News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Serious: How soon will driverless vehicles be widely in use?

Started by Superchecker, October 27, 2017, 08:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408874 time=1618901006 user_id=1560
There are further complications, viz;

Will you need a drivers licence to operate an automated vehicle?

Will the automated vehicle be able to respond to ALL road hazards and conditions. If not, how quickly will it transfer control to a passenger?

If the vehicle is detected committing an offence, will the operator in charge be liable? At what point does liability move between vehicle and the human operator?

At what point is control of the car deemed to be in the operators hands?

Will automated cars cost more to insure?

What benefit do automated vehicles provide over the current system of road transport?

Who owns the data recorder that each vehicle will be fitted with? Can law enforcement officials seize the data for accidents or traffic breaches?

There are many other questions regarding this issue. But in my view the main one is "what is the point of these robotic transportation devices"?

Good points.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408874 time=1618901006 user_id=1560
There are further complications, viz; ...................  the main one is "what is the point of these robotic transportation devices"?

Exactly. There is no point
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Driverless vehicles are even more lethal than vehicles with Orientals behind the wheel. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=408917 time=1618947701 user_id=2015
Driverless vehicles are even more lethal than vehicles with Orientals behind the wheel. :laugh3:

Especially Shen Li

Bricktop

cc

:empathy:

:roll:

Now imagine a driverless car with an Oriental female in the driver seat  :shock: ........................  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408926 time=1618968125 user_id=88
:empathy:

:roll:

Now imagine a driverless car with an Oriental female in the driver seat  :shock: ........................  ac_smile

Let's just say I do the driving when I am out with the old lady.

Frood

:laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

cc

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/logistics-hell-tesla-stuck-20000-cars-mysterious-factory-hold-fremont">Logistics Hell: Tesla Is "Stuck" With Up To 20,000 Cars On Mysterious "Factory Hold" In Fremont

And in addition to having to deal with the entire country of China's disapproval, on top of Ford's new electric pickup being featured by and driven in by the President of the United States, and having to deal with a continued slew of neverending mysterious accidents involving Teslas, all while dealing with the wrath of the bitcoin community, it appears Tesla is once again back in logistics hell.

Model 3 and Model Y vehicles are being put on a containment hold, but the reason why is unclear. Sources close to the company have speculated that "an unknown part" is missing, the report says. Regardless, the hold means that the vehicles cannot be delivered.

The report also notes that up to 20,000 vehicles could be affected and that the number "could go up" as there was "no known fixes nor a timeline for a fix" as of early this week.

One of the better parts of electrek's analysis, however, wasn't just the obviously leaked excuse from the company. It was the blog's "best case scenario" as a result of the bottleneck:

"The way I see it, the best case scenario is a massive logistical nightmare on top of the end-of-the-quarter push," editor Fred Lambert wrote.

cc

Now think of a driverless vehicle with an Oriental in the driver's seat  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408834 time=1618857963 user_id=88
True - Here's more on it - These things can burn like no others .. & crash

Two Die In Texas After Tesla On Auto-Pilot Crashes Into Tree & Starts Massive 4-Hour Fire That Took 32,000 GALLONS Of Water To Extinguish

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Tesla.jpg">

The fully-electric 2019 Tesla Model S slammed into the tree in Carlton Woods at around 11.25pm on Saturday night before bursting into flames with the passengers still inside.

:ohmy: