Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Scam calls...

Started by Berry Sweet, September 28, 2017, 08:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

...is anyone else getting scam calls?

I'm getting at least 5-6 of these calls per day and I'm getting sick of it.  Some of the numbers that pop up on my call display are local or an unusual number...they all ask for me by name.  All of them wanting my personal information.  One guy was trying to sell me fish, and I get a lot of calls from banks wanting to "update information"(no bank does this)...even from banks I have no account at...

I never sign up or give my email or phone number for anything....where would my name and number be coming from?  Who's giving out this information?  It has to be the phone companies themselves.

RW

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...is anyone else getting scam calls?

I'm getting at least 5-6 of these calls per day and I'm getting sick of it.  Some of the numbers that pop up on my call display are local or an unusual number...they all ask for me by name.  All of them wanting my personal information.  One guy was trying to sell me fish, and I get a lot of calls from banks wanting to "update information"(no bank does this)...even from banks I have no account at...

I never sign up or give my email or phone number for anything....where would my name and number be coming from?  Who's giving out this information?  It has to be the phone companies themselves.

Check online via search to see if you come up anywhere because they publish the phone book and they use that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...is anyone else getting scam calls?

I haven't received any calls like that for a while Berry.

Angry White Male

This happens to me from time to time, but I typically try to put an end to them ASAP.

They use all sorts of tactics, from number spoofers, to calling from Mexico, to avoid the "Do Not Disturb" list...

The ONLY way to handle these cretins, is to talk to one of them, and tell them to, "NEVER FUCKING CALL THIS FUCKING NUMBER AGAIN!!"

It's the only way, and has drastically reduced the shit calls I get.

Remember, you have to be mean with these people.

realgrimm

I get TXT messages about 3 times a month from banks I have no account at telling me my accounts been compromised and is under investigation for fraud (obvious PHISH is obvious)....lol..

Angry White Male

I text them back, telling them to FUCK OFF!

I used to roll with the flow, but now I give these fuckers hassle, EVERY TIME.

It costs them for texts, and it costs them for long distance charges.

I get one on one with these fuckers, and they eventually hang up on me, and don't bother me again.

"The Pirate" automated call started getting on my nerves, so I told the dude so...  He started getting all "tough guy" with me!

I told him if I ever met him, I'd bury my fucking fist so hard into his face, he'd need plastic surgery to breathe properly again.

Never received a call again from them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"I get TXT messages about 3 times a month from banks I have no account at telling me my accounts been compromised and is under investigation for fraud (obvious PHISH is obvious)....lol..

I got that once or twice in the past five years.

Anonymous

I occasionally get recorded calls from numbers that are almost the same as my own cell. I don't answer them.

shin

I sometimes get calls from people telling me I'm eligible for a prize because I stayed at one of their company's resorts.

I've never stayed at a resort.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I sometimes get calls from people telling me I'm eligible for a prize because I stayed at one of their company's resorts.

I've never stayed at a resort.

That one is still around?

kiebers

It never goes away...LOL

When the wife got laid off and we were without insurance we had to shop around for a cheap policy. Still getting calls. The majority of the calls we get are hang up calls whether we answer or not. When I get one that answers I go far enough to talk to someone like I am going to buy something. Then I tell them I just wanted to waste their time like they wasted mine and I hang up. I get just a little grin when I do that...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It never goes away...LOL

When the wife got laid off and we were without insurance we had to shop around for a cheap policy. Still getting calls. The majority of the calls we get are hang up calls whether we answer or not. When I get one that answers I go far enough to talk to someone like I am going to buy something. Then I tell them I just wanted to waste their time like they wasted mine and I hang up. I get just a little grin when I do that...LOL

Good for you. :thumbup:

Berry Sweet

Im hearing there is another scam.  "ICBC" is texting or calli g people saying they are getting money back or a rebate or something...dont fall for it....since when does ICBC give money away?? Lmao!  Esp when they want to raise your insurance by 40-60% in the next 2 years.

Its sad how so many people fall for these scams again and again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im hearing there is another scam.  "ICBC" is texting or calli g people saying they are getting money back or a rebate or something...dont fall for it....since when does ICBC give money away?? Lmao!  Esp when they want to raise your insurance by 40-60% in the next 2 years.

Auto insurance is still private here, so I don't need to worry about ICBC.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im hearing there is another scam.  "ICBC" is texting or calli g people saying they are getting money back or a rebate or something...dont fall for it....since when does ICBC give money away?? Lmao!  Esp when they want to raise your insurance by 40-60% in the next 2 years.

When you get a call saying you have won something or  you are entitled to a rebate, it is a scam.