News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Herman"Have you ever stayed on Frement?

Not yet, heard great things about the Golden Nugget.

We keep getting offers to stay at the Gold Coast, off the strip. Might try them at some point.

My wife likes Bally's and the Paris.

The Golden Nugget has bull sharks in their aquarium. I liked it, but I like Las Vegas Blvd better than the Fremont experience.

We don't really plan on going back to Vegas though.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Herman"

We love Vegas! The sights; the sounds; the shows; the shopping; the food! We try to take in a show each trip now. And have enjoyed side tours too.
<t></t>

Anonymous

We love Vegas! The sights; the sounds; the shows; the shopping; the food! We try to take in a show each trip now. And have enjoyed side tours too.

I can tell.

It's not what the old lady and I want from a holiday. Once you've seen the sights and sounds it gets old. For short trips, I'd rather go to Northern Saskatchewan in the summer camping. The food is just as good.

We are into warm sandy beaches.

Anonymous

How long do you stay each time you and your wife go there Superchecker?

It seems Las Vegas is a destination people visit for a few days.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We generally stay 4 nights now. 3 nights is too short; 5 is too long.
<t></t>

Anonymous

I agree. Four nights is just right.

Anonymous

I heard Las Vegas is an unhealthy place because people overindulge.

Superchecker

I can tell.

It's not what the old lady and I want from a holiday. Once you've seen the sights and sounds it gets old. For short trips, I'd rather go to Northern Saskatchewan in the summer camping. The food is just as good.

We've enjoyed 6 cruises in 20 years; 4 trips to Disneyland, no kids! Countless road trips around British Columbia (Prince George; the Okanagan; the Kootenay's; Fanny Bay, Victoria, Whistler, Cache Creek); and trips to Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary, Bellingham, Marysville...

As a kid I visited Waikiki, San Francisco, Reno, Universal studios, Bend Oregon. Oh, and Toronto/Brantford.
<t></t>

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"I heard Las Vegas is an unhealthy place because people overindulge.

Well, there are lots to see, do, and enjoy... Everything is larger than life down there.

Incredible choice in dining options.

Many gamble, some don't. Free drinks while gambling!

Lots of shows and attractions.

Outlet shopping, high end fashions...

My advice: avoid the hot summer, can get into the mid 40's Celsius.
<t></t>

Anonymous

I can tell.

We've enjoyed 6 cruises in 20 years; 4 trips to Disneyland, no kids! Countless road trips around British Columbia (Prince George; the Okanagan; the Kootenay's; Fanny Bay, Victoria, Whistler, Cache Creek); and trips to Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary, Bellingham, Marysville...

As a kid I visited Waikiki, San Francisco, Reno, Universal studios, Bend Oregon.

Living on a farm here in God's country(Saskatchewan), few places offer the things  to do  that I can do right here. I have rifles for goshers and badgers. I have an ATV. The old lady has a horse. We grow or raise most of our summer food. It's close to  paradise.

But, it gets frickin cold here in the winter and we go to tropical locales every spring after the winter drilling season.

Anonymous

I can tell.

As a kid I visited Waikiki, San Francisco, Reno, Universal studios, Bend Oregon. Oh, and Toronto/Brantford.

We've been to Disneyland and Universal Studios..

Where did you go on your cruises?

How long do they last?

Superchecker

We've been to Disneyland and Universal Studios..

Where did you go on your cruises?

How long do they last?

We did the week long Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon;

Have done 4 of the short 3 night cruises between Vancouver and Los Angeles;

And this past May a 12 night British Isle cruise to Guernsey, Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Loch Ness, Edinburgh and France!
<t></t>

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.

Yea it's pretty messed up, and kinda ironic that the greedy cash grabbing government is mainly responsible for letting all this happen.

In your opinion Zetsu, are most people in Hong Kong aware of this?

That's a good question tbh, I believe most realize it, though maybe not as familiar as my brother since he used to be a social worker in a non-profit Christian organization in Hong Kong.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.

Yea it's pretty messed up, and kinda ironic that the greedy cash grabbing government is mainly responsible for letting all this happen.

In your opinion Zetsu, are most people in Hong Kong aware of this?

That's a good question tbh, I believe most realize it, though maybe not as familiar as my brother since he used to be a social worker in a non-profit Christian organization in Hong Kong.

There has been a lot resentment against the government of Hong Kong since repatriation twenty years ago. The housing crisis just intensifies that feeling.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

Do you like warm tropical beach destinations Zetsu?

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.

Internet access in the bush? Good luck finding that.

I was mostly joking, but this has always been my dream, living in a deserted tropical island with a online PC, lol.  With mobile data plans and internet satellite equipment these days I dun see how it's not possible.

I will be living in a tropical paradise in six and a half years. I can hardly wait to get the heck out of here.

Lol it's funny how we always have such similar opinions and interests, would be cool browsing on the web, playing some online games, then strolling on the beach and going for a swim in the afternoon.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker