters that drag you down is welcome. It is like an unexpected small gift. That's how I look at it. I'm opening  myself to new adventures and experiences, meeting new people. I'm outgoing so I have met so many new friends in my new neighborhood and in the shuttle I take to work and back.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

the shark hunter

... having been actively taking photographs for a year or so now, i've come up with some rules that i follow. here they are:

1. always have your camera with you; opportunities to take shots happen at all times and usually not when planned.

2. frame your subject in the middle of the screen and make it as large as you can. don't get fancy, just make your subject as easy for the viewer of your photo to see as you can.

3. take MANY shots of your subject. having lots of photos to choose from can be a blessing. and it's often the UNEXPECTED PHOTO that is the best one for the project.

4. take shots of your subject with and without the flash. often your camera will decide that the automatic flash isn't required. thus, if your camera permits, use the forced flash on your subject. this way you can choose between both and often things look better with the added light.

5. don't be shy about taking pictures. with everyone now having a camera on their phone, taking pictures is very much the norm. even if you feel a little uncomfortable about taking a picture in a public location take the photo anyway.

6. if you have the software, don't be afraid to crank up the brightness, the saturation and the contrast in your photos. these settings can REALLY HELP make your pictures stand out. as well, shots that you might think are too dark to use can be made near-perfect by increasing the brightness.

... well, those are a few pointers i've been able to think of ...

... any other camera buffs on the board?  if so let's hear your tips too!  :thumbup:
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... having been actively taking photographs for a year or so now, i've come up with some rules that i follow. here they are:

1. always have your camera with you; opportunities to take shots happen at all times and usually not when planned.

2. frame your subject in the middle of the screen and make it as large as you can. don't get fancy, just make your subject as easy for the viewer of your photo to see as you can.

3. take MANY shots of your subject. having lots of photos to choose from can be a blessing. and it's often the UNEXPECTED PHOTO that is the best one for the project.

4. take shots of your subject with and without the flash. often your camera will decide that the automatic flash isn't required. thus, if your camera permits, use the forced flash on your subject. this way you can choose between both and often things look better with the added light.

5. don't be shy about taking pictures. with everyone now having a camera on their phone, taking pictures is very much the norm. even if you feel a little uncomfortable about taking a picture in a public location take the photo anyway.

6. if you have the software, don't be afraid to crank up the brightness, the saturation and the contrast in your photos. these settings can REALLY HELP make your pictures stand out. as well, shots that you might think are too dark to use can be made near-perfect by increasing the brightness.

... any other camera buffs on the board?  if so let's hear your tips too!  :thumbup:

Good tips dude!!

Renee

Here is another tip...... Get a real camera, keep your fucking phone in your pocket and at public venues and events, learn some manners and photographic etiquette.

Bricktop

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... having been actively taking photographs for a year or so now, i've come up with some rules that i follow. here they are:

No 2 isn't quite right.

Google "The rule of thirds"...it will transform your photography.