News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What would you do if you inherited $5-600,000?

Started by JOE, October 19, 2017, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

This is what I was told that I could inherit once my last parent passes on.

In USD, that's probably $4-500,000?

My parents bought a home for under $40,000 40 years ago. Now it's worth over $3,000,000+.  So once the house is sold, it's final sale value will be passed on to its beneficiaries, the family. My parents weren't especially rich, it's just that they managed to be in the right place at the right time, bought the land when it was plentiful and cheap.

Personally, I'm thinking if I got that amount, I'd leave the Vancouver area and retire somewhere else.

I don't really like it that much here. Plus given the high cost of living in this part of the world, it won't last long anyways.

So, what would you do with that amount? What would you invest it in?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

A hitman to have you whacked. ac_razz

Blazor

If it was me, I'd buy a cabin on 100 acres. Around here there would still be some left over after that. Just my dream lol.

As far as what to invest it in, I have no clue lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"If it was me, I'd buy a cabin on 100 acres. Around here there would still be some left over after that. Just my dream lol.

As far as what to invest it in, I have no clue lol.

Ask SB. He'll want a commish of course.

Odinson

I would donate all the money to the hungry black/muslim people.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Lol, or my lil brother. He seems to be doing good investing into stocks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Lol, or my lil brother. He seems to be doing good investing into stocks.

Right on. Good to see people doing something about their own financial futures instead of expecting the government to do it for them.

Blazor

Right on. Good to see people doing something about their own financial futures instead of expecting the government to do it for them.

I really need to. Fuck depending on the government tit.

Anonymous

I really need to. Fuck depending on the government tit.

A person really needs to start paying themselves for their future as early in their working lives as possible..

Few millennials are taking this seriously it would seem.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "JOE"This is what I was told that I could inherit once my last parent passes on.

My parents bought a home for under $40,000 40 years ago. Now it's worth over $3,000,000+.  So once the house is sold, it's final sale value will be passed on to its beneficiaries, the family. My parents weren't especially rich, it's just that they managed to be in the right place at the right time, bought the land when it was plentiful and cheap.

Personally, I'm thinking if I got that amount, I'd leave the Vancouver area and retire somewhere else.

I don't really like it that much here. Plus given the high cost of living in this part of the world, it won't last long anyways.

Keep it. The market on fire right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "JOE"This is what I was told that I could inherit once my last parent passes on.

Keep it. The market on fire right now.

That's because Americans elected someone who is streamlining job-killing regulations, reducing the deficit, slashing the number of public servants, incentivizing bringing jobs back home. and simplifying and lowering  taxes. The part time drama teaching moron we elected is doing the exact opposite.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
A person really needs to start paying themselves for their future as early in their working lives as possible..

Wish I could. Right now Im paycheck to paycheck. With the younger crowd it is worse like you say.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Wish I could. Right now Im paycheck to paycheck. With the younger crowd it is worse like you say.

I don't about that Blaze. They seem to mature slowly, so it's no  surprise they don't save.

JOE

Funny how you should mention that.

Some friends from the Philippines and Latin America have advised me that their countries are dangerous and if they think a person has money they'll kidnap or kill them. Land and cost of living on many of those places is cheap, but so is human life.

So a person has to be careful where they move to

Anonymous

Funny how you should mention that.

Some friends from the Philippines and Latin America have advised me that their countries are dangerous and if they think a person has money they'll kidnap or kill them. Land and cost of living on many of those places is cheap, but so is human life.

So a person has to be careful where they move to

The Philippines is not cheap to live JOE..

Electronics, clothing, furniture, children's toys, dining often exceed prices here..

Labour costs are very cheap though.