Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I expect better of Canadians

Started by Bricktop, December 21, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Most province allow land owners to kill certain problem wild animals.

I understand that.  BC permits that also, unless blocked at the municipal level, which isn't uncommon in the more populated areas.

Bricktop

Just to be clear; I AM ONLY DIRECTING MY CHAGRIN AT PEOPLE WHO HUNT FOR ENTERTAINMENT. Whilst I don't care much for hunting in any form, if you eat what you kill at least I understand the benefit. Shooting a cougar is not hunting for food. It is killing for pleasure.

Angry White Male

It may be, but he is within the law, and he is eating it, so what's the difference between that, and a deer?

Angry White Male

And don't give me no shit about what people will, and will not, eat.

My grocery store briefly carried Kangaroo meat.  And I live in Canada.  What the fuck?  I'm not joking.  It didn't last long, because not enough people bought it.

Frood

If I was really hungry I'd eat at Shin Li's Diner.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"If I was really hungry I'd eat at Shin Li's Diner.

You don't want to know what the Chinks will eat...

Angry White Male

I wonder how well he actually performed his job....

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

I always eat native wherever I go, smile, chew, savour, and often say the complete opposite of my immediate thoughts, such as 'delightful'.

It takes all kinds of meat eaters to make this animalistic world go round.

Who am I to judge why North Indian mountain rats are shit food or worse, inhumane, in the bellies of happy diners? I just go with the flow knowing that I'm eating something people like, the cooks probably killed it themselves, and that's their culture.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

ac_boring

Anonymous

KFC thrift dinners to go.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Just to be clear; I AM ONLY DIRECTING MY CHAGRIN AT PEOPLE WHO HUNT FOR ENTERTAINMENT. Whilst I don't care much for hunting in any form, if you eat what you kill at least I understand the benefit. Shooting a cougar is not hunting for food. It is killing for pleasure.

Cougars are dangerous to people...

If they get too populous, they will start attacking people..

Its just how it goes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"You can't just go shooting critters unless they are on your land.

Uh, no.

I'll assume you have limited knowledge of our hunting laws, which can also change Provincially also.

Herman's not wrong. He's posted about shooting animals that cause harm to private property including livestock. Most province allow land owners to kill certain problem wild animals.

Frickin rights. Until about seven years ago we had a bounty of twenty bucks on coyotes. I made a lot barrel wash money off my land when we had that.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Just to be clear; I AM ONLY DIRECTING MY CHAGRIN AT PEOPLE WHO HUNT FOR ENTERTAINMENT. Whilst I don't care much for hunting in any form, if you eat what you kill at least I understand the benefit. Shooting a cougar is not hunting for food. It is killing for pleasure.

Cougars are dangerous to people...

If they get too populous, they will start attacking people..

Its just how it goes.

Not if people keep out of their manor.

The Australian crocodile is one of the most dangerous animals on the planet. However, if you do not enter their clearly marked territories, they are harmless.

To them, you are just food.

Frood

Croc is nice in curries or quickly deep fried and dipped in sweet chilli sauce.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop