Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

US successfully intercepts ICBM in historic test

Started by cc, May 30, 2017, 05:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Gunpowder was invented by Chinese Taoist alchemists about 1000 A.D

http://www.chinawhisper.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/china-ancient-gunpowder.jpg">

Meanwhile in Europe at the time.

http://slideplayer.com/8668955/26/images/4/Dark+Ages+The+Early+Middle+Ages%3A+500-+1000AD.jpg">

Both of you are silly.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Both of you are silly.

I know!

Shen's always silly.  I'm just trying to match her silliness...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Both of you are silly.

I know!

Shen's always silly.  I'm just trying to match her silliness...

This may sound like what an eight year old would say, but you started it and with this, Bow down to the superior Germanic Peoples for inventing the modern missile!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"This may sound like what an eight year old would say, but you started it and with this, Bow down to the superior Germanic Peoples for inventing the modern missile!

Oh really!

I threw a bone, and Shen took it.

I know how much she likes white people, and figured a thread such as that might get a few posters posting!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"This may sound like what an eight year old would say, but you started it and with this, Bow down to the superior Germanic Peoples for inventing the modern missile!

Oh really!

I threw a bone, and Shen took it.

I know how much she likes white people, and figured a thread such as that might get a few posters posting!

Or maybe she responded knowing how much you love minorities.

:icon_wink:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"
Likely about as "successful" as an F-35 test. Billions of dollars later...

Dude.

Check your reference.

Seriously?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Romero"
Likely about as "successful" as an F-35 test. Billions of dollars later...

Dude.

Check your reference.

Seriously?

The US did successfully intercept an ICBM. It doesn't happen all the time though.

cc

Exactly!! This was the 1st try @ an ICBM btw. A great start.

There will be misses along the way. These are not failures, they are tests / learning experiences. Testing all equipment and evaluating / learning from mistakes is how one improves and ultimately perfects any rocket system

Today putting people and goods into space and into the space station is now routine - This evolved from MANY early failures being evaluated,  bugs identified and the system  being improved to the point of "routine"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Exactly!! This was the 1st try @ an ICBM btw. A great start.

There will be misses along the way. These are not failures, they are tests / learning experiences. Testing all equipment and evaluating / learning from mistakes is how one improves and ultimately perfects any rocket system

Today putting people and goods into space and into the space station is now routine - This evolved from MANY early failures being evaluated,  bugs identified and the system  being improved to the point of "routine"

The USA still wants a manned mission to Mars.

cc

I believe that is true

The always negative crap gleaned to demean from certain anti-US / anti Western sites is hilarious.

For them for example, if T walked on water the next headline would be "What a loser. Obviously he can't even swim"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I believe that is true

The always negative crap gleaned to demean from certain anti-US / anti Western sites is hilarious.

For them for example, if T walked on water the next headline would be "What a loser. Obviously he can't even swim"

lol  :laugh:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Won't happen unless they form a coalition with other advanced aeronautical nations to support the journey.

They technical barriers are massive.

The trip takes 9 months, one way. The crew have to be fed and watered, as well as have access to medical services. Likewise, when they arrive, they must land safely, and sustain themselves for the time they are on the planet. Food, water, medicine, heating and cooling, transport, power and ancillary research equipment must be transported with them.

Then they have to get home...

It will require a combination of launches and landings to deliver the necessary support material before the crew arrives. The logisitical challenges alone are beyond our current technology.

We haven't even put a crew on the moon for more than three days.

Anonymous

Won't happen unless they form a coalition with other advanced aeronautical nations to support the journey.

The trip takes 9 months, one way. The crew have to be fed and watered, as well as have access to medical services. Likewise, when they arrive, they must land safely, and sustain themselves for the time they are on the planet. Food, water, medicine, heating and cooling, transport, power and ancillary research equipment must be transported with them.

It will require a combination of launches and landings to deliver the necessary support material before the crew arrives. The logisitical challenges alone are beyond our current technology.

:ohmy:

Anonymous

I have to read more about this.