News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Its abit late . Did ya all wear ya POPPY with PRIDE .

Started by IRISH KAM, November 23, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRISH KAM

LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Anonymous

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"LEST WE FORGET . ( THE GLORIOUS DEAD ) .

I did before and on November 11.

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Fashionista"

THANK U FASH .

todays liberals seem to forget , that if it wasnt for our Fallen in WW1 / WW11 , they wouldnt have free speech to spout all the Liberal LGBT nonsense .

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"

THANK U FASH .

todays liberals seem to forget , that if it wasnt for our Fallen in WW1 / WW11 , they wouldnt have free speech to spout all the Liberal LGBT nonsense .

It's the least we can do..

And the money one pays for poppies helps out veterans.

IRISH KAM

THANK U FASH .

It's the least we can do..

And the money one pays for poppies helps out veterans.
Hopefully it does .

Todays liberal Govts like ur TRUDEAU will probably tax the sale of Poppys .

Bricktop

Which is a nice myth, but simply not true. Whilst no disrespect is intended to those who donated their lives to two stupid wars, amongst others, personal liberties and freedoms up to and including those wars were not quite as progressive and enlightened as many people believe. The UK was still a deeply entrenched class society. Speaking out against the government, religion, the aristocracy and corporate moguls was deeply frowned upon.

Self expression was considerably repressed, women were largely second class citizens, children were treated as domesticated animals and many British people lived in relative squalor.

Take both wars. The British Government committed its people to war on both occasions without consultation, when not ONE shot was fired against British interests. Whilst it is arguable that Britain was or was not correct in entering the conflicts, it is equally arguable that, as British interests had not been threatened, they should have consulted with the people through a plebsiscite before sending them to die.

What we have in this day and age in terms of liberty and freedom has much more to do with the social revolutions of the 60's than the personal sacrifices of the soldiers who fought in the two great wars. True, the defeat of Hitler prevented the dominance of a totalitarian regime that would have repressed freedom of opposing political views, but many British felt, after wars end, that they were FAR from better off than before the war.

Remember the fallen.

But don't attribute our modern world to them alone. Much of what you enjoy was achieved not by war, but by passive rebellion.

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Remember the fallen.

But don't attribute our modern world to them alone. Much of what you enjoy was achieved not by war, but by passive rebellion.

Post the passive rebellion ya speak off ........

Bricktop

"The Sixties", as they are known in both scholarship and popular culture, is a term used by historians, journalists, and other objective academics; in some cases nostalgically to describe the counterculture and revolution in social norms about clothing, music, drugs, dress, sexuality, formalities, and schooling; and in others pejoratively to denounce the decade as one of irresponsible excess, flamboyance, and decay of social order. The decade was also labeled the Swinging Sixties because of the fall or relaxation of social taboos especially relating to racism and sexism that occurred during this time. Commentator Christopher Booker[4] described this era as a classical Jungian nightmare cycle, where a rigid culture, unable to contain the demands for greater individual freedom, broke free of the social constraints of the previous age through extreme deviation from the norm. He charts the rise, success, fall/nightmare and explosion in the London scene of the 1960s. Several Western nations such as the United States, United Kingdom, France, and West Germany turned to the political left in the early and mid-1960s."

Get back to me in a few months when you actually understand what that means.

Here's the link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960s">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960s

IRISH KAM

Bricktop

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh? You were there, then?

No

Was still in my Dad Nut sac .

Anonymous

The two world wars had a profound effect on the psyche of the West. This lead to sixties counterculture and to the spoiled millennials  today.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh? You were there, then?

No

Was still in my Dad Nut sac .

Then STFU talking about things you know nothing about.

We'd appreciate the total silence.

Angry White Male

I don't wear a Poppy, for personal reasons.

However, Brick has made some good statements in this thread that I agree with.

Read an article recently about how much plastic waste the fake poppies contribute, and I suppose with millions of them dumped in the trash every year...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't wear a Poppy, for personal reasons.

However, Brick has made some good statements in this thread that I agree with.

Read an article recently about how much plastic waste the fake poppies contribute, and I suppose with millions of them dumped in the trash every year...

It's the same thing with Keurig pods.