News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Does artificial intelligence lead to artificial personality and mood?

Started by shin, August 11, 2017, 07:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

If computers with artificial intelligence could develop something close to human personality traits, which do you think would be among the first they would exhibit?

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"If computers with artificial intelligence could develop something close to human personality traits, which do you think would be among the first they would exhibit?

Envy perhaps..

Have you watched the show Humans shin?

Anonymous

Take a look at this  shin.

QuoteFernanda Viegas and Martin Wattenberg, two Google engineers currently leading the Google Big Picture Data Visualization Group, would agree with the Turing test being a bit outdated. It's precisely why they set out to administer and record their own test to figure out if machines have feelings, personalities, and psychological idiosyncrasies.

The pair wrote a blog post on Medium detailing their process to answer these questions. They decided to present four commercially available vision systems different Rorschach inkblots to see how they examined and reacted to them.

"To understand the subconscious thoughts of the new mechanical brains, we turned to an old standby. We made them stare at inkblots and tell us what they saw," reads their blog post on Medium about the whole project. "Before we started, we worried that all image recognition programs would have the same personality. Our very first results put that fear to rest."

https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence-personalities-2015-08">https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence ... es-2015-08">https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence-personalities-2015-08

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"If computers with artificial intelligence could develop something close to human personality traits, which do you think would be among the first they would exhibit?

I'm uneasy with robots replacing human beings. And I'm not talking about doing mundane tasks either.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Envy perhaps..

No, I've never heard of it... but I don't watch much TV these days. I'm a cord cutter. What's it about?

Yesterday, I was thinking avarice or eagerness might be high up on the list.

shin

Quote from: "Shen Li"Take a look at this  shin.

QuoteFernanda Viegas and Martin Wattenberg, two Google engineers currently leading the Google Big Picture Data Visualization Group, would agree with the Turing test being a bit outdated. It's precisely why they set out to administer and record their own test to figure out if machines have feelings, personalities, and psychological idiosyncrasies.

The pair wrote a blog post on Medium detailing their process to answer these questions. They decided to present four commercially available vision systems different Rorschach inkblots to see how they examined and reacted to them.

"To understand the subconscious thoughts of the new mechanical brains, we turned to an old standby. We made them stare at inkblots and tell us what they saw," reads their blog post on Medium about the whole project. "Before we started, we worried that all image recognition programs would have the same personality. Our very first results put that fear to rest."

https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence-personalities-2015-08">https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence ... es-2015-08">https://tech.co/artificial-intelligence-personalities-2015-08

I thought the results they got were sort of typical of what you get when you do a reverse image search on Google and Bing. Sometimes they have enough data to match a wild card image; other times what constitutes an educated guess is out in left field.

Have you ever played a computerized chess game on a low difficulty level and found it to make moves which seem to defy logic? I don't think they can get out of logic paradox loops with great results because of their polar reasoning parameters.

shin

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I'm uneasy with robots replacing human beings. And I'm not talking about doing mundane tasks either.

Whenever you need reassurance that robots will fail horribly at enslaving us, just go to the supermarket and observe the myriad issues that arise at the automatic checkout lane.  :laugh3:

Every robot I've seen lacks the versatility to thrive in an environment with x factors they have no established data on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

Whenever you need reassurance that robots will fail horribly at enslaving us, just go to the supermarket and observe the myriad issues that arise at the automatic checkout lane.  :laugh3:

Every robot I've seen lacks the versatility to thrive in an environment with x factors they have no established data on.

I use the automated checkout line..

I haven't had any problems with it.

Anonymous

Envy perhaps..

No, I've never heard of it... but I don't watch much TV these days. I'm a cord cutter. What's it about?

It's a British show about very human like robots.

Odinson

Maybe they could create the ultimate wife..

Hot cyborg twins always in their sexiest lingerie while cooking food and cleaning the house.. Always ready to please their drunken master.

Regular women would become obsolete.

shin

The ones here run into all sorts of problems. One news story reported that a malfunction caused a self checkout change dispenser to give out $20 bills freely.

shin

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Envy perhaps..

It's a British show about very human like robots.

I'll look into reading the synopsis on it.

GORDY GAMBINO

RW

Lookza likka Gina Lollabrigittaz

Withha smaller titzenz

But smaller azz

Personality....hahahaha 5th line in

yeah yeah who gives a fuck shes fucken lovely

great tits whoaaaaa
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

The ones here run into all sorts of problems. One news story reported that a malfunction caused a self checkout change dispenser to give out $20 bills freely.

I never see those kind of malfunctions, darn it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"

I never see those kind of malfunctions, darn it.

lol, me neither.