The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Dreamers and DACA

Started by Harry, September 04, 2017, 11:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Law Professor: Don't Bash Trump Over DACA; What He Did Was 'Paramount' For Our System Of Government

QuoteJonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, argues that all President Trump is doing is returning immigration law to Congress, which should have been done in the first place. He's just reeling in Obama's overreach by using the same method the former president used to enact it. There is nothing controversial about how Trump went about terminating DACA:

Some of us criticized the action as a circumvention of the legislative branch that undermined our system of the separation of powers. But because they liked the result, Democratic members yielded their institutional power to the White House and helped create an unchecked presidency.

Trump's decision will return this question to where it should have remained: Congress.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/09/06/law-professor-dont-bash-trump-over-daca-hes-just-reeling-in-obamas-overreach-n2377394">https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... h-n2377394">https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/09/06/law-professor-dont-bash-trump-over-daca-hes-just-reeling-in-obamas-overreach-n2377394

RW

This is a tough one because the parents are the ones who broke the law, not the kids who had no choice.  I guess kids pay for the sins of their fathers though.  It's just a shame it has gone on this long without illegal immigration being properly addressed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

The usual spin conveniently leaves out the fact that King O's decree was never law, just a dumb decree = zip, zero, fuck all

Now lawmakers have been given a 6 month window to make it actual law .. and hopefully a good and appropriate one
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"The usual spin conveniently leaves out the fact that King O's decree was never law, just a dumb decree = zip, zero, fuck all

Now lawmakers have been given a 6 month window to make it actual law .. and hopefully a good and appropriate one

The republican congress couldn't figure out how to toss out Obamacare.  I hope they fail to produce a bill again on DACA.

DACA is an infusion of nearly 1 million democrat voters (which is thre realk goal here).  And it rewards people for breaking the law, thus enticing others to do the same.  Message-Make it to america and even if you can't stay, your kids can. (look for the next sob story if DACA is passed--DACA parents will demand amnesty as well--"If you deport me,who will take care of my kids?"

As one congressman said bluntly let them live here in the shadows,never becoming citizens,  never voting,  that is the life their parents chose for them when they illegally brought them here.

Wazzzup

BTW anybody remember this anti DACA-like moment? (brought to you by Bill Clinton)

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/151012155050-01-elian-gonzalez-rewind-restricted-super-169.jpg">

Clinton took Elian Gonzalez back to Cuba with an armed raid on the house he was staying in.  Democrats backed the move.

cc

QuoteDACA is an infusion of nearly 1 million democrat voters. And it rewards people for breaking the law, thus enticing others to do the same. Make it to america and even if you can't stay, your kids can. (look for the next sob story if DACA is passed--"You can't deport me--who will take care of my kids?"

Bottom line is that the only reason a certain stripe want ANYONE into the country (or into the entire West) is to win elections and hold power  for the entire future.

Given the opportunity they will do just that.

That permanent control bullet was dodged Dec 8 but I see no way they will not achieve TOTAL and PERMANENT control soon

RW

Quote from: "cc"Bottom line is that the only reason a certain stripe want ANYONE into the country (or into the entire West) is to win elections and hold power  for the entire future.

Given the opportunity they will do just that.

That bullet was dodged Dec 8 but I see no way they will not achieve TOTAL and PERMANENT control soon

Isn't this about kids of people who came here illegally?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

EVERYTHING that certain stripe does with regard to people coming in and ultimately becoming voters is about votes ->>> towards the objective of grabbing & maintaining permanent power

Another example of the "we care about people" scam - Look at the cities they win at the polls because of the illusion they care about inner city people

They play the sympathy card all the time when they don't give a rat's ass about people (other than themselves)  .. it's ONLY about votes ... power / control.

Amazingly the scam works leaving inner cities dying more every day

What they have done to the Detroit I knew well long ago makes me cry  .. for one example of just about all major cities

kiebers

">https://www.facebook.com/TheTrumpRepublicans/videos/517166461961682/
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "cc"EVERYTHING that certain stripe does with regard to people coming in and ultimately becoming voters is about votes ->>> towards the objective of grabbing & maintaining permanent power

Another example of the "we care about people" scam - Look at the cities they win at the polls because of the illusion they care about inner city people

They play the sympathy card all the time when they don't give a rat's ass about people (other than themselves)  .. it's ONLY about votes ... power / control.

Amazingly the scam works leaving inner cities dying more every day

What they have done to the Detroit I knew well long ago makes me cry  .. for one example of just about all major cities

Do you think it's the same here cc?  I know a lot of politicians and I don't seem them in it for power/control.  Granted we don't have the same issues here or population but I'm wondering if you think that's a factor in Canada.

Votes - it's definitely about votes.

Also how do you crack the whip on people that have been given free pass for so long to the point of only knowing America as their home?  Too bad, so sad?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"
">https://www.facebook.com/TheTrumpRepublicans/videos/517166461961682/
WOW!  Talk about contradiction.

Now I don't know who Schumer is or which side he bats for (I'll look it up), but my question to you is, are politicians allowed to change their minds or their positions?
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Sure they are allowed to but with everything that is going on in our countries politics, I have to believe it is solely because of the democrats not supporting Trump in anything he wants to do. Seems when Trump is actually going to do something about the illegal immigrants in our country, that every president since Clinton has tried to do, then everyone gets up in arms. I suppose all the past presidents only talked the talk.....

He is a democrat senator.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"Sure they are allowed to but with everything that is going on in our countries politics, I have to believe it is solely because of the democrats not supporting Trump in anything he wants to do. Seems when Trump is actually going to do something about the illegal immigrants in our country, that every president since Clinton has tried to do, then everyone gets up in arms. I suppose all the past presidents only talked the talk.....

Oh I have no doubt they are opposing him because he's Trump but so far, he hasn't had much backing from the Republicans either.

Someone is going to have to be the bad guy when it comes to illegal immigration.  It's a bleeding heart issue so it's inevitable.  I really think the approach needs to be one going forward rather than trying to correct the mistakes of past administrations.  But then there's removing criminals from your country which technically includes all illegals.

Tough one for sure.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

Quote from: "kiebers"Sure they are allowed to but with everything that is going on in our countries politics, I have to believe it is solely because of the democrats not supporting Trump in anything he wants to do. Seems when Trump is actually going to do something about the illegal immigrants in our country, that every president since Clinton has tried to do, then everyone gets up in arms. I suppose all the past presidents only talked the talk.....

Well...are you aware that yesterday (might be today, your time) Trump struck a budget deal with Schumer and Pelosi that effectively bypassed Ryan and McConnell?

Never say never.

kiebers

Quote from: "Harry"

Well...are you aware that yesterday (might be today, your time) Trump struck a budget deal with Schumer and Pelosi that effectively bypassed Ryan and McConnell?

Never say never.

Actually I was aware. He obviously gave them something they wanted, otherwise it never would have happened....LOL