The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

What brave acts to acknowledge amongst unbridled chaos

Started by shin, July 05, 2017, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

shin

How do you choose to measure and compare acts of bravery?

What elements do you think are necessary to establish the presence of courage, as opposed to abject madness?

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"How do you choose to measure and compare acts of bravery?

What elements do you think are necessary to establish the presence of courage, as opposed to abject madness?

Courage is doing something that could have consequences.

Anonymous

To me, courage is the willingness to say and do the right thing regardless of the cost.

Blazor

Pretty much what Iron Horse said. Bravery comes in lots of forms, whether its asking someone out on a date, tackling a project you have no experience with, standing up for someone, or even for some going to work in the morning lol. Bravery does not have to be saving someone from a fire, or from drowning, though those are measured highly by society. Its still not the end of all of bravery, even small acts count, even if its not acknowledged.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Pretty much what Iron Horse said. Bravery comes in lots of forms, whether its asking someone out on a date, tackling a project you have no experience with, standing up for someone, or even for some going to work in the morning lol. Bravery does not have to be saving someone from a fire, or from drowning, though those are measured highly by society. Its still not the end of all of bravery, even small acts count, even if its not acknowledged.

I would agree with that. We tend to think of bravery as someone running into a burning building to rescue a child or senior. Taking an unpopular position  because you believe it to be just.

What politicians often consider bravery, is the exact opposite. For strategic political gain, our useless pm handed out $10.5 million to a murdering guerrilla fighter.  That's the opposite of courage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Blazor"Pretty much what Iron Horse said. Bravery comes in lots of forms, whether its asking someone out on a date, tackling a project you have no experience with, standing up for someone, or even for some going to work in the morning lol. Bravery does not have to be saving someone from a fire, or from drowning, though those are measured highly by society. Its still not the end of all of bravery, even small acts count, even if its not acknowledged.

I would agree with that. We tend to think of bravery as someone running into a burning building to rescue a child or senior. Taking an unpopular position  because you believe it to be just.

What politicians often consider bravery, is the exact opposite. For strategic political gain, our useless pm handed out $10.5 million to a murdering guerrilla fighter.  That's the opposite of courage.

Yes, I read that..

The payout to Omar Khadr doesn't surprise me.

Anonymous

Heroism and courage are not always one and the same.

JOE

Courage is the ability to stand up to adversity under extreme conditions.

This often occurs with one's back is against the wall.

A courageous person will stand in harm's way to protect those or a cause they believe.

Their sacrifice is selfless and often they will undertake this cause, because they know it is they who are the last defense, or 'the End of the Line'.

">https://youtu.be/h4yKhCEmUQc

...and they do not break nor back down to hold this line.

Quote from: "shin"How do you choose to measure and compare acts of bravery?