News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Serious: How soon will driverless vehicles be widely in use?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 08:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Any idea how soon driverless vehicles will be widely in use in major Canadian cities?

10 years?

25 years?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Any idea how soon driverless vehicles will be widely in use in major Canadian cities?

10 years?

25 years?

I'm 48 and I don"t expect it to be the majority of vehicles in my lifetime.

cc

I don't. In fact I don't expect them to  ever be safe enough to take off. Hacking alone along with other on board failures will rule them out

just like the Firebird experimentals with economical high efficiency turbine power that seemed a great idea at the time, lol
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I don't. In fact I don't expect them to  ever be safe enough to take off. Hacking alone along with other on board failures will rule them out

just like the Firebird experimentals with economical high efficiency turbine power that seemed a great idea at the time, lol

I can't imagine being comfortable enough to ride in a driverless vehicle on a 110 km per hour highway.

:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I don't. In fact I don't expect them to  ever be safe enough to take off. Hacking alone along with other on board failures will rule them out

I don't see this being as widespread as people think. The personal vehicle aint going away just yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Any idea how soon driverless vehicles will be widely in use in major Canadian cities?

10 years?

25 years?

NO!

Anonymous

If nobody has a car anymore where would all these vehicles be stored while waiting to be called for rides to work and so on?

Berry Sweet

I think its stupid they are trying to go so far as to build robots that will do basically everything.  Drive cars, cook, whatever the fuck.  Whats the reason for living if they want robots to replace everything?  

Personally I thin they should get rid of all vehicles.  Start building cities around trains and electric trains to service less busier areas.  This world is so selfish.  All this just for money.  Build robots so they don't have to pay humans a decent wage to work.  It's all about greed.  This world is more than able to feed everyone on it, educate everyone it, give a job with a decent pay for everyone on it...we able to build homes for everyone and involve everyone...is way beyond possible...but, greed steps in...

Many people so badly want this and want that...they want stupid things...and not because they want them, but because they want to fit in and pretend they are top of the food chain.  Look at all the stupid people running out to buy the new iphone, the fuckin thing is $1,000 like wtf?  its not even worth that, it'll be garbage in 2 years.  They all want nice top of the line vehicles, expencive name brand clothes, lavish trips, bullshit this bullshit that...funny to actually majority of people can't even afford all of this...they are racking up their credits to the max just to LOOK a certain way.  Why the hell anyone would want to live like that is beyond me.  I'm a simpleton and I enjoy it that way...I do like to have nice things sometimes BUT everything in moderation.  I must be one of the very few who doesn't care about materialistic shit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Personally I thin they should get rid of all vehicles.  Start building cities around trains and electric trains to service less busier areas.  This world is so selfish.  All this just for money.

Having wheels is  mobility and freedom.

This multi trillion dollar plan of yours might work if everyone lived in apartment buildings, worked in centralized offices and worked office hours, but they don't.

In a resource rich  economy like Canada's  people need to get to remote areas and work odd hours. We are not Japan or Korea.

Berry Sweet

A better world can be done for everyone if you take the greed out of the equation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"A better world can be done for everyone if you take the greed out of the equation.

Where is this  greed you keep referring to?  People that own detached houses vehicles?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"A better world can be done for everyone if you take the greed out of the equation.

Where is this  greed you keep referring to?  People that own detached houses vehicles?

I doubt she meant that. But, I wonder who she thinks is being greedy too?

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im talking about the world as a whole...

Everybody in the world wants  the same  things. A good career, a decent home, two cars, a good education for their kids and good health. Nothing greedy about any of that.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im talking about the world as a whole...

Everybody in the world wants  the same  things. A good career, a decent home, two cars, a good education for their kids and good health. Nothing greedy about any of that.

Yes.  We all need help to get there and many dont have it.  When people stop loving themselves and start caring for others, animals, the environment and the earth...much better can go forward.