The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

He's Deaf, Dumb and Blind...

Started by Angry White Male, May 27, 2017, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blurt

They're very noisy.

Daytime is best for families.

The drunks come out at night.

Can't tell you how many injuries we had at the punching bag game.

There's a good reason the machine is plastered with warning labels advising players not to hit the bag with any other part of their bodies but their fists.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEbPJ8r2Gg
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"They're very noisy.

There's a good reason the machine is plastered with warning labels advising players not to hit the bag with any other part of their bodies but their fists.

They serve alcohol in a place adolescents congregate at?

ac_wot

Blurt

No, not where I worked.

Don't know about elsewhere but, in Montreal:

1) Video game arcades cannot obtain liquor licenses, and

2) You must be 18 years of age to gain admission to a video game arcade.

In principle, anyway. In reality, families often dropped by during the daytime with very young children; they were never turned away, in my experience. And the cops never enforced that rule when it was obvious the kids were part of a family outing. But, at night, the cops would come in and check for the presence of teenagers.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"No, not where I worked.

In principle, anyway. In reality, families often dropped by during the daytime with very young children; they were never turned away, in my experience. And the cops never enforced that rule when it was obvious the kids were part of a family outing. But, at night, the cops would come in and check for the presence of teenagers.

I thought Renee said that minors hung out at arcades?

Maybe New Jersey is different.

Blurt

Like I said, I don't know about elsewhere, but I suspect municipal by-laws may have been strengthened across the board to prevent kids from hanging out in places where patrons may have consumed drugs and alcohol or where less-than-honest customers could ply their trade (I once snitched on a cell-phone theft ring operating out of one arcade and boy did I ever get in deep trouble).
Aimin\' to misbehave.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Blurt"They're very noisy.

power man
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Like I said, I don't know about elsewhere, but I suspect municipal by-laws may have been strengthened across the board to prevent kids from hanging out in places where patrons may have consumed drugs and alcohol or where less-than-honest customers could ply their trade (I once snitched on a cell-phone theft ring operating out of one arcade and boy did I ever get in deep trouble).

They threatened you Blurt?

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Different? That's an understatement.

When I was growing up, arcades were full of teens. Hell once I turned 18 I wouldn't be caught dead in an arcade full of "kiddies" unless it had a pool table that wasn't warped. There were usuaĺly signs that said minors had to be accompanied by an adult but I never saw anyone enforce it. If they did they would have lost half their revenue..... :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Different? That's an understatement.

When I was growing up, arcades were full of teens. Hell once I turned 18 I wouldn't be caught dead in an arcade full of "kiddies" unless it had a pool table that wasn't warped. There were usuaĺly signs that said minors had to be accompanied by an adult but I never saw anyone enforce it. If they did they would have lost half their revenue..... :laugh:

They are filled with games, so naturally they would attract teens.

Blurt

Yes, true.

But Montreal is weird. (Remember, this is the city that was the focus of the infamous "Maple Spring" of 2012,)

There are by-laws in Montreal forbidding citizens from assembling in large groups and from having their faces covered. The cops can stop you if you are wearing, say, a ski mask. (This might be hard to enforce in winter.)

Maybe these by-laws have been repealed by now, I don't know. I haven't lived in Montreal since 2014. But they seemed extreme.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Yes, true.

But Montreal is weird. (Remember, this is the city that was the focus of the infamous "Maple Spring" of 2012,)

There are by-laws in Montreal forbidding citizens from assembling in large groups and from having their faces covered. The cops can stop you if you are wearing, say, a ski mask. (This might be hard to enforce in winter.)

Maybe these by-laws have been repealed by now, I don't know. I haven't lived in Montreal since 2014. But they seemed extreme.

I remember Herman posting that a lot of bars in Saskatchewan don't allow patrons to wear hoodies.

Blurt

Yeah, but that's inside a business. (Same thing here, by the way.) But Imagine a law that prevents you from covering your face outside!!! It's an unenforceable nightmare.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Yeah, but that's inside a business. (Same thing here, by the way.) But Imagine a law that prevents you from covering your face outside!!! It's an unenforceable nightmare.

Horseshit!!

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

The arcades here (when they still existed) allowed anyone of any age.

One small arcade used to sell single smokes to kids for 10 cents a piece.  This is going back a long way now...  Then again, it is still legal for kids to smoke here, they just cannot purchase tobacco products themselves.

Never did see booze sold in arcades here, as I'm sure with the liquor laws at the time (quite strict), that would have been impossible to get licenced.