Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How much is gas in your region?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 06:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Fuel here in Greater Vancouver is probably the most expensive in North America.

Most of it is taxes.

I don't know exactly what I get in return from these taxes...  The roads in Washington State aren't that much worse, and they pay much less.

And here's the kicker...  My business is earning the LOWEST rates in Canada, for the highest costs, including Diesel.  Mass immigration will do that...  And do NOT think your business is immune, should you own one also.

If they cannot outsource the work, they'll insource the cheap labour...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Fuel here in Greater Vancouver is probably the most expensive in North America.

Most of it is taxes.

I don't know exactly what I get in return from these taxes...  The roads in Washington State aren't that much worse, and they pay much less.

And here's the kicker...  My business is earning the LOWEST rates in Canada, for the highest costs, including Diesel.  Mass immigration will do that...  And do NOT think your business is immune, should you own one also.

If they cannot outsource the work, they'll insource the cheap labour...

I used to believe carbon taxes and fuel taxes did some good for the environment, but in reality all they do is lower living standards for working people and provide a revenue stream for the governments that impose.

:negative:

Odinson

Berry Sweet

Its been been about 140 for the last week.  

I believe the price of gas and icbc rates have gone up because they took the toll off the port mann and golden ears bridge...they have to get the money from somewhere...I presume property tax will also go up.

Berry Sweet

I saw a guy last night while we walking home from trick or treating...he was filling up his car with a huge Jerrycan...wondered where he got his gas from?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Its been been about 140 for the last week.  

I believe the price of gas and icbc rates have gone up because they took the toll off the port mann and golden ears bridge...they have to get the money from somewhere...I presume property tax will also go up.

This thread reminds me that I have to buy fuel tomorrow.

Berry Sweet

Dont worry Fashy...gas price tomorrow will be the same as today...they keep saying gas is going to shoot up as mjch as they've been saying its going to snow here... :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Dont worry Fashy...gas price tomorrow will be the same as today...they keep saying gas is going to shoot up as mjch as they've been saying its going to snow here... :laugh3:

It's $105.9 at the Costco we shop at.

Berry Sweet

If its 140 reg here costco would be a wopping 135.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Dont worry Fashy...gas price tomorrow will be the same as today...they keep saying gas is going to shoot up as mjch as they've been saying its going to snow here... :laugh3:

It's $105.9 at the Costco we shop at.

It says 97.4 at the one near me. It's a fucking zoo, so I avoid it.

Superchecker

<t></t>

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Most of it is taxes.

That is an understatement...

Its almost nothing but taxes/fees.

Anonymous

Gasoline is quite a bit higher this week.

Anonymous

Superchecker

<t></t>