Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Do you mail out Christmas cards?

Started by Superchecker, November 24, 2017, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I can understand that happening. They are so similar and all

Same continent and all too. It's a perfectly understandable mistake.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Cards have been superceded by inexpensive international phone calls and social media.

Last year we Skyped our family in the UK. They were gathered together in London and we were all together here. Much nicer than sending a piece of cardboard.

And we got to see Warwick's new robot waiter destroy a tray of food.

But, what if they don't Skype or use facebook, snapchat or instagram?

Phone!!!

I'm 66.

There aren't a lot of older relatives left.

Angry White Male

I mail out Christmas cards.  Not too many, but to the few family and friends I have left around here get one.

Depending on who they are, I'll throw in a $10 Starbucks or McDonald's gift card in there also.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I mail out Christmas cards.  Not too many, but to the few family and friends I have left around here get one.

Depending on who they are, I'll throw in a $10 Starbucks or McDonald's gift card in there also.

That's what we do too Mel.

Blazor

I like doing photochop cards lol. I mostly do them for peeps bdays, but sometimes on Christmas too.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I like doing photochop cards lol. I mostly do them for peeps bdays, but sometimes on Christmas too.

They must love receiving them.

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"I like doing photochop cards lol. I mostly do them for peeps bdays, but sometimes on Christmas too.

They do lol. I've been told I need to make some money doing them for others. But I worry about copyright images and stuff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

They do lol. I've been told I need to make some money doing them for others. But I worry about copyright images and stuff.

Don't worry about it.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Don't worry about it.

I prolly could get away with it for the most part lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Don't worry about it.

I prolly could get away with it for the most part lol.

You will not get into trouble for that.

@realAzhyaAryola

I always wrote a newsletter. One year, I wrote it from the perspective of the family pet. It was fun writing that.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I always wrote a newsletter. One year, I wrote it from the perspective of the family pet. It was fun writing that.

That would be funny.

@realAzhyaAryola

It started like this, "Howdy. This year's newsletter falls on me, the family pet. Woohoo! I'm wagging my tail as I speak... [rolls eyes, sticks tongue out]" You get the picture.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Superchecker

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I always wrote a newsletter. One year, I wrote it from the perspective of the family pet. It was fun writing that.

Day 347 of my captivity.
<t></t>

Bricktop