News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Where do you come down on this? (When is vigilante Justice warranted?)

Started by Wazzzup, December 18, 2017, 12:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We must always be careful not to confuse justice and revenge.

Exactly Bricktop.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Dunno

I have seen a lot of this lately.  Like the Somali cop not even charged with anything for the murder of an unarmed Australian woman in Pajamas, or the girl that got only a year, plus probation for the hate crime, torture, kidnapping of a mentally disabled white man.

Denying people justice is like victimizing them all over again.  I am surprised more people dont take the law into their own hands when stupid judges let people go with little or no punishment for often the worst of crimes.

I have had to straighten out an ex of my sister. If I was a relative of the girl and I knew about this I would have straightened out Noce too.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"We must always be careful not to confuse justice and revenge.

Exactly Bricktop.

What's so wrong with revenge?   Most people want revenge when they are wronged, why is that necessarily a bad thing?

BTW I forgot about another high profile case where the victim and their family didn't get justice- Kate Steinle the women murdered by the illegal and the illegal got off with only a weapons violation. So add that to the Somali cop not even charged for the murder of an unarmed Australian woman in Pajamas, or the black girl that got only a year, plus probation for the hate crime, torture, kidnapping of a mentally disabled white man, and the child molestor in the OP.  And you have a crapload of people in high profile cases not getting the justice they deserve, something which is almost as cruel as the crime itself.  I am sure there are many many more that we never hear anything about.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Exactly Bricktop.

What's so wrong with revenge?   Most people want revenge when they are wronged, why is that necessarily a bad thing?

BTW I forgot about another high profile case where the victim and their family didn't get justice- Kate Steinle the women murdered by the illegal and the illegal got off with only a weapons violation. So add that to the Somali cop not even charged for the murder of an unarmed Australian woman in Pajamas, or the black girl that got only a year, plus probation for the hate crime, torture, kidnapping of a mentally disabled white man, and the child molestor in the OP.  And you have a crapload of people in high profile cases not getting the justice they deserve, something which is almost as cruel as the crime itself.  I am sure there are many many more that we never hear anything about.

I'm not saying I haven't felt like getting even when I have been wronged by someone.