Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

This judge is well out of order

Started by Bricktop, January 24, 2018, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

">

Nassar is a filthy creep, who deserves all he got.

But the judge, a female, declares it a "privilege" to sentence him to 175 years. This is not impartiality, the cornerstone of ALL judicial sanctioning. She speaks as a female, sentencing a male. Her language is utterly inappropriate for a judicial representative.

I suspect that in Australia, and most other nations, that statement alone would qualify an appeal against the sentence. Judges must impose sentence without bias, and without emotion and sentiment.

She should lose her job, or at least be suspended.

A judge HAS no gender.

Angry White Male

Just imagine what will happen when Whitey becomes minority...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

But the judge, a female, declares it a "privilege" to sentence him to 175 years. This is not impartiality, the cornerstone of ALL judicial sanctioning. She speaks as a female, sentencing a male. Her language is utterly inappropriate for a judicial representative.

I suspect that in Australia, and most other nations, that statement alone would qualify an appeal against the sentence. Judges must impose sentence without bias, and without emotion and sentiment.

A judge HAS no gender.
I don't know the case, but that statement should guarantee an an appeal.

cc

What a waste. They had him cold  ..... till she said that
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

If it were me, I'd be appealing against the sentence forthwith.

Aryan

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

A judge HAS no gender.
That seems like an unprofessional statement from a judge during sentencing.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Not to mention sexist.

I would feel that way about locking him up, but a judge shouldn't.

Bricktop

Exactly.

I cannot sympathise with this asshole...but a judge should NEVER state or imply personal sentiment when administering punishment.

cc

Well judges can "feel"  .. pretty hard not to in many cases

However, they must "make themselves function impartially" or they are not doing the job they took on
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Oh big deal.  I've heard worse been said.  For the crime he committed, the number of people involved, he deserved to be talked to like the piece of shit he is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Well judges can "feel"  .. pretty hard not to in many cases

However, they must "make themselves function impartially" or they are not doing the job they took on

She should have kept her comments to herself.

Berry Sweet

She had every right to make him feel like shit.  That's just a soft starter for where he's going.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Oh big deal.  I've heard worse been said.  For the crime he committed, the number of people involved, he deserved to be talked to like the piece of shit he is.

Of course he does.

But not by an impartial, calculating and reasonable judge.

For a judge to derive glee and pride for gaoling ANY criminal is despicable.