The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

My weekend starts right now!

Started by Superchecker, November 09, 2017, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

<t></t>

kiebers

Good for you. Wife is taking off tomorrow. We thawed a brisket and this morning I put the rub on it. Doing a whole brisket this time. We normally cut them in half. Going to start it early in the morning and slow cook it around 10-12 hours. We have friends coming over Saturday and will put out our typical brisket, potato salad and cowboy beans to chow down on. It is going to be good....I will take a few pics and post them.

Have a good one Sup....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Superchecker

Quote from: "kiebers"Good for you. Wife is taking off tomorrow. We thawed a brisket and this morning I put the rub on it. Doing a whole brisket this time. We normally cut them in half. Going to start it early in the morning and slow cook it around 10-12 hours. We have friends coming over Saturday and will put out our typical brisket, potato salad and cowboy beans to chow down on. It is going to be good....I will take a few pics and post them.

Have a good one Sup....

Cool!

You too!
<t></t>

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Good for you. Wife is taking off tomorrow. We thawed a brisket and this morning I put the rub on it. Doing a whole brisket this time. We normally cut them in half. Going to start it early in the morning and slow cook it around 10-12 hours. We have friends coming over Saturday and will put out our typical brisket, potato salad and cowboy beans to chow down on. It is going to be good....I will take a few pics and post them.

Have a good one Sup....

What temperature y'all dealing with down there? Gonna be cold here tomorrow. Sounds good though!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"

Have a good one Sup....

What temperature y'all dealing with down there? Gonna be cold here tomorrow. Sounds good though!

Supposed to be 49 in the morning but with it being sunny we will get to at least 70 if not higher. Perfect for cooking low and slow outside. Have to start the pit around 6 in the morning and should be able to get the brisket on by 6:15 or so. Going to try to find some green pecan wood in the morning at a wood place close by. Nothing quite like green wood to get a good smoke flavor. Good chance it will be a Bloody Mary morning......

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker":yahoo:

I remember you wrote that your weekend is Friday and Saturday.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Bricktop"But who will drive the bus???

There are over 3,000 bus drivers in the system....

Most get 2 days off each week, approx 20% enjoy three days off each week (they work 4 longer shifts to equal 5 standard shifts)
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Bricktop"But who will drive the bus???

There are over 3,000 bus drivers in the system....

Most get 2 days off each week, approx 20% enjoy three days off each week (they work 4 longer shifts to equal 5 standard shifts)

I remember iron horse jockey writing  that Canadian Pacific has a spareboard for junior conductors and locomotive engineers..

Does your transit company have that Superchecker?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I remember iron horse jockey writing  that Canadian Pacific has a spareboard for junior conductors and locomotive engineers..

Yes, we too have a spareboard. They cover any uncovered work. They choose their days off 4 times a year. They can go in and pick their next days work up until 3pm, or just be slotted in in seniority order by the depot staff.

One of the perks of spareboard is that they get first crack at overtime.
<t></t>

Bricktop

I had to drive a bus once, only a matter of 500 metres or so. It was cool. Amazingly maneuverable and smooth to control.

I was a police officer and the bus was caught up in a protest or something and the driver was told to leave for his own safety. We had to move the bus to a safe place.

In the end it was much ado about nothing. But the bus was fun!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, we too have a spareboard. They cover any uncovered work. They choose their days off 4 times a year. They can go in and pick their next days work up until 3pm, or just be slotted in in seniority order by the depot staff.

One of the perks of spareboard is that they get first crack at overtime.

I hope iron horse jockey sees this post and can compare it  with the railway industry.

Aryan

Weekend you say?  Time to break out the Jack Daniels or Grey Goose, and a big fat rock of coke.

:thumbup:

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Supposed to be 49 in the morning but with it being sunny we will get to at least 70 if not higher. Perfect for cooking low and slow outside. Have to start the pit around 6 in the morning and should be able to get the brisket on by 6:15 or so. Going to try to find some green pecan wood in the morning at a wood place close by. Nothing quite like green wood to get a good smoke flavor. Good chance it will be a Bloody Mary morning......

Sounds like a perfect day man  ac_drinks

Though I've never had a bloody mary lol. I may of tried a sip LONG ago. Im not much of a beer fan though, especially in the colder months. I like a cold cider beer in the summer. Mostly I like sippin my shine lol.

Gonna be 36 (*32) in the morning, high of 46 (*42), and a low of 22 (*19) tomorrow. (*denotes where I work)