Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Girl can't attend High School Graduation because she is pregnant

Started by JOE, May 24, 2017, 11:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"The same thing would happen at my children's school..

Sexual relations is grounds for expulsion..

She broke the rules, so there has to be consequences.

And if she was raped?

There actually could possibly be a case for discrimination based on family status if a person in your children's school was expelled for pregnancy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

And if she was raped?

There actually could possibly be a case for discrimination based on family status if a person in your children's school was expelled for pregnancy.

The article never said that girl in Maryland was raped.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I wasn't referencing the woman in the article.

I gathered that, but the thread was not about rape. It was about a kid who broke the rules at a private Christian school.

Having posted with Fash for nearly five years, I have no doubt in my mind she would do  anything she could to comfort any child in that situation. Punishment for the victim would not happen.

RW

I thought we were discussing school rules, not whether Fash is a kind woman, which I already know her to be.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I thought we were discussing school rules, not whether Fash is a kind woman, which I already know her to be.

We are and I said it was about a kid who broke the rules at a private Christian school. The latter was about your question about rape.

Anonymous

And if she was raped?

We have a teacher in the primary school who was raped as a teenager by a drunken friend of her father and became pregnant..

She had an abortion, and spent several years hooked on drugs and estranged from her alcoholic family..

She became saved and went back to school and became a teacher..

She's a respected teacher by students, staff and parents..

So, to answer your question, any female student in my children's school would receive love and support if they had lived through an ordeal like that..

There would be no talk of punishment only compassion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

And if she was raped?

We have a teacher in the primary school who was raped as a teenager by a drunken friend of her father and became pregnant..

She had an abortion, and spent several years hooked on drugs and estranged from her alcoholic family..

So, to answer your question, any female student in my children's school would receive love and support if they had lived through an ordeal like that..

islam demands women be killed for the crime of being raped. :crazy:

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

And if she was raped?

islam demands women be killed for the crime of being raped. :crazy:

Really?  Where?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Rape doesn't exist in the Quran. The whole concept of sex without consent isn't even acknowledged as an entity.

There isn't even a word for "rape". The word used for a sex crime is zinaa, defined as "unlawful sexual intercourse" - which includes only two things: (i) fornication (pre-marital sex); and (ii) adultery (extra-marital sex).

Consent is not a factor. This makes sense in a book written from the point of view of men. The concept of consent is one that was much more important to women, for obvious reasons - and sex crimes violating consent, like rape, are simply not acknowledged.

The phrase zinaa bil jabr, which is used by some Islamic scholars (mainly South Asian ones) to refer to rape, does not appear in the Quran.

So in the Quran, sex is classified into only two categories: (i) lawful sex (with wives and slave-girls); and (ii) unlawful sex (fornication or adultery).

That is the only distinction, and those are the only classifications.

The word zinaa word causes a lot of confusion. The Quran requires four male witnesses (verses 4:15 and 24:4) to prove that zinaa occurred. This means that fornication and adultery are hard to prove, which would actually protect the perpetrators from punishment. But modern Islamic societies take the word zinaa and apply it to rape, placing the responsibility of providing four male witnesses on the rape victim. If she is unable to provide four witnesses, she is subject to either a hundred lashes (punishment for zinaa in the Quran) or death by stoning (punishment for zinaa in the hadith).

Anonymous

A girl broke a school rule and was punished for it. Oh heavens no. :001_rolleyes:

RW

What's your source on that IHJ?  I noticed you left it out.

Here's what I found in multiple places:

Rape, known in Islam as zina bi al-ikrah, is generally defined by Muslim jurists as forced intercourse by a man with a woman who is not his wife and without her consent. It is a crime punishable against the rapist with a hadd penalty - stoning (if he is a married person) or lashings (if he is unmarried) - just as he would receive for ordinary zina (unlawful intercourse). There is no punishment for the rape victim. Jurists disagree on whether the rapist must also pay a dowry as compensation to the victim. A controversial position of some modern jurists is that the hadd penalty for outlaws should apply to rapists (hadd Hirabah), described in Qur'an 5:33. Others say that rape can be treated by the judge as an offence that receives Tazir (discretionary) punishment (as in Pakistan, for example). These approaches avoid the impractical four witnesses requirement for applying a zina hadd penalty when there is no confession.

">http://irep.iium.edu.my/16877/1/PUNISHM ... IC_LAW.pdf">
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

But if she had an abortion or didn't become pregnant, she wouldn't be punished.

She's being punished while other students can have all the sex and abortions they wan't and get away with it. Kinda sending the wrong message, isn't it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

But if she had an abortion or didn't become pregnant, she wouldn't be punished.

She's being punished while other students can have all the sex and abortions they wan't and get away with it. Kinda sending the wrong message, isn't it?

The school says this "emphasizes abstinence and tells students to "maintain their purity until their wedding night."

"We teach our students about the beauty of marriage and that sex inside of marriage is one of the things that is beautiful about marriage,"

and

"The breach of a standard of abstinence is a grievous choice," he said in an interview. "Maddi made a grievous choice. We do believe in forgiveness, but forgiveness does not mean there's no accountability."

If the school is not enforcing discipline for all students that is a problem, I agree..

But, those are the rules and they are similar to what my children's school has.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Rape doesn't exist in the Quran. The whole concept of sex without consent isn't even acknowledged as an entity.

There isn't even a word for "rape". The word used for a sex crime is zinaa, defined as "unlawful sexual intercourse" - which includes only two things: (i) fornication (pre-marital sex); and (ii) adultery (extra-marital sex).

Consent is not a factor. This makes sense in a book written from the point of view of men. The concept of consent is one that was much more important to women, for obvious reasons - and sex crimes violating consent, like rape, are simply not acknowledged.

The phrase zinaa bil jabr, which is used by some Islamic scholars (mainly South Asian ones) to refer to rape, does not appear in the Quran.

So in the Quran, sex is classified into only two categories: (i) lawful sex (with wives and slave-girls); and (ii) unlawful sex (fornication or adultery).

That is the only distinction, and those are the only classifications.

The word zinaa word causes a lot of confusion. The Quran requires four male witnesses (verses 4:15 and 24:4) to prove that zinaa occurred. This means that fornication and adultery are hard to prove, which would actually protect the perpetrators from punishment. But modern Islamic societies take the word zinaa and apply it to rape, placing the responsibility of providing four male witnesses on the rape victim. If she is unable to provide four witnesses, she is subject to either a hundred lashes (punishment for zinaa in the Quran) or death by stoning (punishment for zinaa in the hadith).

That would have to be allegorical if it is in Islamic texts iron horse jockey.