Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Bad news for BC/Canada: Pacific Northwest LNG not going ahead

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2017, 08:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"We just back from a week of camping in BC..

We were having too much fun to concern ourselves with BC politics.

Did you get drunk and lose the top of your two piece?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Did you get drunk and lose the top of your two piece?

No to both.

Thiel

I'm glad you had a good trip Fash.

I need to get away to unwind, but I never seem to find the time. I'm in Germany now on a business trip.
gay, conservative and proud

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"Joe does not need the real mortgage paying jobs Pacific LNG and TMX would provide. He has an imaginary job driving a limo.

Again, seoulbro, as I'm repeating myself again, I don't entirely endorse what the NDP/Green coalition has proposed.

While they could be on the side of stricter environmental regulations, better oversight on these projects, they shouldn't be against everything.

And I agree, that if they go too far, they could drive much more foreign investment of the resource sector out of this province.

Quite a number of the environmentalists align themselves with the '4/20' type crowd.

http://www.vancouversun.com/cms/binary/4651305.jpg">

And they stand in front of the BC Hydro building, smoke their dope, and say shit like, "We don't need no pipelines, no Site C dam, no Natural Gas. We kin don it all with solar and wind power!"

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJyf7QTr2qE

...but then at the same time, these kids still want their iPhones, their LTE networks, their Electric car network, Their busses which don't emit hydrocarbon. And of course, this takes investment in energy sources such as hydroelectric power. In other words, they want a first world standard of living, yet they don't want to accept the consequences of it or pay the price for it. These individuals are both naive and extremely selfish.

Personally, I'm for SAFE Natural Gas exploration, an expansion of the Kinder Morgan pipeline but with greater oversight, and the Site C dam.

Actually with regards to the last one, I think we need not just one dam, but possibly 4 or 5 more.

All these Kids are kiddin' themselves if the believe they can have it all, and that today's energy grid will satisfy tomorrow's needs.

And I agree with current US Secretary of State & ex Exxon chairman Rex Tillerson who stated that while he believes fossil fuels are a cause of global warming,  the present infrastructure and technology currently is insufficient to meet the demands of today's industrial economy. Tillerson is right - we simply aren't there yet. It'd be nice if we had unlimited energy sources like hydrogen fusion, but we don't, and may not for a very long time.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIj7Lb_X87A

...It's notable that the fellow questioning a fairly conservative Tillerson in the above video clip seemed 'disappointed' that he did not deny the influence of fossil fuels contributing to climate change. Yet, I think Tillerson forms a middle ground between those who say NO to fossil fuels/traditional methods of energy consumption and the pro YES crowd who want unlimited oil exploration with reckless abandon.

How does this relate to the situation in British Columbia? Basically that people who espouse certain environmental causes but want all the luxuries of the world can't have their cake and be able to eat it at the same time. There has to be a middle ground, which allows a certain amount of energy exploration/entrepreneurial activity while still maintaining oversight over the process and protection of the environment.