Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

welcome Harry

Started by Anonymous, August 26, 2017, 10:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
We're constantly getting new or higher taxes and fees.

And with your NDP government running eleven billion dollar deficits, shielding the civil service from sharing the pain and credit down grades your taxes will continue to rise. This doesn't even get touch the train wreck that is Justine's regime. And then you guys have the free spending Nenshi.

shin

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "shin"

yep It'll always be the sears tower to me.

I like Giordanos a lot, nobody piles on the cheese like they do.  Have you ever had Genos East or Lou Malnatis?  IMO they both have the best pizza crust (kind of a cornbread)

I've had both. Giordano's is very hit or miss depending on which location you go to, but they do pack on the cheese. Gino's East has good think crust but you have to go to the one downtown for good pizza. Lou's is slightly overrated, but I do like their crust and freshness of their ingredients.

Yeah, a lot of people like going downtown to eat.  I hate it though.  It costs 20 to 30 to park then you have to pay for your meal too.  I suually find something close by.  I like Genos the best but I don't have one near me.  I still occasionaly get giordanos or Lou malnatis.

Do you live in the Chicago area?

yep, in a nearby suburb.

Did you grow up in greater Chicago Wazzzup?
 Since I was 3 I've either lived in chicago or suburbs nearby. I will probably move when my youngest son gets out of high school.  the state is in deep financial doo doo so they are constantly raising and finding new taxes, but never fixing the underlying problem causing the financial drain (government worker pensions).  So its only going to get worse.

Can you see Chicago developing some of the infrastructure problems that Detroit has suffered recently?

Wazzzup

I like Giordanos a lot, nobody piles on the cheese like they do.  Have you ever had Genos East or Lou Malnatis?  IMO they both have the best pizza crust (kind of a cornbread)

I've had both. Giordano's is very hit or miss depending on which location you go to, but they do pack on the cheese. Gino's East has good think crust but you have to go to the one downtown for good pizza. Lou's is slightly overrated, but I do like their crust and freshness of their ingredients.

Yeah, a lot of people like going downtown to eat.  I hate it though.  It costs 20 to 30 to park then you have to pay for your meal too.  I suually find something close by.  I like Genos the best but I don't have one near me.  I still occasionaly get giordanos or Lou malnatis.

yep, in a nearby suburb.

Since I was 3 I've either lived in chicago or suburbs nearby. I will probably move when my youngest son gets out of high school.  the state is in deep financial doo doo so they are constantly raising and finding new taxes, but never fixing the underlying problem causing the financial drain (government worker pensions).  So its only going to get worse.

Can you see Chicago developing some of the infrastructure problems that Detroit has suffered recently?
I don't know.   I have not seen any news on that, but if your tap water starts tasting funny you may want to switch to bottles for a while just in case. :laugh:

Wazzzup

yep, in a nearby suburb.

I can understand that Wazzzup..

We're constantly getting new or higher taxes and fees.
 funny we were just talking about this, and today I read an article saying the chicago area led the US in population loss over the last two years.  People are abandoning the sinking ship.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Wazzzup"funny we were just talking about this, and today I read an article saying the chicago area led the US in population loss over the last two years.  People are abandoning the sinking ship.

It's actually called "White Flight," and it's a real term.

When Whites get the fuck out of a Negro infested dump, to find work and a better life, the town goes completely to shit.  Detroit is a prime example of what happens during "White Flight"...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"funny we were just talking about this, and today I read an article saying the chicago area led the US in population loss over the last two years.  People are abandoning the sinking ship.

It's actually called "White Flight," and it's a real term.

When Whites get the fuck out of a Negro infested dump, to find work and a better life, the town goes completely to shit.  Detroit is a prime example of what happens during "White Flight"...

Most of the white flight happened in the 70s and 80s.  Occasionally a neighborhood here and there goes through change, but most have stabilized.

The thing is If you want to get away from non whites you can move to any of several parts of the city, or suburbs.  The article I read attributes people leaving illinois primarily to high taxes and fewer jobs, some of it may be white flight, but probably most is not.

Anonymous

I'm getting out of Canada when I retire in six and a half years. I don't see much of a future for this country.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I'm getting out of Canada when I retire in six and a half years. I don't see much of a future for this country.

GOOD!
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I have to agree it's a clunker .. and I'm betting I know  someone who would like to see you "railroaded" out a lot earlier

:laugh:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I'm getting out of Canada when I retire in six and a half years. I don't see much of a future for this country.

GOOD!

What could possibly be good about either of those two sentences.

RW

GOOD!

I think it's good for people who don't appreciate or want to live in Canada to GTFO.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

GOOD!

I think it's good for people who don't appreciate or want to live in Canada to GTFO.

He doesn't appreciate how the country is governed..

Other than the government who would be free of a thorn in their palm, I fail to see how losing a law abiding, contributing member of society is good for anyone

Anonymous

GOOD!

Other than the government who would be free of a thorn in their palm, I fail to see how losing a law abiding, contributing member of society is good for anyone

hear hear

RW

GOOD!

He's not going anywhere but if he doesn't like how things are run, he should run for public office.

If leaving makes him happier, good.  I'll help him pack.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

GOOD!

Obviously Fash.