The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Vroom Vrooms

Started by Bricktop, December 07, 2017, 01:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I've got my eye on this ute.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSITRcIeTABeWqPjJk7QfG609k8bsPSMIHW07P8jZiEVryYH6xQ50uk8us">

2018 Hi Lux

I always think of the Top Gear Hilux when I see them around and about.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Zetsu"https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4551/38987512692_e38fdf44ce_k.jpg">

2010 Honda Civic Type R, my first dream car.  ac_cool  Too bad it failed the Canadian safety test and had to settle with the civic hybrid sedan instead, lol.

It failed??? That sux. That thing is insane!!!

Sadly so, I'll dearly miss her 200 horse power engine and not to mention the design is timeless.  :sad:
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Apparently they would give my S2000 a real run for its money...

Frood

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I'm never getting an EV unless PV improves and can be integrated into the body.

Intergrated into the body??  PV do you mean petro vehicles?

Photovoltaic, solar.

But solar cars takes days to charge up, Dinky are you trying to say you dun like/want EVs?  lol So much hate on EV from everyone on this forum.

Until pv can be miniaturized and integrated into a vehicle so that I don't have to rely on regulated power grids, no thanks. Even then, I'd want a fossil fuel hybrid backup on board for when the sun doesn't shine.

Vehicles support freedom to move about. EV's reduce that freedom and feed it back to the State and Corporations.

They got our guns and our wages. They're coming for our vehicles.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Apparently they would give my S2000 a real run for its money...

But doesn't your S2000 have like 240 horse power, the type R might be fast but it's still just a entry level sports car when compared to the S2000 and the others.

Angry White Male

Australia wants too much control, it seems...

It's a barren fucking wasteland, most of it, and with that should come some freedom.

V8 cars, guns, and the ability to live freely, within reason...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I'm never getting an EV unless PV improves and can be integrated into the body.

Intergrated into the body??  PV do you mean petro vehicles?

Photovoltaic, solar.

But solar cars takes days to charge up, Dinky are you trying to say you dun like/want EVs?  lol So much hate on EV from everyone on this forum.

Until pv can be miniaturized and integrated into a vehicle so that I don't have to rely on regulated power grids, no thanks. Even then, I'd want a fossil fuel hybrid backup on board for when the sun doesn't shine.

Vehicles support freedom to move about. EV's reduce that freedom and feed it back to the State and Corporations.

They got our guns and our wages. They're coming for our vehicles.

Lol dun think solar cars will ever be a possibility, I like the idea of EV b/c it's just dirt cheap energy costing less than 1cent per km, plus as long as there's a wall with a power outlet the EV can be charged up.

Frood

You can have your EV slave cars.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"You can have your EV slave cars.

Lol how are they slave cars?  After watching this vid you might start liking EVs  :001_tongue:

">

Frood

Lol how are they slave cars?  After watching this vid you might start liking EVs  :001_tongue:

">

If you have to plug in, you're a slave to the grid and who controls it.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

">

But can we say the same for ICE are just another slave to the big oil companies?

Frood

">

But can we say the same for ICE are just another slave to the big oil companies?

Partly but nowhere near what an EV future would bring.

Besides, energy doesn't come from nothing. Industry would shift to fuel power plants and there is only going to be one fuel station, ie the grid, to buy from.

Bad idea.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

">

Partly but nowhere near what an EV future would bring.

Besides, energy doesn't come from nothing. Industry would shift to fuel power plants and there is only going to be one fuel station, ie the grid, to buy from.

Bad idea.

Lol I think you're worrying too much Dinky, with EVs costing only $1 or less per 100km of travel, I'm sure there's a limit how bad EV users can get exploited.  Plus not to mention you never ever have to worry about engine maintenance, filter or an oil change again, and most EVs can last for at least 20 years or drive over 1 million miles.

Frood

You think large multinational firms are going to embrace EV and migrate to power generation for an 80% drop in revenue while governments lose out on taxing the hell from petroleum pumps?

You think your non EV household electric bill is steep now, just wait.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Apparently they would give my S2000 a real run for its money...

But doesn't your S2000 have like 240 horse power, the type R might be fast but it's still just a entry level sports car when compared to the S2000 and the others.

I think the Type R has all wheel drive or something that makes it pretty potent around tracks. I really don't know how they'd go head to head, but they're both weapons.