Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Amazon debuts GO store with no high minimum wage cashiers

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2018, 10:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm a business owner, Fash.  I also require a rate increase, from time to time, since my costs are NOT going down.

The workers at the bottom are just as deserving of a minor increase, that the rest of us want, and push hard for.

If your fucking business model will go broke by paying $11/hour instead of $10/hour?  Then you shouldn't be in business in the first place...

But this time Trudeau pass the legislation to increase min wage from 11 an hour to $15 an hour by 2019.  Instead of just trying to raise wages and making things more expensive, people should try to look and fix the problem why there's an inflation in the first place.  ac_unsure

Trudeau or Kathleen Wynn?

I thought the federal minimum wage only applied to a few jobs?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm a business owner, Fash.  I also require a rate increase, from time to time, since my costs are NOT going down.

The workers at the bottom are just as deserving of a minor increase, that the rest of us want, and push hard for.

If your fucking business model will go broke by paying $11/hour instead of $10/hour?  Then you shouldn't be in business in the first place...

But this time Trudeau pass the legislation to increase min wage from 11 an hour to $15 an hour by 2019.  Instead of just trying to raise wages and making things more expensive, people should try to look and fix the problem why there's an inflation in the first place.  ac_unsure

Hmm not too sure, lol, I can only confirm is it's a only provincial in Ontario to pay everyone at least $15 an hr by 2019.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Hmm not too sure, lol, I can only confirm is it's a only provincial in Ontario to pay everyone at least $15 an hr by 2019.

Alberta will be the first province with a minimum wage of fifteen dollars per hour later this year.

Frood

Keynesian Economics and the people like AWM who worship it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Keynesian Economics and the people like AWM who worship it.

And for servers it means less money in their pockets..

I read Albertans are spending less money in restaurants and tipping less..

Raising minimum wage actually lowers their wages.

Anonymous

Did you see  Patrick Brown resigned as leader of the Ontario PC party? This close to an election. This election should be a gimme for the Tories, but once again they will probably snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Did you see  Patrick Brown resigned as leader of the Ontario PC party? This close to an election. This election should be a gimme for the Tories, but once again they will probably snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I haven't been up to date with the latest news lately, but do you mean the Conservative might lose this time in the next election due to Patrick's resign?
Permanently off his rocker

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"And for servers it means less money in their pockets..

You can read all you want to read...  The fact is, is that wages must, and historically have, gone up over time.

If they didn't, we all could still buy a brand new Ford for $300.

Can you buy a brand new Ford for $300 USD, Fash?

You know WHY you cannot buy a brand new Ford for $300 USD, Fash?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

You can read all you want to read...  The fact is, is that wages must, and historically have, gone up over time.

How many people get forty five per cent raises over three years?

That's what the government of Alberta has forced on small businesses in Alberta..

They can't afford it, Albertans can't afford it and they are increasingly staying home.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

How many people get forty five per cent raises over three years?

That's what the government of Alberta has forced on small businesses in Alberta..

They can't afford it, Albertans can't afford it and they are increasingly staying home.

It's not smart to rapidly raise wages for jobs that are being replaced by technology.