Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Menthol Cigarettes Banned Here Now...

Started by Angry White Male, September 10, 2017, 03:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Quote from: "RW"I think the claim is they appeal to young people.

Any excuse will work, who is going to object?  Its not like smokers have any representation.

They'll ban them all soon, unless they need the tax revenue.  Then next maybe they'll start looking at taxing or banning  butter, candy, sugar, sweetend soda pop and who knows what else.

Where I'm at they just instututed a beverage tax.  they say its to "stop obesity," but they are taxing diet soda and unsweetened drinks as well. :001_rolleyes:

the real obesity is the big fat greedy government.

RW

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Any excuse will work, who is going to object?  

They'll ban them all soon unless they need the tax revenue.  Then maybe they'll start looking at taxing or banning  butter, candy, sugar, sweetend soda pop and who knows what else.

Where I'm at they just instututed a beverage tax.  they say its to stop obesity, but they are taxing diet soda and unsweetened drinks as well. :001_rolleyes:

the real obesity is a big fat greedy government.

I'm speculating but that would be my best guess.

Our government has a financial interest in a healthy population so they do what they can to deter us from things that will burden the health care system.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Yeah...this is why:

Ottawa first restricted the sale of products with flavours such as bubblegum and chocolate, before expanding it to include menthol-flavoured products, in an attempt to reduce the appeal of smoking to youth.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menthol-cigarettes-banned-tobacco-canada/">http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menth ... co-canada/">http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menthol-cigarettes-banned-tobacco-canada/
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wazzzup

Quote from: "RW"

Any excuse will work, who is going to object?  

They'll ban them all soon unless they need the tax revenue.  Then maybe they'll start looking at taxing or banning  butter, candy, sugar, sweetend soda pop and who knows what else.

Where I'm at they just instututed a beverage tax.  they say its to stop obesity, but they are taxing diet soda and unsweetened drinks as well. :001_rolleyes:

the real obesity is a big fat greedy government.

I'm speculating but that would be my best guess.

Our government has a financial interest in a healthy population so they do what they can to deter us from things that will burden the health care system.

right like I said, coming next-- soda pop, butter, sugar, candy, cake mixes, who knows what else?  It'll take time, maybe several years, but it will happen

https://rlv.zcache.com/jefferson_beware_of_big_government_classic_round_sticker-r4abf3a803b814808bc65129bc1ce423a_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg">

(might not be by thomas jefferson, but its still a good quote)

Wazzzup

Quote from: "RW"Yeah...this is why:

Ottawa first restricted the sale of products with flavours such as bubblegum and chocolate, before expanding it to include menthol-flavoured products, in an attempt to reduce the appeal of smoking to youth.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menthol-cigarettes-banned-tobacco-canada/">http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menth ... co-canada/">http://globalnews.ca/news/3360761/menthol-cigarettes-banned-tobacco-canada/

Of course, its all about " saving the chillllldren"

That way if anybody objects, they can say "what's wrong with you? don't you care about the chillllldren?"

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I quit smoking recently, but I never smoked menthols.

That's wonderful Seoul, keep it up.

Anonymous

How is that going for you?  Sounds like you are still with it!  Congrats!!!!    ac_dance

It feels great to be a non smoker. My lung is thanking me. :laugh3:

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

How is that going for you?  Sounds like you are still with it!  Congrats!!!!    ac_dance

It feels great to be a non smoker. My lung is thanking me. :laugh3:

I bet!

Has your sense of taste come back yet?

I'm sooooo happy for you!!!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Wazzzup"They'll ban them all soon, unless they need the tax revenue.

The left wingers would love to see tobacco banned, but even left winged governments run by idiots like Trudope know not to dare even try banning smokes...

First off, it brings in about 10 billion dollars tax revenue per year brought in.  That's right...  TEN BILLION!

Didn't hear that the first few times?

TEN FUCKING BILLION!

That's right!  And that's why I smoke wherever I want!

Anonymous

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"They'll ban them all soon, unless they need the tax revenue.

The left wingers would love to see tobacco banned, but even left winged governments run by idiots like Trudope know not to dare even try banning smokes...

First off, it brings in about 10 billion dollars tax revenue per year brought in.  That's right...  TEN BILLION!

TEN FUCKING BILLION!

I'm sure they would love to ban them, BUT its a lot of money they stand to lose.  menthol cigs are a pretty high amount of what is sold, i wonder how they will make up the loss?  Maybe more carbon taxes ac_umm

Angry White Male

I'm not complaining about the cost of smoking, Joe.  I budget it into my lifestyle.

When I traveled to Ontario many years ago, tobacco would grow there.  I doubt it grows well in our climate here...

Angry White Male

It is what it is!  You gotta pay if you wanna play!

Don't play the lottery, if you count on winning!

I do agree...  The Baby Boomers did more harm than most generations did.  However, I'm sure they'll be outdone by the new generation of kids growing up knowing 85 different genders and sexual identities, and being offended by anything and everything...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

TEN FUCKING BILLION!

I'm sure they would love to ban them, BUT its a lot of money they stand to lose.  menthol cigs are a pretty high amount of what is sold, i wonder how they will make up the loss?  Maybe more carbon taxes ac_umm

Carbon taxes are for the children. ac_lmfao

Odinson

The menthol cigs gather water inside your lungs... They are really bad..

Which is why I smoke them.