The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I didn't think Canada was third world?

Started by Angry White Male, June 19, 2017, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Read the posts, Fash.

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's a fucking joke, for what we pay!

Other nations are far ahead of us in infrastructure.

Yes it is Mel.  Way too much money.  Wifi is a rip off aswell.  You can always switch providers.  Telus sux and stay away from Rogers, they really blow the big one.

I always said our infrastructure sux.  They are too busy repaving the same roads over and over again...the main street I live on has been ripped up and repaved 2 years in a row...its a beautiful street, now they are going to rip it up again and repave it this year...what a waste of time and money.  Its like they cant figure it out.  Vancouver is too busy putting in useless bike lanes no one ever uses except for maybe summer and other cities wasting money on pointless shit...meanwhile surrey is dying for a sky train extension...at this rate aint nobody commuting anywhere soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Yes it is Mel.  Way too much money.  Wifi is a rip off aswell.  You can always switch providers.  Telus sux and stay away from Rogers, they really blow the big one.

I always said our infrastructure sux.  They are too busy repaving the same roads over and over again...the main street I live on has been ripped up and repaved 2 years in a row...its a beautiful street, now they are going to rip it up again and repave it this year...what a waste of time and money.  Its like they cant figure it out.  Vancouver is too busy putting in useless bike lanes no one ever uses except for maybe summer and other cities wasting money on pointless shit...meanwhile surrey is dying for a sky train extension...at this rate aint nobody commuting anywhere soon.

Canada spends a lot on infrastructure..

How dollars are allocated often leaves a lot to be desired.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"No problem, Justin will bring them all to Langley, BC. :001_tongue:

No!

I was planning on living here for a few more years before I sell!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You can always switch providers.

No I can't.

Telus runs the closest towers around me.  Any other service provider would also run through the same Telus tower, providing me with the same shitty reception...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"No problem, Justin will bring them all to Langley, BC. :001_tongue:

No!

I was planning on living here for a few more years before I sell!

Where do you want to move to?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Where do you want to move to?

Nowhere right at the moment! (unless Negro refugees flood the area, which then means I'll be forced to move, but I can't see that happening here anytime soon, thank gawd!)...

If I ever make it to retirement, perhaps some small town on the Island, or maybe somewhere by the sea in Nova Scotia...  At the rate my condo is increasing in value, it's already worth what a nice Nova Scotia house on a few acres sells for...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Canada spends a lot on infrastructure..

How dollars are allocated often leaves a lot to be desired.

They sure do.  But nothing ever seems to get ahead...hey!  Lets bring in more immirgants and congest the place!  Great idea! Thats great but waiting also helps esp when the communite sux and theres nowhere to live.

Anonymous

I see a lot of infrastructure money being allocated for purely political purposes that do not move goods and people around faster..

Building curling rinks in small communities for example..

It helps get the local MP re elected, but that's about it.

Angry White Male

And how many libraries do we still need?

How many people even go to libraries anymore?

Blurt

Whatever that number is, Mel, we can all rest assured that you're not part of it. That much is obvious.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Blurt"Whatever that number is, Mel, we can all rest assured that you're not part of it. That much is obvious.

I'm fucking serious!

The last time I went to the library, was years ago!  That's when internet started becoming a "thing," but we didn't have it at home...

So, I went to the library to use it!

Even then, there was nobody in there reading books...

Now, everyone has internet.

Again, are libraries needed in this day and age, outside of schools?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And how many libraries do we still need?

How many people even go to libraries anymore?

Hey!  I go to the library.  When im researching something or just to study.  If I fin a book I really like, I'll go to chapters and buy it.

Angry White Male

Obviously you have a fucking computer and net link, Berry...  What exactly can you find at the library that you cannot find online?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Obviously you have a fucking computer and net link, Berry...  What exactly can you find at the library that you cannot find online?

Good old page turning books...you can bring them and read them anywhere, even in places where wifi is unavailable, such as your place.  You dont have worry weather its charged or not, its alway a finisher.

I perfer mystery and suspense and biographies are great too!!