The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Australian ad causes offence

Started by Bricktop, July 12, 2017, 03:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

">https://www.facebook.com/gympolecom/videos/1926935884229332/

I dunno...makes me cringe a bit.

Caused a ruckus here for obvious reasons.

RW

OMG!  Who the fuck thought that would fly?

Oh wait, nobody.  They realised everyone would share it and now I need a stripper pole in my yard.

Thanks a lot Brick!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

So now you have a thing for prepubescent girls?.....Not cool, Alky.

Not cool at all. :nea:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Alcoholic".

He's so desperate for attention he'll post anything..

I wish that lazy lush would take the hint and get lost permanently.

Blazor

I could see this being fun at outdoor parties lol. I'll swing on it!  :laugh:

Having young girls on it in the ad, not good for how Westerners perceive it (stripper pole), but I can imagine whatever country this ad was created in (found out Czech republic), may be more open about things. That or perhaps the advertising agency, had the client of that product come to them, and say things like "this would be great for dancers and ballerinas, we want to focus on them". So, the advertising agency, prolly tried grown ladies at first, realizing how it looks, and placed children in there instead, hoping to ease minds out of the gutter. As an advertiser, I see no way of truly advertising this product without coming off as it being a stripper pole lol. They tried, but still failed. Do any of you know how to advertise this thing? Perhaps put 2 in a line and attach a string and hang clothes from it lol?

I checked the website, its still a stripper pole, but they are trying to advertise it as being an indoor/outdoor system, leaning more towards outdoor for "cool photo shoots" and stuff. Maybe thats how the company approached the advertisers, "we want to focus on it being outdoors". Agency prolly thought to do kids to make it not so dirty looking. Im just making guesses here, but they still failed lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

RW

I think they wanted to sell it as a form of exercise rather than a steipper pole because pole dancing is a real sport and it's crazy hard to do.  They have full on pole competitions.  I think using kids was their way of making it a fun fitness item rather than sexual thing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I think they wanted to sell it as a form of exercise rather than a steipper pole because pole dancing is a real sport and it's crazy hard to do.  They have full on pole competitions.  I think using kids was their way of making it a fun fitness item rather than sexual thing.

Yeah, that explains the slow motion crotch shots of the 12 year old girls.... :nea:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Alcoholic"
Quote from: "Alcoholic".

I'm not cool.

We knew that...

More likely, the drunken fool is so desperate for attention, he'll say anything to get noticed..

A very pathetic person.

RW

There needs to be a rule around here about no pedophilesque comments.  They're sickening.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"There needs to be a rule around here about no pedophilesque comments.  They're sickening.

This whole thread is "pedophilesque".

The advert is grotesque in it's overt sexualization of young girls.

RW

Quote from: "RW"There needs to be a rule around here about no pedophilesque comments.  They're sickening.

This whole thread is "pedophilesque".

Like I said, some advertising idiot thought if they used kids it would de-sexualize the pole.

Boy did that backfire.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

I had to rewatch it, its not sexualizing at all. Look at it from a dancing perspective. These lil girls are actually doing a good job for their age. The only thing somewhat sexual is the pole, cause thats what our brains are programmed to think, dancing on a pole is sexual.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I agree and there should be.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I agree and there should be.

I agree too and we have given time outs to posters for such comments..

Okay, I'll discuss this with kiebers and see what we can come up with.

RW

Isn't the drunk Finn on mod approve posting?
Beware of Gaslighters!