News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Should a Trans Woman be Allowed to Compete as a Female Athlete.

Started by Harry, September 16, 2017, 05:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Example--Lets say you have a male professional tennis player.  he's probably about 15th in world.  he's good but not good enough to win the mens title.  So he goes and puts on a wig, says he feels pretty,  and then enters the womens division where he plans to win and take home some big cash prizes.  Now, What's going to stop him?

Why do you guys always think that people play trans to scam the system?  Those people aren't trans. They're just cheaters in a wig.
How do you tell the difference?  What test can prove it?  How do you know which guy in a wig is the trans and which is the cheater?

RW

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Example--Lets say you have a male professional tennis player.  he's probably about 15th in world.  he's good but not good enough to win the mens title.  So he goes and puts on a wig, says he feels pretty,  and then enters the womens division where he plans to win and take home some big cash prizes.  Now, What's going to stop him?

Why do you guys always think that people play trans to scam the system?  Those people aren't trans. They're just cheaters in a wig.
How do you tell the difference?  What test can prove it?  How do you know which guy in a wig is the trans and which is the cheater?

One will have a supporting medical record and one will just have a receipt to a wig store.

But why would you deny someone who wants to participate because someone might be a cheater?  Where's the logic in that?

And for the record, I don't know how to manage a trans person in sports.  Usually if it is seen as a disadvantage then it's fine.  Like if was a trans woman who wanted to play on a men's team, it would be fine because she wouldn't have an advantage.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wazzzup

One will have a supporting medical record and one will just have a receipt to a wig store.

But why would you deny someone who wants to participate because someone might be a cheater?  Where's the logic in that?

And for the record, I don't know how to manage a trans person in sports.  Usually if it is seen as a disadvantage then it's fine.  Like if was a trans woman who wanted to play on a men's team, it would be fine because she wouldn't have an advantage.

Is a medical support record really required or not.  I thought the new rule was if you think you are a woman you are one.  No?  and unless you can read minds how do you tell who is sincere and who is not?

If trans people want to compete in mens sports I see no problem.  IMO If they compete in women's sports they should have to have been born a female, otherwise they have an unfair advntage.  (uh oh, transphobe alert!)

Wazzzup

Some examples of transgender male to females winning sports events--

Transgender freshman sprinter, born a male, wins two girls state championships

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/06/transgender-freshman-sprinter-born-a-male-wins-two-girls-state-championships/">http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/06 ... pionships/">http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/06/transgender-freshman-sprinter-born-a-male-wins-two-girls-state-championships/

Transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard, who was born a man, won the Australian international women's competition March 19.

Hubbard, 39, lifted 591 pounds, nearly 20 pounds more than the woman who won the silver medal by lifting 572 pounds.

Transgender cyclist Jillian Bearden, a 36-year-old biological male and Colorado Springs native, won the women's division of the El Tour de Tucson in four hours and 26 minutes in November 2016.

Or then another way to get an advantage? (take lots of testosterone)

Wrestling: Transgender wins high-school girls tournament

Mack Beggs, 17, was born a girl and reportedly began identifying as a boy at the age of 3. Though Beggs underwent testosterone treatments for more than a year and had the muscle mass of a teenage boy, Beggs competed and took first place in the University Interscholastic League state girls' championship on Feb. 25, 2016.

Volleyball: Transgender player eyes 2020 Olympics

Transgender volleyball player Tia Thompson, born a male, played with the men's division of USA Volleyball, or USAV, until Thompson was given permission in January to play in the women's division, NBC News reported.

Under USAV rules, transgender women must undergo hormone replacement therapy for at least a year and change their gender to female on their I.D. documentation. (one year of hormones and you can get a good shot at an olympic medal.)

More at link http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-athletes-crushed-by-women-who-were-once-men/#fZTkfDyAxjY0rwCL.99">http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-athle ... jY0rwCL.99">http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-athletes-crushed-by-women-who-were-once-men/#fZTkfDyAxjY0rwCL.99

RW

Is a medical support record really required or not.  I thought the new rule was if you think you are a woman you are one.  No?  and unless you can read minds how do you tell who is sincere and who is not?

If trans people want to compete in mens sports I see no problem.  IMO If they compete in women's sports they should have to have been born a female, otherwise they have an unfair advntage.  (uh oh, transphobe alert!)

The rule around a transgender person has never been you just think you're a woman.   :oeudC:

Why do you pretty much reiterate what I say then pretend I'm going to rag on you for it?   :crazy:
Beware of Gaslighters!