Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Canadians Biggest Expense......TAXES!!

Started by Anonymous, August 24, 2017, 09:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Our healthcare system isn't easily compared to others.  We have a HUGE geographical mass with a small population.  That poses logistical issues with the delivery of quality care.  The only comparable would be Australia and they have a two tiered system.

There is oodles of government waste and a lot of room to streamline government.  No one is doing it though and I think that has a lot to do with the massive job loss it will create.  There are also a lot of opportunities for private-public partnerships that could offset costs, like having companies rent space in hospitals to sell food and products, amoung other things.

I used to work in community development and I can tell you, combining office space and sharing office resources between government agencies would save a ton alone.

The thing that gets me is why people bitch about wages of employees but no one bitches about expense accounts or elected officials who work a mere 8 years and retire with full pensions.  Do you know how much we spend on food and booze at functions alone?  No one gets incensed about car allowances, swanky hotels, first class flights, but you'll(vous) happily advocate that the mom down the street loses her bean counting gov job.  I just don't get it.

We all know that we'll eventually join the rest of the advanced world and allow a competing private health care system. Good for taxpayers,  good for consumers and good for our overall health. As health care continues to eat up more and more of provincial budgets would secretly welcome that kind of change to the Canada Health Act.

Those perks of being elected exist, and of course they are outrageous, but that is not where the really big money is going.

https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/report-rapport-eng.asp">https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/repo ... rt-eng.asp">https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/report-rapport-eng.asp

We have an effective top income tax rate in this province of  53.53%. This doesn't include all our hidden taxes either It's hard  the average doctor or engineer to not consider emigration.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Our healthcare system isn't easily compared to others.  We have a HUGE geographical mass with a small population.  That poses logistical issues with the delivery of quality care.  The only comparable would be Australia and they have a two tiered system.

There is oodles of government waste and a lot of room to streamline government.  No one is doing it though and I think that has a lot to do with the massive job loss it will create.  There are also a lot of opportunities for private-public partnerships that could offset costs, like having companies rent space in hospitals to sell food and products, amoung other things.

I used to work in community development and I can tell you, combining office space and sharing office resources between government agencies would save a ton alone.

The thing that gets me is why people bitch about wages of employees but no one bitches about expense accounts or elected officials who work a mere 8 years and retire with full pensions.  Do you know how much we spend on food and booze at functions alone?  No one gets incensed about car allowances, swanky hotels, first class flights, but you'll(vous) happily advocate that the mom down the street loses her bean counting gov job.  I just don't get it.

We all know that we'll eventually join the rest of the advanced world and allow a competing private health care system. Good for taxpayers,  good for consumers and good for our overall health. As health care continues to eat up more and more of provincial budgets would secretly welcome that kind of change to the Canada Health Act.

Those perks of being elected exist, and of course they are outrageous, but that is not where the really big money is going.

https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/report-rapport-eng.asp">https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/repo ... rt-eng.asp">https://www.fin.gc.ca/afr-rfa/2016/report-rapport-eng.asp

We have an effective top income tax rate in this province of  53.53%. This doesn't include all our hidden taxes either It's hard  the average doctor or engineer to not consider emigration.

Bullesye!!

Staying to pay more than half of  my income for a crappy, overpriced  health care system that doesn't allow competition.  Where nurses spend less than half their time treating patients. No thanks. More tax revenue does not equal better outcomes. I can think of a lot of places I could go, pay less in taxes and still receive better quality services.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Oh yeah, the expense comparisons in an employee driven service industry.  Of course the highest cost is employment.  That's not news.

I totally agree on competing private health care.  We lose private clients to the States as is.

In terms of tax rates, where is the 53.53% coming from because from what I have seen, it's 33% federal over $202K and 13.16% over $220K, meaning anyone who makes over $220K is paying 46.16% no?  Once people sock money away in investments, RRSPs, tax free savings accounts, charitable donations, etc, the tax burden comes down even further.

If you look at the actual federal tax rates, people who make less than $45,000 pay 15%.  People who make over $200K pay 33%.  Why do people who make almost 4.5 times less pay only about 2 times less in taxes than the top earners?  Is that fair?

Oh and at 13% Ontario had the second lowest provincial rate for top earners.  Nunavut is lower at 11%.
Beware of Gaslighters!

GORDY GAMBINO

YOUSE CAN'T AFFORD CHUGS SO DO WHAT YA DID TO THE INUITS, GIVE THEM THEIR OWN LAND AND CUT BENEFITS OFF.

SEE HOW THE FUCKEN FISH STEALER ESKIMO GOT SORTED OUT.

DO THE SAME TO WHITE WOMAN FUCKING CHUGGY'S.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

I know since I started at CP 28 years ago I keep less of my pay. That doesn't include property tax increases above the rate of inflation or ever increasing user fees.

As for our services, we spend too much on administration and staff and not enough goes to where it belongs. I'm looking forward to getting out of Canada in less than seven years.

Anonymous

There's no way anyone should pay more than one third of their income for all taxes.

Anonymous

Despite common misperceptions, Canada's top income-earners pay a disproportionate share of all taxes collected by government

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24067953_10155155246421463_5711480845026982049_n.png?oh=d2880f2b20ec08053116c1d71b05518c&oe=5A93C6D5">

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Despite common misperceptions, Canada's top income-earners pay a disproportionate share of all taxes collected by government

Depends on what your idea of fair taxation is...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Despite common misperceptions, Canada's top income-earners pay a disproportionate share of all taxes collected by government

Depends on what your idea of fair taxation is...

He never mentioned  fair.

Zetsu

Sounds like RW won't be satisfied until the rich have to pay a tax rate of 90% or higher to fund her medical bills and welfare check.
Permanently off his rocker

Angry White Male

I am of the belief, that maybe a flat tax rate would be the fairest...  Doesn't matter what you earn, everyone pays the same rate.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I am of the belief, that maybe a flat tax rate would be the fairest...  Doesn't matter what you earn, everyone pays the same rate.

I would love to have a flat rate, maybe somewhere around 15-20% for everyone would seems reasonable and help spark some business in Canada's economy.  I'm tired of having to buy my goods from the US due to teh lack of competitive pricing and options we have here.

Angry White Male

Yup.  And just think how much that system would simplify tax time...  With 10 seconds and a calculator, you'd know exactly what you'd owe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I am of the belief, that maybe a flat tax rate would be the fairest...  Doesn't matter what you earn, everyone pays the same rate.

I would love to have a flat rate, maybe somewhere around 15-20% for everyone would seems reasonable and help spark some business in Canada's economy.  I'm tired of having to buy my goods from the US due to teh lack of competitive pricing and options we have here.

I would like no more than 20 percent combined federal and provincial. New Brunswick is something like  57 percent combined on the top rate. That is immoral.

Zetsu

lol 57% is pretty much 1st degree robbery.  Plus if China can maintain a max rate of only 25%, and still spend so much on military, infrastructure and other overseas and city projects, then there shouldn't be excuses for True Dope to claim anymore than 20%.  It's just silly how we pay so much in taxes while we hardly ever get anything back in return.