The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

White Privilege Checklist

Started by Wazzzup, December 30, 2017, 03:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I'd like to know what are these privileges bestowed on people like my electrician husband in the USA that someone like Oprah Winfrey does not have?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"A letter to the editor

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/letter-to-the-editor-white-privilege-inherently-oppresses-non-white-people/comments/">https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/ ... /comments/">https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/letter-to-the-editor-white-privilege-inherently-oppresses-non-white-people/comments/

QuoteWhite privilege inherently oppresses nonwhite people

I am a white person; therefore, I am a racist. I have benefited from white privilege and there is much I do not appreciate or even understand about what the benefits of those privileges have brought me and others.

To be white and say that one is not a racist denies the experiences of people of color from the beginning of the European invasions of this continent.

I wish the president would join me, as a learner, about privilege and racism and come to see his participation in these systems.

Barbara Thomson

Portland

White privilege-- because white paraplegics have it better than NBA millionaires :001_rolleyes:

Barbara Thomson could be denied a  federal job because of her race, held  to a higher standard for uni admission, have her kids shamed in school because the chattering classes have deemed their DNA to be that of the oppressor and the brainwashed dunce still thinks she has unfair advantages.  :crazy:
 Great points shen.  It is a lot more complicated then the progtards want to make it.  In general Whites may have some advantages but they have some disadvantages too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"A letter to the editor

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/letter-to-the-editor-white-privilege-inherently-oppresses-non-white-people/comments/">https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/ ... /comments/">https://www.pressherald.com/2018/01/29/letter-to-the-editor-white-privilege-inherently-oppresses-non-white-people/comments/

QuoteWhite privilege inherently oppresses nonwhite people

I am a white person; therefore, I am a racist. I have benefited from white privilege and there is much I do not appreciate or even understand about what the benefits of those privileges have brought me and others.

To be white and say that one is not a racist denies the experiences of people of color from the beginning of the European invasions of this continent.

I wish the president would join me, as a learner, about privilege and racism and come to see his participation in these systems.

Barbara Thomson

Portland

White privilege-- because white paraplegics have it better than NBA millionaires :001_rolleyes:

Barbara Thomson could be denied a  federal job because of her race, held  to a higher standard for uni admission, have her kids shamed in school because the chattering classes have deemed their DNA to be that of the oppressor and the brainwashed dunce still thinks she has unfair advantages.  :crazy:
 Great points shen.  It is a lot more complicated then the progtards want to make it.  In general Whites may have some advantages but they have some disadvantages too.

I have before, but I'll ask again; what privileges has American or Canadian society bestowed solely on Caucasians?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'd like to know what are these privileges bestowed on people like my electrician husband in the USA that someone like Oprah Winfrey does not have?

The lefties say they hate stereotypes but ironically their views are based purely in steotypes.  they will tell you quickly that not all blacks are criminals, nor are all Muslims terrorists.  Something most of us know.  But they have no problem with the idea of declaring all whites as "privileged"

I'm not sure how a white paraplegic is more privileged than an NBA millionaire.  Or a white homeless man has it better than Kanye west.  Or like you say a white electrician compared to Oprah.  Its a stereotype that doesn't hold truth on many comparisons.

Of course they would argue a middle class white kid has it better off than a lower middle class black kid.  But then why is that?  This is why IMO--My wife and I are married.   I taught my sons to read by the age of four, we helped them with their homework, we made sure they only hung out with good kids.  We always applied gentle but firm pressure for them to succeeed.  I don't think many blacks are raising their kids that way.  Its not a question of privilege, its more about values and choices.  I can't help the fact that many black parents are not married, they aren't very involved in their kids lives, they don't help their kids with schoolwork, and they have low expectations.  And to top it off black peers at school often berate other blacks who do well in school as "acting white"  

These are the real problems,  Not some mostly imaginary overstereotyped "privilege"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'd like to know what are these privileges bestowed on people like my electrician husband in the USA that someone like Oprah Winfrey does not have?

The lefties say they hate stereotypes but ironically their views are based purely in steotypes.  they will tell you quickly that not all blacks are criminals, nor are all Muslims terrorists.  Something most of us know.  But they have no problem with the idea of declaring all whites as "privileged"

I'm not sure how a white paraplegic is more privileged than an NBA millionaire.  Or a white homeless man has it better than Kanye west.  Or like you say a white electrician compared to Oprah.  Its a stereotype that doesn't hold truth on many comparisons.

Of course they would argue a middle class white kid has it better off than a lower middle class black kid.  But then why is that?  This is why IMO--My wife and I are married.   I taught my sons to read by the age of four, we helped them with their homework, we made sure they only hung out with good kids.  We always applied gentle but firm pressure for them to succeeed.  I don't think many blacks are raising their kids that way.  Its not a question of privilege, its more about values and choices.  I can't help the fact that many black parents are not married, they aren't very involved in their kids lives, they don't help their kids with schoolwork, and they have low expectations.  And to top it off black peers at school often berate other blacks who do well in school as "acting white"  

These are the real problems,  Not some mostly imaginary overstereotyped "privilege"

Many of these things you have said about some  African American families, East Asian families say about Caucasians..

Many Caucasian parents are not married, they are involved in their kids lives, they don't help their kids with schoolwork, and they have low expectations..

And to top it off they Caucasian peers at school often berate other Caucasians who do well as not being well rounded..

My point being I can find no evidence of racial privileges reserved for whites..

The only privilege that is a good indicator of future success is having a stable two parent home.

Anonymous

The only ethnicity in Canada that we  can point to and say has undeniable institutionalized privileges because of their DNA are Aboriginals. The list of privileges that only are exclusive to them is long.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Many of these things you have said about some  African American families, East Asian families say about Caucasians..

Many Caucasian parents are not married, they are involved in their kids lives, they don't help their kids with schoolwork, and they have low expectations..

And to top it off they Caucasian peers at school often berate other Caucasians who do well as not being well rounded..

My point being I can find no evidence of racial privileges reserved for whites..

The only privilege that is a good indicator of future success is having a stable two parent home.

A lot of that is true when you compare whites to Asians.  That's why Asians are, on Average out earning whites in the US and outperforming them at school.

As to your point on privilege-- I can't think of one legal area where whites have an advantage.  A lot of the privilege theory stuff is based on whites being a numerical majority and that that supposedly has a negative psychological impact on minorities.  That is the only area where I can see they might possibly have a point.  But  it is impossible to quantify that, and when I see minorities go into situations where they are surrounded by whites, most whites treat them like everybody else.  I am sure there are rare exceptions, but that's what they are, rare exceptions.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"The only ethnicity in Canada that we  can point to and say has undeniable institutionalized privileges because of their DNA are Aboriginals. The list of privileges that only are exclusive to them is long.

Oh yes!  And they have milked it, are milking it, and will milk it until the end of time!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"The only privilege that is a good indicator of future success is having a stable two parent home.

This I will agree with, and is sadly something that we are seeing less and less of, from almost ALL races!  Now, I'll touch on the point that new immigrants may have heavy-duty beliefs when it comes to marriage and vows, but after a generation or two, I wouldn't be surprised if their divorce rate starts to climb, and their single parenthood rates start to climb also.

Society is going through a shift right now.  There's a reason I decided not to have kids, even though I have often entertained the thought over the years...  With kids, I wanted to be able to either give all, or to give nothing, so to speak.  Taking into account my own personal circumstances, and just the way of the 'modern' female, and the modern world altogether, I decided to never have children from quite early on.

I WANTED to increase the White birthrate, but I will not do so at the expense of my spawn, in this society...

Anonymous

As to your point on privilege-- I can't think of one legal area where whites have an advantage.  A lot of the privilege theory stuff is based on whites being a numerical majority and that that supposedly has a negative psychological impact on minorities.  That is the only area where I can see they might possibly have a point.  But  it is impossible to quantify that, and when I see minorities go into situations where they are surrounded by whites, most whites treat them like everybody else.  I am sure there are rare exceptions, but that's what they are, rare exceptions.

I've read a lot about it on past forums and nobody could give concrete evidence of it..

East Asians who believe it exists used media images to make their case which is numerical evidence as you say, and that is very subjective.

Anonymous

I've read a lot about it on past forums and nobody could give concrete evidence of it..

East Asians who believe it exists used media images to make their case which is numerical evidence as you say, and that is very subjective.

Even in the media, I'm glad to see more Asian men and not in such stereotypical roles.

Wazzzup

I remember we talked before about this.  I think when it comes to finding dates its a different story,. people like people who are more like them.  Its human natire, not racism.  Just like people tend to date people around the same age as they are.  I am sure that if a white guy went  to China he would have a harder time finding a chinese woman interested in him over the average chinese man.

So the question is, which is more likely, that the media was portraying Asian men as not virile (I tried to think of examples but couldn't) or that some of those guys were a bit nerdy and unattractive and were having a hard time because of that, but didn't want to admit that to themselves. (plus the aformentioned- people are usually attracted to those most like themselves)

Anonymous

So the question is, which is more likely, that the media was portraying Asian men as not virile (I tried to think of examples but couldn't) or that some of those guys were a bit nerdy and unattractive and were having a hard time because of that, but didn't want to admit that to themselves. (plus the aformentioned- people are usually attracted to those most like themselves)

The guys who used to whine about that were twenty year old geeks with no game. Instead of hitting the gym and making themselves attractive to chicks they'd pull an oddstain or Mel and sit in their rooms and whine on the internet. Which, by the way, makes them even less appealing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"/quote]

The guys who used to whine about that were twenty year old geeks with no game. Instead of hitting the gym and making themselves attractive to chicks they'd pull an oddstain or Mel and sit in their rooms and whine on the internet. Which, by the way, makes them even less appealing.

I have a younger brother, so I understand their feelings a little  bit..

It's hard enough being a young man, but when you add to that not looking like the majority and East Asians high expectations for their sons, it is a stressful time..

It's a phase that nearly all of them grow out of.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"/quote]

I have a younger brother, so I understand their feelings a little  bit..

It's hard enough being a young man, but when you add to that not looking like the majority and East Asians high expectations for their sons, it is a stressful time..

It's a phase that nearly all of them grow out of.

right, they go out and get advanced degrees and earn good money and instantly become more attractive! :laugh:   Okay that was a something of a steroetype but I bet its true a lot of the time.  

I had a lot of girlfriends here and there before I was married, but there were a lot of times when I was lonely too, and Im a white guy, and I know a lot of white guys who were in the same situation too.  My older son, who is well above average looking, but shy, never had a date in high school but has been with the same very attractive girl for almost two years now.