Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

your Christmas traditions

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2017, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

We pick up my mother and my mother in law and attend a special fellowship service in the afternoon of December 24..

We all come back to our house for the evening where I put out my baking, cheese fondue and various finger foods..

While everyone is eating and talking, I am busy getting the meal prepared for tomorrow..

We take pictures collectively and individually around the tree and do the same in the morning..

We sometimes watch classic Christmas movies too..

How about you?

What are your Christmas traditions?

cc

My grandmother was Prussian.  She kept Prussian traditions and that meant an extra Christmas for us on the eve of the 24th when I was quite young

Legally blind, she always brought out a full size Santa suit and mask, stuffed it with paper and he sat there with mega presents for her only grandchild  ..  me me me   ac_smile

So many fond memories of that special and kind lady ... and Christmas was the best of all
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I head home as fast as I can and this year it will be early Saturday morning. The kid and his girlfriend come over and we have a mix of Ukrainian and Asian grub. Needless to say there's always lots of booze. Christmas Day we do up wild game or a turkey. This year it will be two moose roasts because my nephews got their moose draw.

Other than that, open gifts and scratch lottery tickets. December 26, the world juniors of hockey starts. December 27, it's back up North until the end of March.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"My grandmother was Prussian.  She kept Prussian traditions and that meant an extra Christmas for us on the eve of the 24th when I was quite young

Legally blind, she always brought out a full size Santa suit and mask, stuffed it with paper and he sat there with mega presents for her only grandchild  ..  me me me   ac_smile

So many fond memories of that special and kind lady ... and Christmas was the best of all

I knew you were a spoiled brat.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

We didn't celebrate Christmas when I lived in China. When we came to Canada, we quickly started celebrating it, but it was still a distant second banana to Chinese New Year. We liked the colours of the season. Similar to CNY. We put up a tree our first year in Canada. We would go out to eat on December 25. Sometimes buffet, sometimes Chinese.

Now, with Mommy living with me and sons of my own, we have a two part Christmas. We have a big feast at my place on the 24th. I take my sons over to my Daddys for a few hours Christmas morning and they open their gifts there. We come back to my place in the afternoon for a traditional buzzard and stuffing that Mommy prepares.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"We didn't celebrate Christmas when I lived in China. When we came to Canada, we quickly started celebrating it, but it was still a distant second banana to Chinese New Year. We liked the colours of the season. Similar to CNY. We put up a tree our first year in Canada. We would go out to eat on December 25. Sometimes buffet, sometimes Chinese.

Now, with Mommy living with me and sons of my own, we have a two part Christmas. We have a big feast at my place on the 24th. I take my sons over to my Daddys for a few hours Christmas morning and they open their gifts there. We come back to my place in the afternoon for a traditional buzzard and stuffing that Mommy prepares.

In some ways, Christmas through to lunar new year is one big long family get together for Chinese people in the West.

Bricktop

In Australia, we spend Xmas Eve in the pool, with beer.

Xmas morning, we have breakfast on the beach, with beer.

Lunch, we barbecue sausages and drink beer.

Then we hit the pool. With beer.

Dinner is usually just a light meal. With a few beers.

By 9.00pm, we're so tired from all the work and exertions...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"In Australia, we spend Xmas Eve in the pool, with beer.

Xmas morning, we have breakfast on the beach, with beer.

Lunch, we barbecue sausages and drink beer.

Then we hit the pool. With beer.

Dinner is usually just a light meal. With a few beers.

By 9.00pm, we're so tired from all the work and exertions...

Kolbassa and beer for Christmas. Got to love it. Throw in some big booty tramps and it could be one of my past Christmases in Brazil, Columbia, or Ecuador.

Bricktop

Er...wife isn't keen on the tramps...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Er...wife isn't keen on the tramps...

Ya well, I was in between old ladies at the time. But, Christmas in a warm climate is a lot of fun.

Anonymous

Oh and I left out one other tradition. Mommy likes to partay. :yahoo:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Oh and I left out one other tradition. Mommy likes to partay. :yahoo:

I'm sure Priscilla does.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"yaaaa

The Jewish Australian Princess.

Aryan

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc"yaaaa

The Jewish Australian Princess.

You 2 should hook up one Hanukkah.  :roll: