The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Name your hobbies

Started by Zetsu, March 23, 2017, 06:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor" When my wife passed away

:sad:

Aww, of all the things you pointed out! She woulda been 39 this month. Brain cancer got her 4 years ago. She also cheated on me right before she got it, so sometimes I wonder if it was karma. Was 19 years together.

Lets think happy thoughts instead lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor" When my wife passed away

Aww, of all the things you pointed out! She woulda been 39 this month. Brain cancer got her 4 years ago. She also cheated on me right before she got it, so sometimes I wonder if it was karma. Was 19 years together.

Lets think happy thoughts instead lol.

I wish I could Blazor..

But, I'm only human and it's too difficult to just forget what you wrote.

Blazor

I wish I could Blazor..

Fair enough. No need to forget it, just know she aint in pain anymore and that Im fine now. Didnt mean to make ya sad  :sad:  Just sharing. Im an open book for the most part.

kiebers

Fishing, boating, guitar, guns and reloading, archery, hunting, trains, slot cars, and motorcycles.
Quote from: "Blazor"Currently re-reading Silmarilion cause it was a lil hard read the first round.

And yes It was, I have all the books too. LOL  Has been quite a while...may reread them myself.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I wish I could Blazor..

Fair enough. No need to forget it, just know she aint in pain anymore and that Im fine now. Didnt mean to make ya sad  :sad:  Just sharing. Im an open book for the most part.

I can understand that Blazor..

I lost a family member recently to cancer.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Fishing, boating, guitar, guns and reloading, archery, hunting, trains, slot cars, and motorcycles.
Quote from: "Blazor"Currently re-reading Silmarilion cause it was a lil hard read the first round.

And yes It was, I have all the books too. LOL  Has been quite a while...may reread them myself.

Lol, do it! So far its much easier.

Just remembered another, been learning to play the harmonica. Ive learned I do better when I get away from others lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Fishing, boating, guitar, guns and reloading, archery, hunting, trains, slot cars, and motorcycles.

Lol, do it! So far its much easier.

Just remembered another, been learning to play the harmonica. Ive learned I do better when I get away from others lol.

I like the harmonica too. I would bring it with me on road trips, but the other guys in the bunk house would complain when I played. They could hear me playing it through the thin walls.

Blurt

Quote from: "Blazor"Im a very big Lord of the Rings geek... I recently read all the Lord of the Rings books, including the Hobbit, The Silmarilion, and Unfinished Tales.

Steven King is another favorite I like to read. The Dark Tower series was awesome. The Stand, and It were also really good.

I'm not quite a geek, Blaze, but I'm an avid reader. Based on what you seem to enjoy, here are a few recommendations (let me adjust my librarian's glasses here for a moment)...

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn[/url] trilogy

- The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland">Otherland tetralogy

The Wheel of Time[/url] series (14 volumes in total)

Prince of Nothing[/url] trilogy

And, finally, if you liked King's The Stand and It, you might enjoy Robert R. McCammon's http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11557.Swan_Song">Swan Song and http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11556.Stinger?from_search=true">Stinger. In fact, most of McCammon's books stand the test of time; they bear up well and are worth a re-read or three. The Alabama native has talent.

Any of the series I listed would be well worth your time, Blaze, but if you nerd out on High Fantasy, you absolutely must check out Jordan's The Wheel of Time opus.

I'm really more of a science fiction and horror fan, so I'm very picky about my sword 'n' sorcery stuff (the LOTR, which I read every five years or so, remains the yardstick by which I judge High Fantasy).

Read away!
Aimin\' to misbehave.

GORDY GAMBINO

How mutt for your virgin arse ?
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Blazor

Quote from: "Blurt"
(let me adjust my librarian's glasses here for a moment)...

:laugh:

Thanks Blurt, I'll have to write these down. I like the Horror too, hence the Stephen King.

ac_drinks

Thiel

I work over eighty hours every week, so I don't have the time I would like for hobbies. But, when I do find time I like to cook meals with many courses, collect rare wines and my guilty indulgence is Tom Clancy novels. ac_blush
gay, conservative and proud

Renee

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Blazor"Im a very big Lord of the Rings geek... I recently read all the Lord of the Rings books, including the Hobbit, The Silmarilion, and Unfinished Tales.

Steven King is another favorite I like to read. The Dark Tower series was awesome. The Stand, and It were also really good.

I'm not quite a geek, Blaze, but I'm an avid reader. Based on what you seem to enjoy, here are a few recommendations (let me adjust my librarian's glasses here for a moment)...

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn[/url] trilogy

- The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherland">Otherland tetralogy

The Wheel of Time[/url] series (14 volumes in total)

Prince of Nothing[/url] trilogy

And, finally, if you liked King's The Stand and It, you might enjoy Robert R. McCammon's http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11557.Swan_Song">Swan Song and http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11556.Stinger?from_search=true">Stinger. In fact, most of McCammon's books stand the test of time; they bear up well and are worth a re-read or three. The Alabama native has talent.

Any of the series I listed would be well worth your time, Blaze, but if you nerd out on High Fantasy, you absolutely must check out Jordan's The Wheel of Time opus.

I'm really more of a science fiction and horror fan, so I'm very picky about my sword 'n' sorcery stuff (the LOTR, which I read every five years or so, remains the yardstick by which I judge High Fantasy).

Read away!

I have to second the recommendation of William's "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn". Excellent trilogy up until the very end where it leaves you kinda flat.

I've also read Tad William's "Tail Chasers Song". It's a cat's version of Watership Down. It's not bad as a stand alone novel.

Another one I can recommend is Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Thomas Covenant Chronicles". It's different and it's stands out from the hundreds of cheesy Tolkien rip offs that have been written in the past 50 years.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

Quote from: "Renee"Another one I can recommend is Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Thomas Covenant Chronicles". It's different and it's stands out from the hundreds of cheesy Tolkien rip offs that have been written in the past 50 years.

Absolutely. Good catch, that one.

I enjoy fiction set in split timelines, like the Covenant Chronicles and Williams' Otherland series (a near-perfect blend of science fiction and fantasy).

I haven't read Tailchaser's Song yet, but it's on my Glo, along with Watership Down (which, to my shame, I also have not yet read).
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Blazor

Thanks Renee :)

So I went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, read some Tolkien about 3000 feet up with mountain views in front of me for a few hours lol. Was nice. Very nice day today in the 70s.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"I play a lot of badminton too.

I haven't done it in a while but I was bad with that shuttlecock. My opponents have been hit in the face. Hehe. I was my Dad's partner in badminton. Some days I just joined him at the court and we played against others separately. Good times.

I was looking for a badminton club here a few years ago. Now that I am in a different location, I will check again.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]