News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Serious: How soon will driverless vehicles be widely in use?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 08:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im talking about the world as a whole...

Everybody in the world wants  the same  things. A good career, a decent home, two cars, a good education for their kids and good health. Nothing greedy about any of that.

Yes.  We all need help to get there and many dont have it.  When people stop loving themselves and start caring for others, animals, the environment and the earth...much better can go forward.

I think we do all those things a lot better now than at any time in history.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im talking about the world as a whole...

Everybody in the world wants  the same  things. A good career, a decent home, two cars, a good education for their kids and good health. Nothing greedy about any of that.

Yes.  We all need help to get there and many dont have it.  When people stop loving themselves and start caring for others, animals, the environment and the earth...much better can go forward.

I think we do all those things a lot better now than at any time in history.

We do, but we also have a lot more people than ever before.

Anonymous

Two men were killed over the weekend in Texas when a driverless Tesla vehicle slammed into a tree and burst into flames, police said.

cc

True - Here's more on it - These things can burn like no others .. & crash

Two Die In Texas After Tesla On Auto-Pilot Crashes Into Tree & Starts Massive 4-Hour Fire That Took 32,000 GALLONS Of Water To Extinguish

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Tesla.jpg">

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408834 time=1618857963 user_id=88

Two Die In Texas After Tesla On Auto-Pilot Crashes Into Tree & Starts Massive 4-Hour Fire That Took 32,000 GALLONS Of Water To Extinguish

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside.

We won't be seeing driverless vehicles anytime soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=408835 time=1618859780 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=408834 time=1618857963 user_id=88

We won't be seeing driverless vehicles anytime soon.

That's a relief.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=216392 time=1509484829 user_id=164
I think its stupid they are trying to go so far as to build robots that will do basically everything.  Drive cars, cook, whatever the fuck.  Whats the reason for living if they want robots to replace everything?  

Personally I thin they should get rid of all vehicles.  Start building cities around trains and electric trains to service less busier areas.  This world is so selfish.  All this just for money.  Build robots so they don't have to pay humans a decent wage to work.  It's all about greed.  This world is more than able to feed everyone on it, educate everyone it, give a job with a decent pay for everyone on it...we able to build homes for everyone and involve everyone...is way beyond possible...but, greed steps in...

Many people so badly want this and want that...they want stupid things...and not because they want them, but because they want to fit in and pretend they are top of the food chain.  Look at all the stupid people running out to buy the new iphone, the fuckin thing is $1,000 like wtf?  its not even worth that, it'll be garbage in 2 years.  They all want nice top of the line vehicles, expencive name brand clothes, lavish trips, bullshit this bullshit that...funny to actually majority of people can't even afford all of this...they are racking up their credits to the max just to LOOK a certain way.  Why the hell anyone would want to live like that is beyond me.  I'm a simpleton and I enjoy it that way...I do like to have nice things sometimes BUT everything in moderation.  I must be one of the very few who doesn't care about materialistic shit.

Nothing wrong with having a strong desire/drive to work for what you want.

If you really want to stop greed, it'd make more sense to get everyone to pay the same amount of tax each year, replace minimum wage with market wages instead, and abolished welfare, public housing and food banks since the recipients never worked for it in the first place.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tesla-no-one-drivers-seat-wrecks-burst-flames-kills-two-men">HTSA, NTSB To Probe Deadly Tesla Model S Crash With No Driver

NTSB also said their "investigation would focus on the vehicle's operation and the post-crash fire. NTSB investigators will arrive in the area later this afternoon."

Meanwhile we continue to hear nary a word from the NHTSA regarding the potential (mis)use of Tesla's Autopilot features. Perhaps when the family member of someone close to the agency, or congress, is involved, the agency will change its tune. Until then, they show no signs of being sweet on Elon Musk and letting him continue to beta test whatever features he likes on normal roads.

Tesla Deaths - https://www.tesladeaths.com/">https://www.tesladeaths.com/

An updated record of Tesla fatalities and Tesla accident deaths that have been reported and as much related crash data as possible (e.g. location of crash, names of deceased, etc.). This sheet also tallies claimed and confirmed Tesla autopilot crashes, i.e. instances when Autopilot was activated during a Tesla crash that resulted in death. Read our other sheets for additional data and analysis on vehicle miles traveled, links and analysis comparing Musk's safety claims, and more.

Bricktop

"Driverless Vehicles" have a big problem when considering the legality surrounding them.

I don't know about other countries, but "driverless" vehicles in Australia must be occupied by a driver (which rather challenges the whole concept) who must be seated in the driving position and maintains due care and diligence at all times.

In the event of a collision, determining fault and cause becomes murky. Car manufacturers will claim user error. Owners will claim the vehicle was faulty.

It is hard to envisage a communal transport system based on autonomous vehicles, independently operated by individual computers. These vehicles MUST be fitted with operating recorders so that the reasons for collisions and malfunctions can be determined. The legal mire that THIS requirement creates is a major headache.

It is unlikely that governments will have the initiative or resources to facilitate this technology on a global scale.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408857 time=1618879640 user_id=1560
"Driverless Vehicles" have a big problem when considering the legality surrounding them.

I don't know about other countries, but "driverless" vehicles in Australia must be occupied by a driver (which rather challenges the whole concept) who must be seated in the driving position and maintains due care and diligence at all times.

In the event of a collision, determining fault and cause becomes murky. Car manufacturers will claim user error. Owners will claim the vehicle was faulty.

It is hard to envisage a communal transport system based on autonomous vehicles, independently operated by individual computers. These vehicles MUST be fitted with operating recorders so that the reasons for collisions and malfunctions can be determined. The legal mire that THIS requirement creates is a major headache.

It is unlikely that governments will have the initiative or resources to facilitate this technology on a global scale.

Liability is an obstacle for driverless vehicles.

cc

Yes. I'm amazed they make them at all. Maker is setting self up for a fall ... or rather, falls

Bricktop

There are further complications, viz;

Will you need a drivers licence to operate an automated vehicle?

Will the automated vehicle be able to respond to ALL road hazards and conditions. If not, how quickly will it transfer control to a passenger?

If the vehicle is detected committing an offence, will the operator in charge be liable? At what point does liability move between vehicle and the human operator?

At what point is control of the car deemed to be in the operators hands?

Will automated cars cost more to insure?

What benefit do automated vehicles provide over the current system of road transport?

Who owns the data recorder that each vehicle will be fitted with? Can law enforcement officials seize the data for accidents or traffic breaches?

There are many other questions regarding this issue. But in my view the main one is "what is the point of these robotic transportation devices"?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...