News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Do you put up a Christmas tree? How early?

Started by Superchecker, November 03, 2017, 07:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

Do you put up a Christmas tree? How early/soon?
<t></t>

Berry Sweet

Yes.  I normally make my own tree, something different and creative every year but its getting to be too much work.  I bought a 7 foot xmas tree last year on serious sale in sept sp that will go up this year...lights included.

I generally put it up 1st to 2nd week into december and take it down the day after new years.  I also have an old diego train and track I put around the tree..toot toot!

realgrimm

I just don't bother with it, been about 10 years now I told any remaining family to forget about it it's just stupid religious brainwashing customary consumerism traditions

Anonymous

We put up our artificial tree we've had for four years around Grey Cup weekend.

Anonymous

We also have an artificial tree we bought from Walmart..

I will put up our tree and turn on our outside lights December 1.

cc

Some years ago, we all got together at the inlaws (or was it outlaws?) on Christmas eve.

My previous mate's dad took pride in going out after 8 pm and getting a half price fire-sale tree.

Then we would all decorate it as a really neat part of the eve get together, usually finishing around midnight

It made for a fun evening as the 25th drew near and sure kept the meaning of Christmas in our minds
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"We all got together at the inlaws (or was it outlaws?) . My previous mate's dad took pride in going out about 8 pm and getting a half price fire-sale tree.

Then we would decorate it as a really neat part of the eve get together

It made for a fun evening as the 25th drew near and sure kept the meaning of Christmas in our minds

Since I've been married, I never wanted to wait..

I love the season and I want to make it last as long as possible.

Blazor

I usually get a pine tree, I like those more than frasiers. Been trying to get away from getting them since my son is older, but he insists on us getting one still lol, so I do. We normally get one at the country store. He still likes to go every year, cause he knows he gets 2 bags of homemade candy and a glass bottle soda. Also they use to have hot apple cider to sip on while we walked around, but havent the last couple times. I usually wait til after the first week of December to get one since his birthday is that week too.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I usually get a pine tree, I like those more than frasiers. Been trying to get away from getting them since my son is older, but he insists on us getting one still lol, so I do. We normally get one at the country store. He still likes to go every year, cause he knows he gets 2 bags of homemade candy and a glass bottle soda. Also they use to have hot apple cider to sip on while we walked around, but havent the last couple times. I usually wait til after the first week of December to get one since his birthday is that week too.

How big is the town you live in Blazor..

There are places that sell cut trees in parking lots, but most people in my city have artificial trees.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Do you put up a Christmas tree? How early/soon?

First weekend in December.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

There are places that sell cut trees in parking lots, but most people in my city have artificial trees.

Its not HUGE like Seattle or anything, but still decent size. In Roanoke, the Star city. I live on the outskirts of it, and the country store is only 2 miles away lol. I used my aunt's artificial tree a couple years recently, and my son hated the fake, I did too to a degree. I like the smell of the pine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its not HUGE like Seattle or anything, but still decent size. In Roanoke, the Star city. I live on the outskirts of it, and the country store is only 2 miles away lol. I used my aunt's artificial tree a couple years recently, and my son hated the fake, I did too to a degree. I like the smell of the pine.

Get a pine scented aerosol can and avoid the fucking fire hazard.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Get a pine scented aerosol can and avoid the fucking fire hazard.

You sound like my mother in law! lol, fire hazard lol. Pine scented anything is nothing like the real thing.

I use the led lights, they are much cooler and aint as bad as the bulbs back in the day.

I remember one time when I was a kid, and my stepdad said we were going to get a tree. We climbed a hill and found one to chop down. Next thing ya know, some guy is hollering at us, turned out we were on his property  :laugh:

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3166bc6f806211b91a26badfcdfcd566/tumblr_oyvirn0BLg1ris16so1_540.jpg">

Blazor

:laugh:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d0f6918d379ffed7d9cbe5a74ed89922/tumblr_mgi44o09bg1rhi41do1_500.gif">