The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

We are being flooded with far too many immigrants/refugees while 40% of Canadian jobs will disappear

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2017, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Aryan

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I live in a successful multicultural city, I work in a multicultural setting, my church is multicultural and my marriage and children are multicultural..

It's so natural to me I don't give it a second thought..

Do politicians exploit it for selfish purposes?

Probably, but I don't expect much from our elected representatives anyway.

Some multiculturalism is fine Fash, its when immigrants start displacing the natives and taking over it becomes a problem (*COUGH Islam COUGH*).

Another thing to note is that not all groups of people can live side by side one another peacefully.

Of course the elites promoting globalism know this, and they either don't care or WANT conflict to happen.  I suspect the latter, because war is very, very profitable for them.

Most of this is true. Politicians use immigration for selfish political gain and don't care that while jobs are disappearing they're putting more downward pressure on wages and benefits.

Have you heard of the Kalergi Plan?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Have you heard of the Kalergi Plan?

Not that particular plan itself. But, every political party in Canada uses immigration and multiculturalism for selfish political reasons even when it's an expensive problem for the country. It's not just Canada either, immigration and refugee resettlement has become a religion throughout the West.

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"Call me a dreamer, but I still believe bringing talented people into Canada is a net benefit for Canadians.

I dun think the problem is the lack of skilled labour here,  ac_umm  but Canada's job market has always been rather small at least since the day my brother graduated, while most of my friend that were all fresh of grads weren't able to find a job and had to move to the US, right now all we're left is local low pay jobs that doesn't require much education or skills.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Call me a dreamer, but I still believe bringing talented people into Canada is a net benefit for Canadians.

I dun think the problem is the lack of skilled labour here,  ac_umm  but Canada's job market has always been rather small at least since the day my brother graduated, while most of my friend that were all fresh of grads weren't able to find a job and had to move to the US, right now all we're left is local low pay jobs that doesn't require much education or skills.  ac_unsure

Your brother had to move to the USA to get a job Zetsu?

What was his major?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

What was his major?

He graduated from U of T in mechanical engineering, but only found a job in the hard drive filter manufacturer for $9 an hour, until he had to go back to help out my dad's business since after he got married.  But most of his friends, my best friend and other people I know end up moving to the states and got hired starting at $80,000 USD annually.

Anonymous

What was his major?

He graduated from U of T in mechanical engineering, but only found a job in the hard drive filter manufacturer for $9 an hour, until he had to go back to help out my dad's business since after he got married.  But most of his friends, my best friend and other people I know end up moving to the states and got hired starting at $80,000 USD annually.

Your brother is a mechanical engineer and worked in a factory for minimum wage.

ac_wot

I just took a look at one employment website and found lots of job listings for mechanical engineers.

Zetsu

What was his major?

Your brother is a mechanical engineer and worked in a factory for minimum wage.

ac_wot

I just took a look at one employment website and found lots of job listings for mechanical engineers.

The problem with these jobs is there's too many people competing over them, at least that was my brothers case 20 years ago.  The place my eldest brother works at, the pay was wasn't really that good while skills and education background where still required in the lab environment they work at, but one thing he really like was all his colleges were really nice and friendly that made him want to stay.  Even I have to agree it's weird and strange hearing from my brother saying he would rather work in Toronto instead of being employed by my dad and get to work as a marketing manager.

Anonymous

The problem with these jobs is there's too many people competing over them, at least that was my brothers case 20 years ago.  The place my eldest brother works at, the pay was wasn't really that good while skills and education background where still required in the lab environment they work at, but one thing he really like was all his colleges were really nice and friendly that made him want to stay.  Even I have to agree it's weird and strange hearing from my brother saying he would rather work in Toronto instead of being employed by my dad and get to work as a marketing manager.

Your brother is not employed in the family business Zetsu?

Anonymous

What was his major?

I studied mechanical engineering at U of M for a year. Everyone that completed the program is enjoying all the perks of fantastic careers.

Anonymous

We have had in drilled into us from politicians plus all business,  big and small that annual massive intake of people is good for everyone. Um no, it isn't.

Anonymous

The elites areso out of touch with Canadians on aspects of immigration. These economic migrants walking across our border is a clear example of that.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/29/canadians-fed-up-with-being-asylum-seekers-patsies">http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/29/ca ... rs-patsies">http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/29/canadians-fed-up-with-being-asylum-seekers-patsies

As a reluctant spring eventually kicks out the last vestiges of winter, the number of asylum seekers entering Canada illegally from the United States will ramp up considerably.

Only a fool—or the Trudeau Liberals who thus far appear to lack any plan—would think otherwise.

Gone will be the emotive images of queue-jumping refugee claimants with legal status in the U.S.—Turks, Somalis, Syrians, Yemenis—trudging through the snow as they hand their bundled-up child into the waiting arms of the RCMP.

Soon it will be a summer walk in the park.

Canadians, however, are growing tired of being used by a loophole in the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement where refugee claimants would be turned back if they crossed at legal border checkpoints, but somehow accepted if they cross into Canada illegally through a back door.

They are tired of being the patsies.

A new Ipsos poll Wednesday commissioned by Global News shows over 90% of Canadians believe the Liberals' approach to dealing with asylum seekers is in dire need of changes.

As Ipsos CEO Darrell Bricker put it, "For Canadians it's not either a discussion about compassion or a discussion about security, it's a discussion about rules.

"Regardless of your views on immigration in general, there's an overall perspective among Canadians that rules must make sense, and they must be followed."

That view was unequivocal, with only eight percent of Canadians content with the status quo.

According to the RCMP, upwards of 1,200 asylum seekers crossed the Canadian border illegally in January and February, a number that will only spike as summer beckons.

In fact, as Toronto immigration lawyer Guidy Mamann recently told Macleans, Canadians can expect a more clandestine infiltration as the weather betters.

"We are going to see a steep increase in numbers," he said. "What you are seeing now is only those people who want to be seen.

"There are other people who are going further down the fence who do not want to be detected, and they're coming across with the intention of avoiding the system."

Yet, one of the last times Canadians heard from Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale, he was playing the hyperbole game rather than addressing legitimate concerns regarding these illegal entries into our country, insinuating that only the opposition Conservatives were making a big deal of the situation.

"I guess what the Conservatives are saying is maybe we should line up the RCMP at the border, link arms and shoo people away," Goodale recently told CTV's Question Period.

"Or maybe use fire hoses, or whatever, to keep people from crossing at the border."

It was a ludicrous statement, of course, but not unexpected from a party increasingly out of touch with the average Canadian, as the results of this Ipsos poll clearly underlines.

While fire hoses never came up in the poll, Canadians are nonetheless seeking the regulatory equivalent from the Liberals who thus far see asylum seekers as nothing more than a minor nuisance.

"(When) we're not talking about a couple of people coming across, but busloads coming across, that's when it becomes problematic," said Ipsos' CEO Darren Bricker.

"Because that's when it will look like the rules are unclear, to the extent that they exist and are being violated, and that the government is out of control."

Right now, it is not front-page news, but it will be.

In fact, Bricker sees the influx on illegal asylum seekers evolving into "the number one issue facing the country."

Maybe then Ralph Goodale will break out the fire hoses.

If only to wash away his party's smug indifference.

Anonymous

As for the refugee claimants in the US walking across the border, apparently there's an exemption to Canada's safe-third-country rule which requires refugees to stay in the first safe country they land in — unless they arrive in Canada via an illegal crossing.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

What was his major?

I studied mechanical engineering at U of M for a year. Everyone that completed the program is enjoying all the perks of fantastic careers.

I guess it's mostly different from cities to cities, plus I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA is already saturated with U grads all over the place competing for jobs, along with our city population keeps rising while it's rare for immigrants to invest in a new business here.  ac_umm

Anonymous

I guess it's mostly different from cities to cities, plus I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA is already saturated with U grads all over the place competing for jobs, along with our city population keeps rising while it's rare for immigrants to invest in a new business here.  ac_umm

Or maybe your brother simply did not see a job opening at the time that was a fit for him.

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Or maybe your brother simply did not see a job opening at the time that was a fit for him.

Yea and that too, though I found it really weird how he likes to keep his minimum wage job at the hard drive manufacturer he works at.  ac_umm