News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Happy Friday! What does Friday mean to you?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 05:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Good morning! Just waking up here. I try to enjoy Fri-Sat off most weeks. So, Friday is my chores day.

Try to sleep in an extra hour or so; drive the Mrs to work; do some banking, laundry, vacuuming, take out the garbage and recycling, grocery shopping, liquor store run, maybe get caught up on some shows I've recorded, and then make, or pick up, dinner... Occasionally lunch out with an old buddy or friend.

What does Friday mean to you?
<t></t>

Anonymous

I work today..

Grocery shopping after work..

Meal planning tonight for the week..

Saturday is my busy day with volunteering, and house work.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"I work today..

We have to get into the habit of weekly meal planning.

Do you ever get any days just to relax, and do next to nothing?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

We have to get into the habit of weekly moral planning.

Moral planning?

Except for vacation days, I don't have the luxury of doing nothing.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We have to get into the habit of weekly meal planning.

Moral planning?

Except for vacation days, I don't have the luxury of doing nothing.

meal planning. Bloody spell check. Thought I corrected it twice!
<t></t>

Anonymous

I work a full day today too. I'm going to my girlfriend's condo for supper.  Tomorrow is my fun day.  Sleep in, get together at someone's house  and cocktails.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"I work a full day today too. I'm going to my girlfriend's condo for supper.  Tomorrow is my fun day.  Sleep in, get together at someone's house  and cocktails.

Cool!
<t></t>

shin

To me, Friday means I can sleep a little later the next morning, but I usually don't do so until Sunday.

Anonymous

I have no concept of a traditional weekend. I'm on call for a trip this afternoon.

Superchecker

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have no concept of a traditional weekend. I'm on call for a trip this afternoon.

When was the last time you enjoyed 2 days off?
<t></t>

Blazor

Friday is the end of the work week for me, but then I get into "to do" mode. Kinda like what you said Super, but after working all day lol. I go to the bank, pay some bills, pick up some booze, exercise, make dinner, make a menu and grocery list, and either clean house some or grocery shop. Whatever dont get done that night carries over to Saturday morning. Then usually do other to do things on my list. Saturday night is my fun night and I stay up late, Sunday I sleep in and try and do relaxing stuff.

Tonight though Im doing some to do stuff, then decorating my gf's place for a Halloween bday party tomorrow.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have no concept of a traditional weekend. I'm on call for a trip this afternoon.

When was the last time you enjoyed 2 days off?

We can book 24 hours rest after trip and I often do. If I want to go hard I can be miled out by the third week of the monrh with a week off until the start of the new month.

cc

An unconventional but great lifestyle for us - Friday is just a day on the calendar.

My (our) schedule is 100% unpredictable. Our software is very expensive  and encounters little cost on our end now that program is built and complete. Initially creating it was of course a couple of hard years of work. Also we have clients potentially in any time zone. Thus I work when there is work to do and take time off when there is none. Have always believed that one treats paying, or potential paying clients as well as we can.

When a potential client contacts us they get a call and trial version of our software no matter what the time is. If they want an hour or more of our standard tutoring (by phone) at any time day of night  they get it

Extreme "nice surprise" example was last Saturday afternoon.We planned on going out mid afternoon when a California Civil Engineer called because  had a fast track  project to be in to the local City by Monday and realised that he needed precise analysis software to get it done.

Foe example, got a call Sat 1 pm (he didn't think he would get anyone in but tried anyhow on the long chance we might answer).

We discussed his project, I assured him our software would do it and he made the online purchase (3,000 US$) while we were still on the phone. No trail version, just paid and got to work.

Next we gave him download link, then  an 1 1/2 hour tutoring.

Still got to go out, only a bit later and extra special dinner in light of new and unexpected cash.

That night and Sunday morning short calls to provide him needed service .. .things not fully covered in first g oround

He got his project in Monday morning and called to tell us it was stamped "accepted" on first submission. A rare thing, usually they get "generally OK, along with orders to supply more data"

I was so proud we could assist him in such a tight situation, and we made  good  and totally unexpected moolah . Took Monday off

Further this client was bright (fast learner) personable  and quite funny at times.

You needn't guess what his name implied and how diverse I really am  :laugh:

We are lucky to have such a good situation. We do like our lifestyle. Get lots of unscheduled free time and meet many diverse extremely bright personable people (from N Carolina accent one day, to Texas accent to California to New York and everywhere in between, usually but not always from all parts of the US.

While we get lots of time to ourselves overall. The only downside is that we act according to client's needs, but we know that and don't let it be a negative
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"An unconventional but great lifestyle for us - Friday is just a day on the calendar.

My (our) schedule is 100% unpredictable. Our software is very expensive  and encounters little cost on our end now that program is built and complete. Initially creating it was of course a couple of hard years of work. Also we have clients potentially in any time zone. Thus I work when there is work to do and take time off when there is none. Have always believed that one treats paying, or potential paying clients as well as we can.

When a potential client contacts us they get a call and trial version of our software no matter what the time is. If they want an hour or more of our standard tutoring (by phone) at any time day of night  they get it

Extreme "nice surprise" example was last Saturday afternoon.We planned on going out mid afternoon when a California Civil Engineer called because  had a fast track  project to be in to the local City by Monday and realised that he needed precise analysis software to get it done.

Foe example, got a call Sat 1 pm (he didn't think he would get anyone in but tried anyhow on the long chance we might answer).

We discussed his project, I assured him our software would do it and he made the online purchase (3,000 US$) while we were still on the phone. No trail version, just paid and got to work.

Next we gave him download link, then  an 1 1/2 hour tutoring.

Still got to go out, only a bit later and extra special dinner in light of new and unexpected cash.

That night and Sunday morning short calls to provide him needed service .. .things not fully covered in first g oround

He got his project in Monday morning and called to tell us it was stamped "accepted" on first submission. A rare thing, usually they get "generally OK, along with orders to supply more data"

I was so proud we could assist him in such a tight situation, and we made  good  and totally unexpected moolah . Took Monday off

Further this client was bright (fast learner) personable  and quite funny at times.

You needn't guess what his name implied and how diverse I really am  :laugh:

We are lucky to have such a good situation. We do like our lifestyle. Get lots of unscheduled free time and meet many diverse extremely bright personable people (from N Carolina accent one day, to Texas accent to California to New York and everywhere in between, usually but not always from all parts of the US.

While we get lots of time to ourselves overall. The only downside is that we act according to client's needs, but we know that and don't let it be a negative

That's standard for most business owners I'd say. Your schedule is set around your customer's needs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Good morning! Just waking up here. I try to enjoy Fri-Sat off most weeks. So, Friday is my chores day.

Try to sleep in an extra hour or so; drive the Mrs to work; do some banking, laundry, vacuuming, take out the garbage and recycling, grocery shopping, liquor store run, maybe get caught up on some shows I've recorded, and then make, or pick up, dinner... Occasionally lunch out with an old buddy or friend.

What does Friday mean to you?

I farm from April to November. December to the end of March I'm supervising oilwell drilling and servicing operations.

Friday holds no significance for me at anytime of the year.