News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

Do you like warm tropical beach destinations Zetsu?

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.

Internet access in the bush? Good luck finding that.

I was mostly joking, but this has always been my dream, living in a deserted tropical island with a online PC, lol.  With mobile data plans and internet satellite equipment these days I dun see how it's not possible.

I will be living in a tropical paradise in six and a half years. I can hardly wait to get the heck out of here.

Lol it's funny how we always have such similar opinions and interests, would be cool browsing on the web, playing some online games, then strolling on the beach and going for a swim in the afternoon.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

I sure do, as long as it's not too congest with people, along with a computer with internet access in the wilderness is a huge bonus, lol.

I was mostly joking, but this has always been my dream, living in a deserted tropical island with a online PC, lol.  With mobile data plans and internet satellite equipment these days I dun see how it's not possible.

I will be living in a tropical paradise in six and a half years. I can hardly wait to get the heck out of here.

Lol it's funny how we always have such similar opinions and interests, would be cool browsing on the web, playing some online games, then strolling on the beach and going for a swim in the afternoon.  ac_cool

It seems to be the dream for many people Zetsu.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"

I know exactly what ya mean.  ac_cool  Been to a few camp sights just a few hours away from Toronto and couldn't believe how huge they were with so little people.  Just put the ones in Hong Kong into shame, the whole place just looks like a clutter refugee camp.

I actually pack a backpack, hike a couple miles up a trail, and no one is around me for miles lol.

Backpack camping is always cool, I remember going a few times with my brother and his friends but we always bring too much people and there's always a lagger or uneven distribution of stuff we have to carry, and someone would always complain, lol.

Anonymous

I know exactly what ya mean.  ac_cool  Been to a few camp sights just a few hours away from Toronto and couldn't believe how huge they were with so little people.  Just put the ones in Hong Kong into shame, the whole place just looks like a clutter refugee camp.

I actually pack a backpack, hike a couple miles up a trail, and no one is around me for miles lol.

Backpack camping is always cool, I remember going a few times with my brother and his friends but we always bring too much people and there's always a lagger or uneven distribution of stuff we have to carry, and someone would always complain, lol.

The older you get the more stuff you need to bring. Backpacking is no longer an option.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Sadly the problem is Hongkong's greedy government also has been taking advantage of the high property prices to make most of their profit, since income taxes only caps at 12% if the income earner has parents or family members to look after, b/c of the low tax system the government look towards selling property to make most of their money.  But imo even without selling property I think the government can still remain it's status as one of the richest in the world.  Considering they don't have to fund CCP's military or support any other geographical projects outside of HK thanks to their SAR status.

So you're saying the SAR government needs to make up for the shortfall in revenue by selling property to the highest bidder?

Yea, they mainly make money by selling new land, collecting property taxes, and keep driving up property cost, then they repurchase the old districts, rebuild them and resell them at a higher price, then people buy it and resell it at another higher price.  Somehow this bubble just never pops.

It's unconscionable that the government of Hong Kong would participate in a scheme that pushes so many people into poverty.

Yea it's pretty messed up, and kinda ironic that the greedy cash grabbing government is mainly responsible for letting all this happen.

In your opinion Zetsu, are most people in Hong Kong aware of this?

That's a good question tbh, I believe most realize it, though maybe not as familiar as my brother since he used to be a social worker in a non-profit Christian organization in Hong Kong.

There has been a lot resentment against the government of Hong Kong since repatriation twenty years ago. The housing crisis just intensifies that feeling.

Sadly what you say is very true, the current government in Hong Kong is just another lap dog of the mainland Chinese government, but it's too late, nor could they prevent it from the beginning.  It might not be wise for the locals to keep protesting against the mainland and both governments, considering there's many options for CCP to screw Hongkong over and over again and crush them like bugs when they're in the mood to do so.

Zetsu

It seems to be the dream for many people Zetsu.

Lol yea, I almost forgot most White ppl always buy into these paradise, eastern religions, Dalai lama, zen stuff, etc while Asians are more geared towards making money, housing, shopping, city life, etc.

Zetsu

The older you get the more stuff you need to bring. Backpacking is no longer an option.

But drive in camping is still a lot of fun, tbh I enjoy drive in more than backpacking since it's always easier and more relaxing, and you can always bring in tons of wonderful food to bbq, lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"That's

But drive in camping is still a lot of fun, tbh I enjoy drive in more than backpacking since it's always easier and more relaxing, and you can always bring in tons of wonderful food to bbq, lol.

That's what we do Zetsu..

We have an rv.

Anonymous

Sadly what you say is very true, the current government in Hong Kong is just another lap dog of the mainland Chinese government, but it's too late, nor could they prevent it from the beginning.  It might not be wise for the locals to keep protesting against the mainland and both governments, considering there's many options for CCP to screw Hongkong over and over again and crush them like bugs when they're in the mood to do so.

I want Taiwan to formalize our independence from China by changing our name from the Republic of China to Republic of Taiawan..

You just gave a good reason why one country, two systems is a joke.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"Where did you go on your cruises?

How long do they last?

One of most memorable/fun adventures was our 10th anniversary trip back in 2007: a 3 night cruise down to LA; 3 nights in Disneyland, and then 3 nights in Vegas, including the Celine Dion concert. Then the flight home. Wonderful trip!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Where did you go on your cruises?

How long do they last?

One of most memorable/fun adventures was our 10th anniversary trip back in 2007: a 3 night cruise down to LA; 3 nights in Disneyland, and then 3 nights in Vegas, including the Celine Dion concert. Then the flight home. Wonderful trip!

A cruise along the West coast. :thumbup:

Blazor

Thats one of the reasons I go by myself so often  :laugh:

Less people and less complainers, plus less to carry  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Feels like Im slowly getting older, but Im still gonna go til I cant  ac_drinks

My dad, when he use to go, would LOAD his vehicle, for a campground spot. I always hated taking a ton of stuff. Takes up too much time packing, loading, etc.

Blazor

Lol yea, I almost forgot most White ppl always buy into these paradise, eastern religions, Dalai lama, zen stuff, etc while Asians are more geared towards making money, housing, shopping, city life, etc.

I never would of really thought that! I have been getting into Buddhism lately lol.

Anonymous

I never would of really thought that! I have been getting into Buddhism lately lol.

There's some truth to what Zetsu said. Not in my case though.